12-05-09 01:37 PM
39 12
tools
    Hey I was just wondering if I was the only with this specific problem, each time a contact on my BBM wants to send me a picture I accept it but nothing happens no kbs get transferred, is this a RIM issue or something with my 8900?
    10-09-09 05:52 PM
    Have them try to send the pic right from BBM instead of Media, in the chat Send File > Picture.
    10-09-09 05:53 PM
    Have them try to send the pic right from BBM instead of Media, in the chat Send File > Picture.
    That's what they doing and it still doesn't transfer any Kbs, funny thing is its only with this one contact and she is on the new BBM.
    10-09-09 05:56 PM
    Does she had a Bold by chance?
    10-09-09 05:58 PM
    Does she had a Bold by chance?
    The same phone as me but with the stock OS for T-mobile.
    10-09-09 06:07 PM
    I know there is some issues with the Bold, and sending pics from Media, (not sure if its OS releated or not yet), but sending from BBM worked for me.
    10-09-09 06:08 PM
    the only thing i don't like about the new bbm is the picture sending. It does take a ridiculously long time. It was much quicker with the old one. Thought it was only because it was beta but still bad.
    10-09-09 06:17 PM
    the only thing i don't like about the new bbm is the picture sending. It does take a ridiculously long time. It was much quicker with the old one. Thought it was only because it was beta but still bad.
    Yeah seriously this has become a major issue Idk what RIM was thinking when they did that feature I mean the quality is impressive but the time and sometimes it doesn't work is horrible we need a fix soon!
    10-09-09 06:21 PM
    i'm not thrilled with the picture sending and receiving either. The other issue i've noticed twice now, is that if a picture is send to me, and i don't open (download) it within 30 min it expires!

Anyon else notice that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 06:25 PM
    i'm not thrilled with the picture sending and receiving either. The other issue i've noticed twice now, is that if a picture is send to me, and i don't open (download) it within 30 min it expires!

Anyon else notice that?

Yes I had this issue as well with me. Overall I am not happy with this new BBM!
    10-09-09 06:28 PM
    love the new BBM.. but not happy with the pic situation!! I have blackberry curve and it seems to take forever to send and receive, and yeah i noticed that they expire if you don't open them right away. Hope they fix it!!
    10-09-09 07:16 PM
    Yea i'm having the same exact issue, no more does the picture just auto send and open in BBM now I have to save pictures with no option? That's counterintuitive, esp. since it isn't actually sending the pictures, anyone have any suggestions? It is happening with all of my contacts.
    10-09-09 07:50 PM
    I'm having the same problem with a couple of devices. they don't send or receive pictures, tried it with numerous contacts. Voice notes are working fine though.

I agree with everyone here, I don't want to save each and every image I receive, I'd rather have the option to view and save if I want to just like the old BBM. Especially that images now are not compressed like they used to be in the old BBM. they are sent in full size which is a benefit but sometimes you need the compression especially when you're on a limited data plan! I hope the guys at RIM understand that this is a huge problem since a lot of people upgraded to 5.0.

I would really love it if they did it this way:

View (Compressed) (Just like the old BBM)
    Save (Full Size or Compressed Option)+(No time limit/Expiry)
    10-09-09 09:49 PM
    it was much quicker cause it'd send a compressed 7k picture instead of anything usable, i'd prefer it take longer and have the nice picture, if you want it to speed up, have your camera take smaller pictures
    10-10-09 12:48 AM
    it was much quicker cause it'd send a compressed 7k picture instead of anything usable, i'd prefer it take longer and have the nice picture, if you want it to speed up, have your camera take smaller pictures
    I have no desire to carry a camera as well. It actually should be the other way around- if I need to send someone a larger picture then I probably wouldn't go through messenger- I would email it. Sending pics in messenger was perfect- want to send someone something quick and bam its done- now its a project someone has to "accept" within 30 minutes...
    10-11-09 08:41 AM
    Having a problem too. can't send or receive pictures, it always sits on 0.0kb I think it worked one time incoming but that's it.
    10-11-09 09:13 PM
    tried sending a pic last night right from my chat window in bbm and it didn't work. ah well. ended up sending via mms. sat on 0.0kb till i got fed up of it and cancelled it!
    10-11-09 09:21 PM
    Try sending from Media, selecting to Messenger Contact.

10-11-09 09:30 PM
    Agreed. The new BBM is a nice change from old, but pic option needs a change from RIM!
    10-11-09 09:31 PM
    I cant save pictures sent from a contact to the default folder (memory card) - The download only strarts if I change the destination to 'device memory'....Has this happened to anyone else??? I'm thinking this might have something to do with encryption???

Dont start me on why pictures take sooooooooooo long to download. Urgh!!!!
    10-12-09 02:39 PM
    i have been able to send by the "send file" option.

when on BBM hit the menu button and choose SEND FILE > PICTURE - then just pic the picture that you are looking to send. takes a couple seconds but seems to work everytime.

i still cant beleive that this is a problem though......
    10-12-09 06:13 PM
    I send pictures back and forth with only one person on my bbm list. I've resorted to setting up a Group for the two of us and sending the picture to Group from the Media folder. Only a workaround until RIM fixes this problem.
    10-12-09 06:22 PM
    As with others, can't get BBM to send or receive pics with either my Bold or friends 8900. Just sits at 0.0 kb
    10-12-09 06:23 PM
    As with others, can't get BBM to send or receive pics with either my Bold or friends 8900. Just sits at 0.0 kb
    works fine here, probably sent a few hundred, and gotten just as many, they won't send unless someone accepts, personally i love this, i think the picture sending was horrific before and never used it... the pictures were small, unusable, me and my friends always just emailed, but now, you can send full size, and with the bbm groups, picture sharing is even better, being able to add audio commentary... hooray for RIM
    10-12-09 06:25 PM
    tried sending a pic last night right from my chat window in bbm and it didn't work. ah well. ended up sending via mms. sat on 0.0kb till i got fed up of it and cancelled it!
    bbm 5 will NOT send a picture unless the other party accepts it.
    10-12-09 06:26 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD