OK I found a weird problem in BBM 5. I was typing a BBM to a friend, and I was going to type and/or. I typed and and pushed space by accident. Then I hit backspace, and the spelling suggestion menu hovered above the word and. Then I clicked on the symbol/number button on the keyboard and then clicked on / (slash), and I got an error message that said "Input system error. The system is being restarted." It showed up for a couple of seconds and then went away, and all that seemed to happen was that it deleted the word and. Can anyone else reproduce this error? BTW I have OS 5.0.0.328, BBM 5.0.0.33 and I have the full keyboard in portrait.
    11-06-09 11:34 AM
    I've gotten that error a few times. I don't know exactly what causes it but I think it has to do with the forward slash.
    11-06-09 11:45 AM
    I've also gotten that error when typing other messages, either SMS or email. Seems very rare. Can't remember if it was with the forward slash or not, but I was definitely typing quickly and backspacing/correcting text each time. I think it's just that it gets confused about what you are typing.
    Not to worry though...when it says the system is being restarted, it just means the text input system, not the whole Blackberry.
    11-06-09 12:58 PM
    +1 No big deal though since all it does is starts the current word over.
    11-06-09 01:05 PM
    I've seen that even when I wasn't using any special characters. So I don't think it really matters what you are typing. I noticed that I'd get it usually when I was typing really fast on it in landscape.
    11-06-09 01:13 PM
    It's a keyboard error (it doesn't just happen in BBM) and I think it is related to/caused by the input correction.

It seems to happen when a word is completed and then you go back to change something and use a symbol or something unusual...at least that is when I seem to see it and I have had it happen several times.
    11-06-09 02:14 PM
    I get this sometimes too, all you have to do is press the escape key and it's back to normal :P
    11-06-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD