hey i am a torch user and i am using bbm 6.0 beta version on my phone and i just wanted to ask and see if everyone else is having the same problem as me or if its something i should check with my service provider.. this has been happening frequently now and when i click on a bbm contact and try to msg them it always tells me to readd the person and when i ask them if they deleted me they said no.. which is weird and like everyday i have to keep readding same bbm contact do anyone else have the same issue and do u guys think its something i should check with my sevice provider?
    05-26-11 02:07 PM
    Hmmm...that's strange. I've been using the beta as well, but haven't encountered any such issues.

In the past, I have accidentally delete my contacts when I intended to delete an ongoing chat. If you're sure that you aren't doing something like that, then maybe you should downgrade back to the stable version.
    05-26-11 02:12 PM
    You might have had a problem with the install. Make sure you delete current version and download 73 from Zone and reinstall. I originally install 6 over 5 and I had lots of issues.
    05-26-11 02:16 PM
    I am also using BBM 6.0.0.73. This is not happening to me either, and is also not on the list of known issues in Beta Zone.

As thecoach1999 said, I would try deleting the app, downloading again from Beta Zone, and reinstalling. If you are still having this issue, then you should report it to the devs on Beta Zone.
    05-26-11 02:36 PM
    i'm using version 5.0.3.22 something like that and what happens to me on a few contacts after i reboot the phone is "so and so has not got you as a contact do you want to re invite them" i just cancel it because i know the person hasn't deleted me.
    05-26-11 02:42 PM
    i'm using version 5.0.3.22 something like that and what happens to me on a few contacts after i reboot the phone is "so and so has not got you as a contact do you want to re invite them" i just cancel it because i know the person hasn't deleted me.
    Yeah I know what u are talking about but in this case they didn't delete me then they wonder why am I readding them and that's what the problem is

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 03:47 PM
    6.0.0.73 here, and no issues like that.
    05-26-11 04:07 PM
    You might have had a problem with the install. Make sure you delete current version and download 73 from Zone and reinstall. I originally install 6 over 5 and I had lots of issues.
    So I would have to delete the current version before I dl the beta version? Cause when I dl bbm 6 I just dl it and replace it with the one I had before

05-26-11 10:31 PM
    do you have wireless backup enabled. If so then just reinstall and restore from the wireless backup or just restore from the wireless backup. That should help.
    05-27-11 12:29 AM
    So I would have to delete the current version before I dl the beta version? Cause when I dl bbm 6 I just dl it and replace it with the one I had before

As it states on the OTA download page for all bb betazone apps, they instruct you to delete the app completely, before installing the beta app... I have followed their steps for bb traffic, bbm, and facebook betas, and have not once experienced any issues...

05-27-11 01:26 AM
    As it states on the OTA download page for all bb betazone apps, they instruct you to delete the app completely, before installing the beta app... I have followed their steps for bb traffic, bbm, and facebook betas, and have not once experienced any issues...

When I installed the BBM beta, it did not ask me to remove the older version first, and I've had no problems running it. Other beta applications did specifically ask for older versions to be deleted first (Facebook, Twitter).

Having said that, it is generally a good practice to manually uninstall an older version before installing a new one.
    05-27-11 01:30 AM
    This happened to me once before after I did a restore from a different phone. It added all the contacts to MY list, but upon messaging them I had to re-add. I just sent out a broadcast message to everyone then re-added them one by one. Tedious, and there's probably a better fix, but that's what I did. haha
    05-27-11 03:27 AM

Please download OTA (over-the-air) only by navigating to the download page from your BlackBerry device.

We ask that all testers please create a backup of their device information and BBM contact list prior to installing the software, such that your data can be restored if issues are encountered upon loading the software. If you require instructions on how to do this, please click here.
    I'm wondering where it says you have to uninstall the current version to install 6.0.XX?

I've never uninstalled any original app before installing a BZ one. Any one that needed to be removed prior to installing a BZ app asked before it installed to remove the previous version.

Although this is not a known issue and no one I know or on these forums seems to be having the same issue as you. I would backup my contact list onto my SD card or email, then uninstall and reinstall from the beta zone. If it keeps happening then I would report it as a bug in BZ.
    05-27-11 06:46 AM

hey i was wondering do u think u can tell me how do i delete and reinstall bbm 6.0 beta? i keep having to readd my contacts and i wanna start fresh but would i have to readd everyone all over again?
    05-27-11 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD