Hi, i currently have bb bold 9780 which was recently purchased and was preloaded with bbm 5
    Ive been getting notifciations via app world that BBM 6.1.0.49 is avaliable to upgrade
    I just wanted to know whether it is worth an upgrade - i was thinking of upgrading it but ive seen quite a few people say they have upgraded it and seen thier bbm icon dissappear and yet it still says installed.

Has that problem been sorted. At the moment - BBM 5 is fine for me, i would like to upgrade however dont want to lose the icon or anything.

What would be the best choice. Any help much appreciated.
    02-13-12 06:11 AM
    Hi, i currently have bb bold 9780 which was recently purchased and was preloaded with bbm 5
    Ive been getting notifciations via app world that BBM 6.1.0.49 is avaliable to upgrade
    I just wanted to know whether it is worth an upgrade - i was thinking of upgrading it but ive seen quite a few people say they have upgraded it and seen thier bbm icon dissappear and yet it still says installed.

Has that problem been sorted. At the moment - BBM 5 is fine for me, i would like to upgrade however dont want to lose the icon or anything.

What would be the best choice. Any help much appreciated.
    I have been using BBM 6 since the beginning. I have beta tested all the versions and I have NEVER lost my icon. There are many great features of BBM and if you don't upgrade, you are missing the chance to try them.
    m69c44 likes this.
    02-13-12 07:07 AM
    like jaydee5799 said, you would miss the goodies on the 6.
    i have updated to all versions and never ever lost something or something went bad.
    best choice to make is up to you, i wouldn't mind it and just upgrade it.
    02-13-12 07:10 AM
    If you lose the icon, just simply reboot the phone.....it'll reappear
    02-13-12 04:29 PM
    No issues with when I upgraded to bbm6
    02-13-12 08:29 PM
    Same Here no problems.
    02-13-12 10:34 PM
    As everyone else said UPGRADE! If you don't, you will miss out on new features.
    02-14-12 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD