I have the NEW software, 6 OS .. When I send out a picture using BBM why cant I delete the picture or another BBM contact cant delete that picture I send out... Hope that makes sense.... I need your HELP!!!!

Thanks
    02-01-11 10:16 AM
    With the latest bbm versions the pictures don't get saved automatically anymore, they're only in the conversation, you have to click menu/save to save them. When you delete the conversation the pics will be gone too.

Also now they get sent automatically in the smallest format, 45kb, if you want the full picture you have to click menu/request higher quality version of this picture, then a request will be sent to the other contact and they have to accept your request.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 02-01-11 at 01:16 PM.
    Weaver11 likes this.
    02-01-11 01:14 PM
    They need to fix that..
    02-01-11 01:18 PM
    You don't understand, you can't delete them as they're not saved, unless you save them. Once you delete that conversation the pictures will be gone too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 01:20 PM
    I get it.. I like the old one better b/c when someone send's you a picture you have a choice of keeping it or declineing it....

Thanks
    02-01-11 01:51 PM
    I get it.. I like the old one better b/c when someone send's you a picture you have a choice of keeping it or declineing it....

Thanks
    The problem with that was you had to accept it at the size it was sent by the other person, with the 3.2 mp and now 5mp cameras the size can be a lot bigger. Think if somebody sends you 2 pictures and you are in the usa roaming from the uk, with the 5mp camera that could be 1mb or 8
    It's a safety thing, probably too many people ended up with huge bills.
    Basically now you get sent what was previously the preview of the photo that you could view before you accepted it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 02:27 PM
    Many (most?) people didn't like the previous way, and it was deficient in many ways.
    Main problem is that the requests expired, but the recipient wouldn't know until they tried. That led people to think things like, "Oh man, why does BBM suck?" and the like.

So the new way is a more complete service to the end user.

What did you mean that the sender can't delete the picture?
    02-01-11 02:32 PM
    You have to clear the whole chat to get rid off the picture.. Like the old one you can decline it.
    02-01-11 03:03 PM
    You have to clear the whole chat to get rid off the picture.. Like the old one you can decline it.
    If you're the sender, you don't see the picture.
    02-01-11 03:25 PM
    Basically now you get sent what was previously the preview of the photo that you could view before you accepted it.
    I think you now receive the image with the maximum size being the sender's screen resolution. Anyway that's probably what the preview was before and means the same as what you said.
    02-01-11 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD