anyone knows wwhy status message cant be updated on bbm 5.0 ???

previously im using bb javelin and using the old bbm ,it was, i update the status and everybody can see it, then i upgrade to bbm 5.0 and restore the contact list from my back up, and it cant updtae the status anymore, i mean i can set the status an so on, but people cant see the change in my status message. I thought it must be a corrupt back up.

so i just lear to life with it,

and yesterday i bought a bb onyx, or bold 9700, that comes with os 5.0 and bbm 5 . i dont want to restore my contact from my previous 8900 back up afraid it might be corrupt so i re add again the contact one by one, i added a bout 10 contacts and try to update my status messages, and it work !! yipee finally.
    but to my horror after i add them all (about 150) now i cant update my status message again!!!

i heard someone ever tell me that this is abug, that if your contact list for BBM is more than 100, u wont be able to update your status message,
    but if your contact list is less than that you are good to go.
    can anybody confirm this ?
    its just spoiled my enjoyment of having a supposedly "smart phone"
    11-29-09 08:51 AM
    I never heard about that bug . Try adding them manually rather than adding them as a back up file .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 11:01 AM
    i did add all manually
    11-29-09 11:25 AM
    I don't think that bug exists . My friend has over 150 contacts and everytime he updates his status or image , it appears in "recent updates" .

My only suggestion would be to update your OS .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 11:27 AM
    I thought I was the only one but I guess I'm not. I have the same problem! I had this problem previously with the Bold as well. I also have over 150 contacts.
    11-29-09 11:46 AM
    I don't think it's an issue for over 100 contacts because I don't have that many and I still have the issue. This is really annoying!
    05-07-10 09:23 AM