Alright so last night I wanted to go from BBM 4 to 5. I tried installing and it kept stalling halfway through downloading. Then after about an hour I got the hourglass which would not go away. I removed the battery and decided in the morning I would use the backup I made of my phone before I did all this. So my phone was cool and I decided to go to a local BB user who has had a BB for years and is also a crackberry. So using his advice I uninstalled and reinstalled app world, then I tried to get messenger. Got the thing downloaded, great. But then what happened was the install stalled. It said Installing... but the bar wasnt actually going up. Then it just decided to disappear.
    I uninstalled BBM 4 in hopes to alleviate the problem and i am downloading the BBM 5 from app world again...
    what the **** am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by BlueAltitude; 10-20-09 at 12:50 PM.
    10-20-09 12:43 PM
    what OS are you running?
    10-20-09 03:02 PM
    Sounds like a OS problem. You need to be running OS 4.5.0.131 or newer.
    10-20-09 05:21 PM
    went to the about section under options and i think this is it. blackberry (r) 8330 smartphone (cdma) v4.5.0.77

I got the bbm 5 to install through the web browser by the way. can verizon update me? why would they sell me a phone that has not the latest version?
    10-20-09 08:53 PM
    That's fairly common. When many of the phones were made, that was the official OS. It's not terribly difficult to upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 09:49 PM
    I installed this leaked OS 5.0.0230, but my BBM 5.0 is gone..

I see people have it and talk about it.. but why don't i see it on mine?? I even went to the app world and reinstalled it again and still no icon??

can you give me advice?
    Last edited by fizad99; 10-20-09 at 09:59 PM.
    10-20-09 09:51 PM

I see people have it and talk about it.. but why don't i see it on mine?? I even went to the app world and reinstalled it again and still no icon??

can you give me advice?
    it could be a glitch but i am not an expert by any means.
    Last edited by BlueAltitude; 10-20-09 at 10:55 PM.
    10-20-09 10:45 PM
    That's fairly common. When many of the phones were made, that was the official OS. It's not terribly difficult to upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was wondering where I could get the latest stable version of OS and what could go wrong if i upgrade, and what do i do exactly?
    10-20-09 10:54 PM

can you give me advice?
    you will need to see if BBM is listed in Options>applications>add-on. if it is, resend your servicebooks to your device, click the email setup icon and when the browser loads the page listing your registered email addys, scroll down to the "help" link, click, at the top of the new page there is a link to send servicebooks, click, page refreshes, informs you of success or failure in your attempt, within seconds you should have received a message in each registered email account indicating that you are now registered, etc. check for BBM now, if the icon still doesn't display, delete the application following the above file path on your device, battery pull if the OS doesn't require a reboot to complete the delete, then visit blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger from your device browser and download and install that way, resend service books again. that should cure all your woes. cheers!

P.S. supposing that you already knew all the steps for all that, i apologize for my verbosity...
    10-20-09 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD