12-05-09 01:37 PM
39 12
tools
    so any solutions to fix this? its driving me nuts.
    10-12-09 07:51 PM
    so any solutions to fix this? its driving me nuts.
    um...fix what? its the way its set up, its not a bug. if you don't want it to work like that then you'll have to downgrade back to 4.7, altho, i still have to approve everyone i know thats on 4.7.
    10-12-09 07:55 PM
    It is a bug. If i select "accept" the picture should come through, but it doesn't.
    10-12-09 10:12 PM
    I am using a Tour on Verizon's network and I can"t receive pictures using bbm 5 also, I also get stuck at Received-0.00 KB until it times out. I can send pictures to my contacts and they go out ok. Does anyone have a fix for this?
    10-12-09 10:30 PM
    So I reinstalled bbm 4.7 and I can receive and send pictures no problem. This makes me think it not a hardware problem but a bbm 5 problem. Going to try to install bmm 5 one more time, if it doesn't work I might stay with 4.7 unitl they can fix the issue.
    10-12-09 11:55 PM
    Try resizing the picture when you send one through BBM. It gives you the Original/Large/Medium/Small option? I have had sucess when I change it to something else, otherwise it sits at 0.0 for me and my contact also.
    10-13-09 02:46 AM
    My understanding is that this is caused by saving the pictures to a media card. If I chose to save the pics to my phone it works.
    10-14-09 09:49 PM
    why has noone mentioned that the emoticons are a lot uglier in the newer versions of bbm? i do hope they get this sending/ receiving pictures thing sorted out, but also to get the old emoticons back! they were great!
    10-16-09 09:49 AM
    why has noone mentioned that the emoticons are a lot uglier in the newer versions of bbm? i do hope they get this sending/ receiving pictures thing sorted out, but also to get the old emoticons back! they were great!
    yea the emoticons are rather sucky...i do like the new ones they threw in there tho like the star, beer and coffee.
    RIM really need to get the send/receiving pictures thing under control...i hate you have to save the pictures now. PITA!
    10-16-09 09:52 AM
    I cant save pictures sent from a contact to the default folder (memory card) - The download only strarts if I change the destination to 'device memory'....Has this happened to anyone else??? I'm thinking this might have something to do with encryption???

Dont start me on why pictures take sooooooooooo long to download. Urgh!!!!
    Yup, I started a thread about this the day it came out. I have encryption on my media card also, and I have the same issue. It's a bug. I have a Tour and am running 5.0.0.230.
    10-16-09 02:48 PM
    um...fix what? its the way its set up, its not a bug. if you don't want it to work like that then you'll have to downgrade back to 4.7, altho, i still have to approve everyone i know thats on 4.7.
    No I'm having the same issue along with all of my friends using BBM5 ... Even if you accept the the pics, it just sits @ 0kb and ever actually transfers...

I just tried saving it to internal memory doesn't work either.

Strange thing is it was working for everyone about a week ago... now nothing... Only thing that still works is sending/receiving from BBM 4.7 and lower BB users.
    10-17-09 07:52 PM
    same **** happens with me it worked fine befor i switched over to the official release
    10-17-09 08:27 PM
    +1 Bringing this thread back from the dead!!!!!!

Why did RIM complicate things with the whole Accept thing? FACK!
    12-04-09 12:49 PM
    I hate how they changed it from how it used to be. Now I have to wait and if I dont see it in time, it expires
    12-05-09 01:37 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD