Can anyone tell me where I can get either a good working OTA for BBM 5 or a good working version of BBM 5 zip file for my Blackberry? I have just spent 3 days going threw this site, every thread possible, and tried so many links to get it with no success. I would really appreciate it. Also, the instructions to install it. I had it before and it worked well but had to reinstall everything on my blackberry and i lost it. I have a 8330 running 4.5.0.169. I would really appreciate this.
    09-15-09 07:54 PM
    09-15-09 08:24 PM
    http://smartphonenation.com/BBM5/For.../83XXBBM5x.jad try this one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 08:50 PM
    well i have tried downloading both those links and for some reasson just like all others, its always says " failed download". really don't know what to do.
    09-15-09 09:17 PM
    Have you tried stormota.com ?

09-15-09 09:32 PM
    just went to stormota.com but can't find BBM 5 on that site.
    09-15-09 09:45 PM
    i always seem to be getting "907 error, invalid cod"
    09-15-09 09:56 PM
    check the thread in my sig. FYI, theres a Native Apps forum for BBM problems. the OTA links in my thread work. if you are still getting the 907 cod errors, try clearing your browser cache and try again.
    09-16-09 04:44 AM
    well i did what you said and i am still getting the 907 cod errors. I then tried to load with the zip file like you said, but then it says all the time that the version is not compatible. The more i am reading all the messages on this BBM 5 version, the more i see that most are having problems. Why is this so much problem to install and why whoever created this app made it so difficult to install? can't anyone just build it in a way that we can all just install it like any other app? HELP!!!!!!!! Can someone tell me a fool proof way of installing it?
    09-16-09 05:59 AM
    here you go, this works

BBM 5.0 for ALL current OS

should be on that page or a couple links to find a working version, i think the ota is better than the .cod if you dont want to go through your computer and find and replace a certain module
    09-16-09 06:26 AM
    From the aforementioned page :

0mie, on July 17th, 2009 at 7:09 pm Said:

(curve 8330) You need to be running OS 4.5.0.131 or newerit just came to my attention and its a beta software, as always install at your own risk.
    09-16-09 06:29 AM
    From the aforementioned page :

0mie, on July 17th, 2009 at 7:09 pm Said:

(curve 8330) You need to be running OS 4.5.0.131 or newerit just came to my attention and its a beta software, as always install at your own risk.
    this is true. some of my friends tried bbm 5.0 on the .77 os and it deleted bbm completly. i'd post the link but it still won't let me.
    09-16-09 07:41 AM
    this is true. some of my friends tried bbm 5.0 on the .77 os and it deleted bbm completly. i'd post the link but it still won't let me.
    Damn!!! one post away from posting a link.
    09-16-09 08:50 AM
    I used this OTA link for my Storm. You can try it.

http://bit.ly/162dXk
    09-16-09 09:11 AM
    The 907 error isn't the link, it's the emulation mode set on your browser configuration. Change it to BlackBerry, and you'll get it to work.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

09-16-09 09:36 AM
    thanks for the links guys
    09-16-09 09:40 AM
    well i tried to change the configuration to Blackberry like sugested but it still does not work. i really don't know what to do anymore. And to be frank, I am getting really P@#S OFF with this. Why can't someone make it available so that it can load easily like all other apps? is it to much to ask?
    09-16-09 05:39 PM
    well i tried to change the configuration to Blackberry like sugested but it still does not work. i really don't know what to do anymore. And to be frank, I am getting really P@#S OFF with this. Why can't someone make it available so that it can load easily like all other apps? is it to much to ask?
    Because it's leaked software we shouldn't even have access too. If you have an 81xx, or 83xx and OS of 4.5.0.131 or higher, the link below has to work.

Wait a gosh darn minute. You are using the native browser aren't you?

09-16-09 05:47 PM
    I have the 83xx zip from the original leak. If you want it, pm me your email and I'll send it right out. Keep in mind that the only way I could get it to work was to have my OS saved to my computer and to copy the .cod files into the java folder:

Windows x86 versions it is located at:

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\

for Windows x64, the path is:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\

The .COD files go into the JAVA subdirectory
    09-16-09 07:22 PM
    I have the 83xx zip from the original leak. If you want it, pm me your email and I'll send it right out. Keep in mind that the only way I could get it to work was to have my OS saved to my computer and to copy the .cod files into the java folder:

Windows x86 versions it is located at:

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\

for Windows x64, the path is:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\

The .COD files go into the JAVA subdirectory

Hi there guys,

as brindaarnold mentioned that is the best way to install the bbm 5.0

here is the guide i followed and it worked great from the first time.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f153/ho...anager-271622/

hope it works to all of you guys
    09-24-09 05:11 PM
    Hi there guys,

as brindaarnold mentioned that is the best way to install the bbm 5.0

here is the guide i followed and it worked great from the first time.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f153/ho...anager-271622/

hope it works to all of you guys
    yea, well that link and the even easier OTA downloads are included in my sticky thread at the top of this forum. and no, the best way is to just do it OTA instead of doing it that way. old news.....
    09-25-09 03:21 AM
    yea, well that link and the even easier OTA downloads are included in my sticky thread at the top of this forum. and no, the best way is to just do it OTA instead of doing it that way. old news.....
    Now why would anyone want to look at the first post on a thread?

09-25-09 07:17 AM
    I totally agree with you that OTA is the best method, but for those who keep getting a "907 Invalid COD error" like me i think that doing it following the guide is the only way i guess
    09-26-09 11:04 AM
    I totally agree with you that OTA is the best method, but for those who keep getting a "907 Invalid COD error" like me i think that doing it following the guide is the only way i guess
    The 907 error is almost undoubtedly the result of either a bad link, or them not having their WAP browser set to BlackBerry emulation mode. Once those two things are corrected, OTA is a better solution for almost all but the most experienced.

09-26-09 12:00 PM
    Anything new on being able to DL BBM 5.0 for my 8320?

pin 247c7abf
    08-30-10 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD