10-09-09 04:48 PM
28 12
tools
    Hi i upgraded to bbm 5 last week, i seem to have problem sending messages out today. some of the messages i send have like a sound wave icon to the left of it and it doesn't go through for like 15 mins. some of them just go through right away and will have the check mark with the letter d or r beside it.
    08-03-09 02:44 PM
    My friend and I are having the same problem today - I upgraded two weeks ago and this is the first time I'm having any problem.
    08-03-09 03:06 PM
    same thing here too
    08-03-09 03:09 PM
    I thought I was the only one... good to know.

BAUSSE
    08-03-09 03:22 PM
    Bbm 5 is useless with messages. Downgrade back to the old one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 03:22 PM
    I've had bbm 5 for the same amount of time as you guys (2 weeks) and I noticed the lag with sending messages yesterday around mid-day. It's still doing it today as well. I would HATE to downgrade. The old BBM is PATHETIC compared to 5.0! I'm going to stick with it and hope RIM is just "continuing to upgrade their servers".
    08-03-09 03:27 PM
    Having the same problem.
    08-03-09 03:32 PM
    There is definitely a delay again today... but not nearly as bad as during the outage a couple weeks ago. For those of you saying its BBM 5 and you should immediately downgrade, your wrong. I would argue this is a RIM/Server issue again and has nothing to do with BBM 5. Up until today BBM 5 (in fact all BBM versions) were running perfectly since the outage. I suggest just waiting it out.
    08-03-09 03:41 PM
    Here we go again with the people screaming downgrade. This is a RIM issue. smdh
    08-03-09 03:46 PM
    It's funny. I've read countless threads regarding bbm5 not sending messages. Everyone wanted to jump ship when they first saw that it was messed up. Then when everyone found out it was a server issue all you saw were threads asking where they can find a working ota link for bbm5. I say if you like it, stick with it. RIM will fix the servers. If you don't like it, then downgrade.
    08-03-09 03:52 PM
    Here we go again with the people screaming downgrade. This is a RIM issue. smdh
    hardly. i downgraded today and my messages are being sent perfectly. I put up with delayed messages with bbm5 for a week and gave up. the original bbm maybe a lot more simple, but it's damn reliable.
    08-03-09 04:17 PM
    Bbm 5 is useless with messages. Downgrade back to the old one.

Worst post of the day

08-03-09 04:20 PM
    it seems to be ok now
    08-03-09 04:22 PM
    I'm having problems sending and getting messages. Just figured it was a problem with RIM and not really bbm 5.
    08-03-09 04:24 PM
    Worst post of the day

I agree! Didn't make too much sense, did it?
    08-03-09 04:30 PM
    I've noticed that my messages are going through a bit faster than earlier today. Received a picture from another bbm 5 user and it was a little slower than usual but not too bad. I feel the lag issue should clear up pretty soon.
    08-03-09 04:32 PM
    Worst post of the day

as a consultant to RIM UK, i don't think so matey
    08-03-09 04:32 PM
    First of all, BBM5 has been awesome since the outage last week. I have hardly noticed any problems at all.

Second, don't be so quick to assume that your downgrade to BBM 4.6 today did anything at all except make you feel better. The issue is spotty at best, and has gone from perfect to strange a few times today.

I sent a few messages to someone and got the check mark but no D/R. Suddenly it started working fine again (though the D/R on those messages still hasn't shown up) and he confirmed that he received the messages that my BBM did not report delivered/read. At least he got the messages...not getting a delivery/read report is annoying but if you're using a beta and can't handle a few quirks, go back to AT&T .167/BBM 4.6 and stop complaining.

Until I see 20+ heavy BBM 4.6 users saying they have not noticed a single thing with their BBM service today, I'm not gonna assume it's a BBM5 problem...and even if it is, oh well.
    08-03-09 04:38 PM
    i had major lag issues this morning....its been better in the last hour or two

i'm on bbm5...have been since the day it leaked.
    08-03-09 04:53 PM
    It's not a BBM5 problem. It's an RIM leaking BBM5 problem. They leaked it on
    purpose for free beta-testing. BBM5 uses more bandwith and since so many
    people are using it it's slowing BBM down all together. It's an issue that I'm
    sure they'll fix soon.
    08-03-09 04:56 PM
    i really need some help with this.

I just downloaded the new bbm 5.0 for my bold. Now, im sick of it. its causing me nothing BUT problems. I cant get all my messages right away, i dont get them unless i start typing to that person, then it triggers it.

Now. i know there is a way to downgrade, BUT this is the problem,

i have no backed up my BB at all. Not ever since ive had it, so if i put the software on my computer, DM, bla bhal..

will i be able to get BBm 4.7, or whatever version was before this ******** one?

ahh .. its really getting to me.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    10-09-09 12:28 PM
    Having the same problem.
    What ZIP in LA? i havent had issues in 91401.... and 91604
    10-09-09 12:34 PM
    mine has overall been pretty good, what i wanna know is why does it take a day and a half to receive media through it. people send me pics and they take forever to come through, on 4.7 it was instant
    10-09-09 01:01 PM
    im also VERY irriated by the fact the blackberry website has ZERO phone numbers to contact these people at.

grrrr...
    10-09-09 02:53 PM
    hey. ok just found out how to do it.. its actually very easy to downgrade! will be doing it tonight. screw this new BBM 5.0!
    10-09-09 03:01 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD