12-27-11 10:10 PM
47 12
tools
    hate the big smiley
    07-28-11 06:28 PM
    I installed the new BBM 6 (On bold 9700 OS 6)..
    I'm woundering how does bbm application integration work ?
    I see nothing in the "options" menu of BBM
    07-30-11 12:32 AM
    New BBM grabs info from apps that are built to work with it.

You will not see option in BBM, but rather the app sending the info, status update.
    07-30-11 01:06 AM
    New BBM grabs info from apps that are built to work with it.

You will not see option in BBM, but rather the app sending the info, status update.
    And if you carry this concept one step further, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine this same thing applying to the music updates.

Perhaps there will be a "BBM connected" media player update some day.
    07-30-11 06:35 AM
    I went to integrate scoremobile and it asked for my BBID. When I entered it, I recieved a warning that the phone would now be tied to my BBID and I might not get all my email. I'm rather inexperienced at this and wondered what this meant?
    thanks
    07-30-11 09:18 AM
    So guys, I've been reading around online about the new bbm 6 being compaitble with os 4.5 or higher but for some reason I am having issues downloading and installing it on my curve 8330. Any tips for me to pull this off? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 11:24 AM
    BBM 6 works over Wi-Fi!!
    Earlier version did not work right ?
    Try this version. It works on WIFI !!!
    Amazing
    07-31-11 02:41 PM
    not much diff from the last BBM 5 i think...
    but the weird thing is, i cant search the linked blackberry contacts...
    say if the contacts display name on BBM is Miss Brown, n i linked it to my phone book contacts, to Stephanie Brown
    when im still on BBM 5, i can search for Stephanie, n it will show..but now on BBM6 it no longer work..i have to type either Miss or Brown on the search...
    n some ppl use weird character for their DN..haha..
    harder to find this way, i have to scroll down to find the name, or i have to rename all the DN one by one..but im lazy :P
    07-31-11 08:40 PM
    not much diff from the last BBM 5 i think...
    but the weird thing is, i cant search the linked blackberry contacts...
    say if the contacts display name on BBM is Miss Brown, n i linked it to my phone book contacts, to Stephanie Brown
    when im still on BBM 5, i can search for Stephanie, n it will show..but now on BBM6 it no longer work..i have to type either Miss or Brown on the search...
    n some ppl use weird character for their DN..haha..
    harder to find this way, i have to scroll down to find the name, or i have to rename all the DN one by one..but im lazy :P
    True and this was a turn off for me, and if your list is long then its work to find a contact.
    07-31-11 08:51 PM
    True and this was a turn off for me, and if your list is long then its work to find a contact.
    do you think they will fix this on the next update?
    07-31-11 09:08 PM
    anyone have any idea as to why none of the "connected apps" will actually connect with BBM? If i open foursquare, poynt, scoremobile etc... and it's trying to connect to bbm, i get an error saying the server is unavailable and to try again later. Been gettin this a few days now.

Any ideas?
    08-01-11 11:16 PM
    I am unable to send pictures via BBM. I get to the screen where you can add text, but it doesn't allow me to scroll to the SEND button. Only down to the CANCEL. Damn! Otherwise so far so good...
    I am having the same exact issue... its really annoying cause all you have to do is click it but it WONT LET YOU!! Has anyone found a fix???

08-03-11 08:02 PM
    I am having the same exact issue... its really annoying cause all you have to do is click it but it WONT LET YOU!! Has anyone found a fix???
    Same here!! What's going on?!?

08-04-11 01:00 PM
    Same here!! What's going on?!?

Ahhhh!! Anyone??

08-04-11 08:07 PM
    After installing the new BBM my phone keep working slow...could someone please help...thanks in advance
    09-07-11 09:51 AM
    After installing the new BBM my phone keep working slow...could someone please help...thanks in advance
    You should put your phone details in your profile. What model do you have and do you use any BBM connected apps? If you don't use connected apps, your best bet may be to rollback to the previous version.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ck-ota-634014/
    09-07-11 10:23 AM
    ****..!! The new bbmessenger doesn't show "listening" updates..!! It's not relevant, but was there before the upgrade.. =/
    I've seen a few folks post this comment/complaint about BBM6 and I'm wondering if it's maybe related to using OS5 vs OS6. I'm on OS5 and still have the "listening" updates at my BBM 6.0.0.129 header, but nobody saying they lost that function seems to have their OS in their CB Forum header so I don't know if the OS is actually related or not.

The same concept might also apply to the issues with not being able to send photos through BBM?

Could this also be a difference between BBM 6.0.0.125 and 6.0.0.129??
    09-09-11 05:01 PM
    I've seen a few folks post this comment/complaint about BBM6 and I'm wondering if it's maybe related to using OS5 vs OS6. I'm on OS5 and still have the "listening" updates at my BBM 6.0.0.129 header, but nobody saying they lost that function seems to have their OS in their CB Forum header so I don't know if the OS is actually related or not.

The same concept might also apply to the issues with not being able to send photos through BBM?

Could this also be a difference between BBM 6.0.0.125 and 6.0.0.129??
    Yes, the "Listening To" and a few media bugs were corrected in 129.
    09-09-11 05:06 PM
    I just wish they would introduce customisable coloured chat bubbles, especially in group chats

10-02-11 05:46 PM
    hey does anybody here us this new bbm on a curve 8520? Ever since i updated it on my curve 8520 my bbm has been really slow, i get the clock a lot of times and sometimes messages send in the wrong order because the phone is freezing up? If anyone else as encountered this and found the cause and solution, would you mind sharing please?
    10-07-11 04:52 PM
    on appworld, a lot of negative comments re bbm 6. still use bbm 5 and thinking about upping to 6? have 9650 os 5. have limited bbm contacts, and set up several groups for messaging and group calendars. what advantages does upping to 6 offer/ disadvantages? wondering about bb music trial, and believe it requires bbm 6? if i wanted to downgrade back to bbm 5, is there a way to do so? will upping to 6 do anything to established bbm groups?
    would bbm sharing apps always share app info to all contacts? is there a way to only show my music to specific sub-group; my game score or where i am or whatever to only sub-group? or set apps to be allowed to connect out with bbm only when i permit? cause i dont think business contacts should be seeing my music or online game scores; for that matter, i'd like to be able to set different avatars for business than for friends. possible in bbm 6? are group apps always on? always using data in background?
    12-27-11 09:54 PM
    Well first off, there's usually a lot of negative comments about darn near anything.

on appworld, a lot of negative comments re bbm 6. still use bbm 5 and thinking about upping to 6? have 9650 os 5. have limited bbm contacts, and set up several groups for messaging and group calendars. what advantages does upping to 6 offer/ disadvantages? 5 is slower, 6 is a lot better at sending links. Quite frankly, I haven't used 5 in so long, I can't remember what all has changed, but I can certainly get you a downgrade link if you don't like it.

wondering about bb music trial, and believe it requires bbm 6? if i wanted to downgrade back to bbm 5, is there a way to do so? will upping to 6 do anything to established bbm groups? You won't be able to use BBMM without 6, nor I believe any of the connected apps. Upgrading/downgrading won't affect the groups at all.

would bbm sharing apps always share app info to all contacts? Only if you allow it. You have a choice with each app, and each event you do with each app.

is there a way to only show my music to specific sub-group; my game score or where i am or whatever to only sub-group? No

or set apps to be allowed to connect out with bbm only when i permit? Yes
    cause i dont think business contacts should be seeing my music or online game scores; for that matter,

i'd like to be able to set different avatars for business than for friends. possible in bbm 6? No

are group apps always on? always using data in background? No, you can launch and close them, just like any other 3rd party app.
    12-27-11 10:10 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD