Did anybody else notice this today?!?

BBM 6.1 is in Beta Zone! Looks like a pretty significant update.

Change the color of the chat boxes
    Longer status updates
    New emoticons!
    Animated display pictures

Mine is downloading now!

Whats everybody think of it?
    Last edited by Kennedy.L; 11-17-11 at 02:58 PM.
    11-17-11 02:42 PM
    11-17-11 03:00 PM
    Downloading right now
    11-17-11 03:58 PM
    I think it would be a cool feature if I could chose my chat bubble color that my contacts would see when they BBM me.
    11-17-11 04:14 PM
    Not a good start as have input keycode & still unable to select accept. open to advice as am currently rebooting & retrying the keycode gain otherwise will revert back to previous version. Bold 9900
    11-17-11 04:20 PM
    Wow, runs nice and FAST!
    11-17-11 04:23 PM
    No problems here, looks good and I love the colours

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-11 04:27 PM
    What does beta mean ? N can I use this new update to my torch 9850 thru Verizon

11-17-11 04:29 PM
    Okies redone & gotta say am liking this update.
    11-17-11 04:57 PM
    What does beta mean ? N can I use this new update to my torch 9850 thru Verizon

i don't know the excat difinition but pretty much beta is rim testing it, and it could have bugs, and yes you can download it on your 9850.
    go to blackberry.com/beta to sign up annd download
    11-17-11 05:00 PM
    Ok so, I dl'd the beta today. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anything in options about changing the bubble colors. All I see is the option to reset the bubble colors. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Torch 9800 AT&T if that makes a difference.

NEVERMIND! I figured it out! Thanks for the post Bla1ze!
    Last edited by islandfever2009; 11-17-11 at 07:25 PM.
    11-17-11 07:20 PM
    Ok so, I dl'd the beta today. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anything in options about changing the bubble colors. All I see is the option to reset the bubble colors. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Torch 9800 AT&T if that makes a difference.
    found this fustrating myselft,you go on the contacts profile you whant to change
    the colour of ther box on,ther should be a option to set colours to all contacts with one option instead of going through contoact and contact
    anyone agree?
    11-17-11 08:13 PM
    its working good for me.
    11-17-11 10:11 PM
    found this fustrating myselft,you go on the contacts profile you whant to change
    the colour of ther box on,ther should be a option to set colours to all contacts with one option instead of going through contoact and contact
    anyone agree?
    Agreed. Would be way easier. Also wish I could change the color if MY bubble. Nice update tho.

11-17-11 10:41 PM
    anyone agree?
    I'm not sure if I am understanding this correctly, but an option for those who want to change the colors for all contacts at once would be good for those that wish for that. I however, would not use that option as I believe it would be counter to being able to differentiate between contact postings. Maybe I did not understand this correctly.
    Agreed. Would be way easier. Also wish I could change the color if MY bubble. Nice update tho.
    Maybe you can add yourself as a contact, then change the color of the bubble for yourself (within that contact). You may not see the change in color on your end, but it is possible that your contacts may see the color change. Give it a try...

I also think there are limitations with what can be done within a regular chat and groups though...
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 11-17-11 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Spell Check...
    11-17-11 11:40 PM
    I love this update! It seems much faster than the previous version. A big thumbs up from me!
    11-18-11 01:05 AM
    I don't know who decided on those bubble chat colors but... let's just say I'd love to see a color palette so I can pick and choose colors that I like.
    11-18-11 07:24 AM
    I'm not sure if I am understanding this correctly, but an option for those who want to change the colors for all contacts at once would be good for those that wish for that. I however, would not use that option as I believe it would be counter to being able to differentiate between contact postings. Maybe I did not understand this correctly.
    IIRC, there was a beta (or a leak? version 5 perhaps?) where colored chat bubbles behaved exactly as they do in this beta. I'm just happy they brought them back!
    11-18-11 07:45 AM
    I don't know who decided on those bubble chat colors but... let's just say I'd love to see a color palette so I can pick and choose colors that I like.
    There is currently a color palette of colors to choose from within a contacts profile, but it seems to be limited to only 11 colors (10 plus 1 default). Hopefully the color choices will be expanded in the future at the official full release.
    11-18-11 07:46 AM
    I'm just happy they brought them back!
    I as well.

10 Char
    11-18-11 07:49 AM
    I downloaded this last night. As other said it was much smoother. I really liked the addition of the dunno smiley and the just beat up one. However, after a couple minutes I was unable to view some contacts profile pic, I only saw a black box. Soon after members in a group I am in could not read my chats. Then bbm stopped going through. I restarted 4 times and it kept showing it was polling for data and freezing the phone. Then I got a white screen with some sort of error, but thankfully that went away. I uninstalled the app and went back to the latest official bbm. Everything went back to normal.
    11-18-11 09:44 AM
    I downloaded this last night. As other said it was much smoother. I really liked the addition of the dunno smiley and the just beat up one. However, after a couple minutes I was unable to view some contacts profile pic, I only saw a black box. Soon after members in a group I am in could not read my chats. Then bbm stopped going through. I restarted 4 times and it kept showing it was polling for data and freezing the phone. Then I got a white screen with some sort of error, but thankfully that went away. I uninstalled the app and went back to the latest official bbm. Everything went back to normal.
    You should report your findings in the Beta Zone Bugs and Issues forum. It is a beta product and experiences like yours, if reported, can help tune the program for public consumption.

https://www.blackberry.com/beta/categories/view/555
    11-18-11 09:48 AM
    Is there another link I can download it? Blackberry Beta Zone is not available in my country
    11-18-11 01:02 PM
    Is there another link I can download it? Blackberry Beta Zone is not available in my country
    Even if you could download it from somewhere else... you wouldn't be able to use it without the unique key that's only available through the Beta Zone.
    11-18-11 01:14 PM
    No problems here, looks good and I love the colours

I like the colors but first person I showed them to said that it made BBM "look cheap".

I didn't think so =(

maybe some more vibrant colors would be cool but that could make small black print hard to read. Either way it is a step forward and I am happy with BBM 6.1
    11-18-11 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD