Was surfing the net and went to BBLEAKS and found BBM6 for download. Not sure if it works for OS5 so its up to y'all still riding with OS5 to try it out. If u wanna download, CLICK HERE Post your findings

CORRECTION: ONLY FOR OS6 users so us OS5 users got shafted like the Storm 2 with BB6. Oh well have fun OS6 users and let us know what's new, problems and looks.
    Last edited by Kryngle; 03-31-11 at 11:24 PM.
    03-31-11 11:12 PM
    Don't waste your time trying this leak. Every comment I've seen about it says it don't work and you end up having to wipe to get a working bbm back. These were os 6 devices too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 07:18 AM
    Don't waste your time trying this leak. Every comment I've seen about it says it don't work and you end up having to wipe to get a working bbm back. These were os 6 devices too.

Yep, bricked my 9700 this morning, thankfully I had my laptop with me.

04-01-11 08:45 AM
    updated the instructions

"BBM 6.0.0.56 Workaround for OS6 .5xx"
    OTA Instructions
    - Install the BBM6 OTA: Download Here (May ask for keycode)
    - Install the BBID OTA: Download Here
    You should now have an icon that does not open. To correct this, follow the next step.
    -Using BBHTool, BBSAK, or BBMCP, install these files to your device: Download Here
    Files included are:
    net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod
    net_rim_bbapi_contactlinking.cod
    net_rim_bbapi_sendmenu.cod (seems to help fix on older OSs)
    - On reboot, you should now have BBM6.

Desktop Instructions
    Download the Desktop install for BBM6: Download Here

Loader Install:
    - Drag the contents of the download above into the OS folder your are installing.
    - Plug in your device and run Loader.exe
    - Install BlackBerry Messenger as you would normally

JavaLoader.exe Install:
    - Plug in your device
    - Launch Install.bat

Confirmed working on:
    9800 6.0.0.526 leak
    9700 6.0.0.480 (With full .524 Java swap)
    9700 6.0.0.499 (With full .524 Java swap)
    9670 6.0.0.522 leak
    9650 6.0.0.524 leak
    Last edited by lyricidal; 04-03-11 at 08:47 PM.
    Elite1, Blacklatino and BBB78 like this.
    04-03-11 01:31 PM
    Thanks for the breakdown bro.

So even with the "OTA install" you still need a PC to load those 3 cod's right?
    Guess I should wait until I get home.
    04-03-11 03:28 PM
    Worked for me. Thanks.
    04-03-11 03:30 PM
    anything worthy in this BBM upgrade worth noting?
    04-03-11 06:49 PM
    is that a typo in the title 6.0.65? i thought there was a newer version already.

the 6.0.0.56 has colored chat boxes apart from that i haven't noticed anything and the group chat was not showing in the message list. i just reinstalled 6.0.0.31 because i use the group chat.
    04-03-11 07:00 PM
    The only thing I noticed starting with 6.0.0.31 was that any menu items globally that made reference to "Messenger" now said "BBM."

Example would be forwarding a pic. You click MENU, select Send, and your choices would now include "BBM Contact" as well as "BBM Group" if you have any.

I hope that made sense…
    04-03-11 09:37 PM
    updated the instructions

"BBM 6.0.0.56 Workaround for OS6 .5xx"
    OTA Instructions
    - Install the BBM6 OTA: Download Here (May ask for keycode)
    - Install the BBID OTA: Download Here
    You should now have an icon that does not open. To correct this, follow the next step.
    -Using BBHTool, BBSAK, or BBMCP, install these files to your device: Download Here
    Files included are:
    net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod
    net_rim_bbapi_contactlinking.cod
    net_rim_bbapi_sendmenu.cod (seems to help fix on older OSs)

Desktop Instructions
    Download the Desktop install for BBM6: Download Here

Loader Install:
    - Drag the contents of the download above into the OS folder your are installing.
    - Plug in your device and run Loader.exe
    - Install BlackBerry Messenger as you would normally

JavaLoader.exe Install:
    - Plug in your device
    - Launch Install.bat

Confirmed working on:
    9800 6.0.0.526 leak
    9700 6.0.0.480 (With full .524 Java swap)
    9700 6.0.0.499 (With full .524 Java swap)
    9670 6.0.0.522 leak
    9650 6.0.0.524 leak
    i have tried the steps above all dang day and its kicking my @ss. what am i doing wrong here? no matter what i do it still asks for the key code. what the heck is that? where do i get?
    04-03-11 11:11 PM
    has anyone confirmed if this workaround will work on devices running 6.0.0.4xx or is it still only for .5xx devices?
    04-07-11 02:46 AM
    anything worthy in this BBM upgrade worth noting?
    It definitely loads group chats faster. It also eliminates the lag when scrolling through contacts some people had when the device initially boots up. The option to change a contacts chat color is nice but really just fluff.
    04-07-11 06:11 AM
    Is it possible to do the same trick with fb2.0? (Using it without a keycode)

04-07-11 02:50 PM
    Installed this on my 9780. Can't seem to get the colors to work. No option there.
    04-07-11 04:19 PM
    Installed this on my 9780. Can't seem to get the colors to work. No option there.
    Which version of BBM did you have before attempting to install this BBM6 leak?
    Are you sure you've successfully installed the 6.0.0.56 leaked version?

Open BBM, click your MENU key (ie BB logo key to left of Trackpad), and select Options. Options will open, click MENU again and select About BlackBerry Messenger to see your version number.
    04-07-11 05:52 PM
    Is it possible to do the same trick with fb2.0? (Using it without a keycode)
    I believe I've read of people on here doing so.

I'm not sure where you live as your profile doesn't say and your carrier just says Vodafone without being more specific. Does BB Beta Zone allow residents of your country to participate in their programs?
    If so, save yourself a ton of hassle: Just go join Beta Zone and you'll almost instantly have access to the FB beta and several others, which means BZ will send you a keycode when you download it.
    04-07-11 05:56 PM
    is that a typo in the title 6.0.65? i thought there was a newer version already.
    Yes, it's a typo.
    04-07-11 05:58 PM
    Which version of BBM did you have before attempting to install this BBM6 leak?
    Are you sure you've successfully installed the 6.0.0.56 leaked version?

Open BBM, click your MENU key (ie BB logo key to left of Trackpad), and select Options. Options will open, click MENU again and select About BlackBerry Messenger to see your version number.
    I had the Beta Zone version 5.0.3.13 or something. Why? I used the OTA method by the way.

Last edited by Ibn la Ahad; 04-08-11 at 04:45 PM.
    04-07-11 11:41 PM
    I believe I've read of people on here doing so.

I'm not sure where you live as your profile doesn't say and your carrier just says Vodafone without being more specific. Does BB Beta Zone allow residents of your country to participate in their programs?
    If so, save yourself a ton of hassle: Just go join Beta Zone and you'll almost instantly have access to the FB beta and several others, which means BZ will send you a keycode when you download it.
    I'm from the Netherlands. No beta program over here unfortunately.

04-08-11 01:34 AM
    I did tried it, It worked Fine on my 9780 but i don't like it so i downgrade back to BBM 5. It's more like an Upgrade for me though .

Notes: If you want to try it, Use DM to load it onto ur device - U'll get no problems
    04-08-11 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD