My BBM is not working. I tried to send a message to my friend but it keeps showing the little red clock symbol for every message. I tried sending her a message yesterday and it still will not send. Do I need to update it? And if so, will I lose my contacts? Help needed...
    08-25-10 09:48 PM
    My BBM is not working. I tried to send a message to my friend but it keeps showing the little red clock symbol for every message. I tried sending her a message yesterday and it still will not send. Do I need to update it? And if so, will I lose my contacts? Help needed...
    When I updated mine I didn't lose any contacts. Of course, I only have 2. But, you can select the option to create a backup of your contacts on the SD card or through DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 09:52 PM
    does your other data services work, email and internet? if so it may be BBM issue and reinstalling/upgrading may help. If no data feature it will never work
    08-25-10 09:58 PM
    Have you tried just a simple battery pull?
    08-25-10 10:04 PM
    I just noticed that my internet isn't working..well it's saying it can't find the server or something. And I just realized I hadn't gotten any emails today either. What does that mean? And how do I fix it?
    08-25-10 10:10 PM
    Sorry, just did a battery pull and that seemed to work! I didn't see your post until after the pull!
    08-25-10 10:13 PM
    Try going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu Button>Register Now

That should fix it for you....I hope. Let me know if it did, or didn't.
    08-25-10 10:13 PM
    Sorry, just did a battery pull and that seemed to work! I didn't see your post until after the pull!
    Very awesome news! FYI, it's good to do a battery pull once every week or so. Tends to help your phone clear all of the old files it's not using anymore and other things. It isn't a must but it's a good idea from time to time
    08-25-10 10:14 PM
    Sweet. I also did the registration thing too just in case. Do you know why that type of thing happens? Like how can everything just stop working?..Thanks for the help. You always give the best advice!
    08-25-10 10:29 PM
    Sweet. I also did the registration thing too just in case. Do you know why that type of thing happens? Like how can everything just stop working?..Thanks for the help. You always give the best advice!
    What carrier do you use?
    08-25-10 10:40 PM
    I appreciate the comments

A lot of times your phone just freaks out. Blackberries have to maintain a constant connection with the BB servers. If something stops that connections, like a lost signal or something, the phone may have a problem reconnecting. Typically if your email goes down, so does your internet, and bbm - it all works off the same connection. A battery pull just restarts the device and often times that connections process. If it wasn't connected before the battery pull, it should kick in afterwards. Buuuut sometimes that isn't the case.

Glad it was a simple fix for you

08-25-10 10:47 PM
    What's a battery pull .?

08-26-10 05:52 AM
    a battery pull
    is pulling the battery out before switching it off it restarts the device when the battery is placed in
    08-26-10 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD