Not sure if this where to post this so please move if needed..

Ok the question is when I send a message will BBM to someone why does it take so long to get to them and then other BBM contacts goes right away? I mean the (D) show up and sometimes it take hours to get to them..

I'm running OS 5.0.0.1015 (9550)

Thanks..
    01-31-11 01:50 PM
    Yes, the D means Delivered and the R means Read. Perhaps they are not in the habit of checking BBM and do not have a sufficient alert set for it?
    01-31-11 04:00 PM
    Not sure if this where to post this so please move if needed..

Ok the question is when I send a message will BBM to someone why does it take so long to get to them and then other BBM contacts goes right away? I mean the (D) show up and sometimes it take hours to get to them..

I'm running OS 5.0.0.1015 (9550)

Thanks..
    if the D is showing up right away, the system is working well. The R denotes when the recipient interacted with BBM (ie, they read your message). Count yourself lucky if you get the D, as many of my messages have been lost. BBM is not wholly reliable, which is why I'm going to switch to a large screen droid. One of the main draws for me to BB was BBM, so if I can't count on it, that leaves me with little to miss when I dump BB.
    01-31-11 04:16 PM
    There is more to life than BBM. Not getting that instant D shouldn't be such a big deal. Honestly do you read every message as soon as it comes in. And keep in mind that every SERVICE on your Berry is network dependant. There are so many reasons why you wouldn't get that instant D. So be patient young grasshopper! LOL.
    02-01-11 04:12 PM
    There is more to life than BBM. Not getting that instant D shouldn't be such a big deal. Honestly do you read every message as soon as it comes in. And keep in mind that every SERVICE on your Berry is network dependant. There are so many reasons why you wouldn't get that instant D. So be patient young grasshopper! LOL.
    I know u didn't address your question to me, but I'll answer. Yes, I do read messages as they come in, because when I use BBM, it is for a "real time " conversation. Got it?? I use it when it is impossible to speak with the person, but they and I are in a position to text. the way YOU do things isn't necessarily the ONLY way others use THEIR devices. Having said all that, I will somehow manage with a texting alternative when I switch to an Android soon. BBM has been too unreliable of late, anyway, so it's not such a big loss.
    02-01-11 06:52 PM
    I know u didn't address your question to me, but I'll answer. Yes, I do read messages as they come in, because when I use BBM, it is for a "real time " conversation. Got it?? I use it when it is impossible to speak with the person, but they and I are in a position to text. the way YOU do things isn't necessarily the ONLY way others use THEIR devices. Having said all that, I will somehow manage with a texting alternative when I switch to an Android soon. BBM has been too unreliable of late, anyway, so it's not such a big loss.
    No I didn't but its cool. We're adults, educated at that. You stated the answer to my question as well. No we all don't operate the same. So for your "real time" situations, I can't fathom that people drop everything they're doing to answer messages. Mind you that is definitely a case by case basis I.e. You may be expecting something. Needless to say, all I'm saying is that someone could be doing something else when they receive that message. That D won't appear if they don't have the proper coverage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 09:17 PM
    So the delay comes from your cell carrier network and blackberry side as well? well I guess I will just have to wait a little longer to get my BBM's no big deal.. thanks for the info
    02-01-11 11:50 PM
    No I didn't but its cool. We're adults, educated at that. You stated the answer to my question as well. No we all don't operate the same. So for your "real time" situations, I can't fathom that people drop everything they're doing to answer messages. Mind you that is definitely a case by case basis I.e. You may be expecting something. Needless to say, all I'm saying is that someone could be doing something else when they receive that message. That D won't appear if they don't have the proper coverage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The beauty of texting is that one need not "drop what they are doing". Otherwise we could simply call one another. But like I explained, there are times when I want a real time convo, and it can only be done via texting. BBM works great for that, presuming the service isn't hiccupping that day.

And you are correct, that if they aren't in a good coverage area, the D doesn't appear--which is another good thing about BBM. If the message is/or becomes, time critical, one could pick up the phone and call the recipient or try to reach through other means (land line, colleague, etc) if it became apparent that they didn't receive the text message.
    02-02-11 12:19 AM
    If the D shows, it's on their phone. Whether or not they chose to answer right away is another story. If you're NOT getting the D, then there might be a network coverage thing on their end as was mentioned above, or they might very well have their phone off. It isn't often BBM has been anything but exceptional, and reliability is NOT an issue for me. I can tell right away when it is delivered, and then again when it is read.
    02-02-11 02:31 AM
    If the D shows, it's on their phone. Whether or not they chose to answer right away is another story. If you're NOT getting the D, then there might be a network coverage thing on their end as was mentioned above, or they might very well have their phone off. It isn't often BBM has been anything but exceptional, and reliability is NOT an issue for me. I can tell right away when it is delivered, and then again when it is read.
    If you don't find reliability to be an issue, then you haven't used BBM for a year, every day like I do. If you don't believe me, search out the many complaints about it, on this site and others. Unless you live under a rock, you would know that there have been recent service outages.
    02-02-11 12:19 PM
    if the D is showing up right away, the system is working well. The R denotes when the recipient interacted with BBM (ie, they read your message). Count yourself lucky if you get the D, as many of my messages have been lost. BBM is not wholly reliable, which is why I'm going to switch to a large screen droid. One of the main draws for me to BB was BBM, so if I can't count on it, that leaves me with little to miss when I dump BB.
    I'm sure they can't wait to see you moaning at droid forum
    02-02-11 04:14 PM
    I'm sure they can't wait to see you moaning at droid forum
    I won't be buying any android phone until I check it out thoroughly. You don't know why I own a Storm, do you?? If you did, you'd not have made such a baseless/classless comment.
    02-03-11 12:11 AM
    You learn something every day.

I had no idea the "D" or the "R" even appeared (my eyes ain't what they use to be ).

So now when I send my wife a BBM and see the "R" but she hasn't replied, I can call her and get on her case. Or maybe I should have just called her in the first place.

Seriously, we use it several times a day and find it usefull and reliable.

Tks guys
    02-03-11 11:09 PM
    I won't be buying any android phone until I check it out thoroughly. You don't know why I own a Storm, do you?? If you did, you'd not have made such a baseless/classless comment.
    Don't bother checking. It will never be as good as RIM's or Apple's OS regardless what some say.

And I don't care why you have Storm. I don't want to hear your moaning, call help cold line to cry out instead.
    02-06-11 05:58 AM
    Also, if the other user is on the phone you wont get the "D" until they hang up the phone. Or end the call rather.

When I say "hang up the phone" I'm showing my age.
    02-08-11 12:37 PM
    Don't bother checking. It will never be as good as RIM's or Apple's OS regardless what some say.

And I don't care why you have Storm. I don't want to hear your moaning, call help cold line to cry out instead.
    More classless comments. Tell you what--since you don't want to hear any "moaning", do us all a favor and put me on your ignore list. Don't bother replying, unless you like talking to yourself, because you are now on mine. adios, Mr. Rude.
    02-08-11 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD