Video: BlackBerry Messenger 6.0 – a look at new features and when it will be released! N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews

Wondering what would be in BlackBerry Messenger 6.0? We initially heard rumors on BBM 6.0′s upcoming features, which seem to have been about spot on. RIM is looking to make BBM 6.0 a much more social tool for allowing users to interact and share in games and more.

You will be able to share large file sizes for images, video to your contacts. BBM 6.0 chat can be easily integrated into third-party apps. The overall user interface will not necessarily change from 5.0 to 6.0, but many great new features are getting pumped into BBM to keep BlackBerry users connected.

RIM intends to push out the BBM tools to developers by March, and a full roll out of BBM 6.0 to consumers by May. What do you think, sound cool?
    02-14-11 02:27 PM
    I'm hoping that the bit about devs getting it in march means I'll be able to get my hands on it (and perhaps incorporate it into a hybrid? )
    02-14-11 07:28 PM
    Hopefully they'll have some new phones to run it on at around the same time. They are already starting to release things I can't use on my 1 and a half year young Tour (Blackberry Travel App) but are not releasing a phone that I would want to upgrade to to get this feature. RIM continues to have a horrible rollout strategy for hardware and software.
    02-15-11 06:21 AM
    So, given that they are saying May, that means August, right?
    02-15-11 08:39 AM
    I'm upset because they said no change in the UI. RIM acquired TAT and they're doing what with that exactly? I saw the Scrapbook app (by TAT) video and it's pretty cool. I love the current BBM layout but spice it up some! The same way how the pictures where in 3D on the app can we get some of that on BBM please?!?! I guess I will continue to wait....
    02-16-11 11:54 AM
    So, given that they are saying May, that means August, right?
    Sounds pretty optimistic to me...
    02-16-11 12:32 PM
    Just saw the weather app for PlayBook built by TAT........ Again I'll just continue to wait to see what improvements TAT brings to BBM, if anyway, as well as the whole BlackBerry phone experience.
    02-16-11 01:27 PM
    Did I miss the feature where you can use BBM on Android and iOS?
    02-16-11 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD