The user name and all the contacts on friends bbm went to my bbm. My bbm screen name is not mines, but my friends name. My picture is gone and is now a picture of my friend. I am now a male instead of female!!!! WTF!!! I got all his contacts and I am now my own friend (since I was in his bbm contacts). I am just really confused by all this and wondering how it is possible. Anyone with any info on this?
    07-22-10 12:36 PM
    The user name and all the contacts on friends bbm went to my bbm. My bbm screen name is not mines, but my friends name. My picture is gone and is now a picture of my friend. I am now a male instead of female!!!! WTF!!! I got all his contacts and I am now my own friend (since I was in his bbm contacts). I am just really confused by all this and wondering how it is possible. Anyone with any info on this?
    any chances of having the phones swaped?
    07-22-10 01:18 PM
    I have had my phone since last year and the only number it has had is mine. Same with his. I don't think he would like my purple curve! lol If this was what you were meaning.
    07-22-10 05:00 PM
    What version of BBM are you using? This sounds all but impossible. If this were to happen there could mean HUGE security risks...
    07-22-10 05:05 PM
    My bbm has been updated. Yeah it seems almost impossible but everything on bbm was not mine. My screen name and picture and contacts were his. I changed it back but some things are still his. I don't remember my pin so I'm not entirely sure if I his or mine.
    07-22-10 05:11 PM
    I have the same pin!
    07-22-10 05:12 PM
    My bbm has been updated. Yeah it seems almost impossible but everything on bbm was not mine. My screen name and picture and contacts were his. I changed it back but some things are still his. I don't remember my pin so I'm not entirely sure if I his or mine.
    Until you can demonstrate 1) you don't have his device in your hands or 2) somehow prove that you have received all of his contacts, pictures, etc. I call "bunk." This is basically impossible and would cause horrific security issues.

I have the same pin!
    You would. There is no way for you to change this on your own.
    Last edited by d5115r; 07-22-10 at 05:21 PM.
    07-22-10 05:13 PM
    What is "bunk"? and explain #2. lol I did not have his device with me and we were at two different places when it occurred. I just don't see how I can get his contacts when I did not invite them or vise versa.
    07-22-10 05:19 PM
    What is "bunk"? and explain #2. lol I did not have his device with me and we were at two different places when it occurred. I just don't see how I can get his contacts when I did not invite them or vise versa.

Basically, where's your proof.
    07-22-10 05:21 PM
    Huh ???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 05:24 PM
    My bad....... ye never know what ppl mean sometimes
    07-22-10 05:24 PM

Well it happened and that's why am asking about it. I am not a very creative thinker, especially when it comes to this. Never did I imagine this could happen, but it did. Thought I could get a maybe some answers or something, not somebody calling me I'm a liar.
    07-22-10 05:28 PM
    rrawrr, welcome to the forums.

Hey d5, long time no see (we both test fixmo).

I have no proof, but I have a story...

When my gf was here last Jan she has a very interesting BBM incident where one of her contacts got doubles of me.

One was a ghost version of me he could not access since I didn't have him on my BBM, the other was actually her, showing with my name and picture.

Only thing I could think of, and that's really a long shot, was that we were sharing DM for the time she was here. Not that it explains anything...
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-22-10 at 06:14 PM.
    07-22-10 06:12 PM
    rrawrr, welcome to the forums.

Hey d5, long time no see (we both test fixmo).

I have no proof, but I have a story...
    When my gf was here last Jan she has a very interesting BBM incident where one of her contacts got doubles of me. One was a ghost version of me he could not access since I didn't have him on my BBM, the other was actually her, showing with my name and picture. Only thing I could think of, and that's really a long shot, was that we were sharing DM for the time she was here. Not that it explains anything...
    Did you get all of her contacts etc. on your device like the OP has? If contact swaps etc. are really going on RIM has an extraordinary privacy/security issue on their hands.
    07-22-10 06:20 PM
    Did you get all of her contacts etc. on your device like the OP has? If contact swaps etc. are really going on RIM has an extraordinary privacy/security issue on their hands.
    Nope, it was just as I stated. Quite a weird bug.

Funny enough, I just noticed the OP is also a girl. Wonder if she is on Orange UK... Shouldn't have anything to do with this and I must add my gf has a 8900.

OP, did you share a PC? Both phones using DM? As before, it's the only thing I can think of...
    07-22-10 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD