I upgraded to BBM 5.0 on sunday. My wife and I are on a family plan, she upgraded to BBM 5.0 this morning, we both use 8330 with Sprint. The BBM app combined my BBM contact list with hers. Has anyone have this happen to them?
    09-22-09 09:03 PM
    WOW!!! thats really unsettling.... to answer your question i havent heard about this happening to anyone..
    09-22-09 09:13 PM
    Do you share the same Desktop Manager? That's one way it can happen.

Do you share any email addresses on both BB's? That's another way it can happen (via the BBM 5 validation emails).

And have you ever swapped media cards (SD cards) with your wife? BBM 5.0 backups are stored on SD storage media.
    09-23-09 09:04 AM

Do you share any email addresses on both BB's? That's another way it can happen (via the BBM 5 validation emails).

And have you ever swapped media cards (SD cards) with your wife? BBM 5.0 backups are stored on SD storage media.
    Yes I have to agree here those are the only ways for that to happen.
    09-23-09 09:07 AM
    Same thing happened here. I have a 8900 Curve w/ lyricidal Beta1v3, she has a 9630 Tour w/ .53. Both using BBM 5.0.0.8 OTA. Deinstalled, reinstalled BBM, all appeared OK until this morning when a friend tried to contact me via BBM5-to-BBM5: He ended up messaging her. Removed, re-invited contacts, all appears OK again. We'll see...
    09-23-09 11:40 AM

We do have an email account that is common on both BBs. I'm gonna delete it from my phone and install 5.0 on both again.

I'll keep you posted

Thanks
    09-24-09 09:25 PM
    nope. just tried installing again. her contacts showed up again. i'm just gonna wait for the official joint
    09-24-09 09:38 PM
    nope. just tried installing again. her contacts showed up again. i'm just gonna wait for the official joint
    well, the "official joint" and "unofficial joint" have nothing to do with it. its the fact that BBM5 now associates both your lists to that one email. you should just delete her contacts off your phone and she should do the same thing. then set your primary recovery email as your own, not a joint one.
    09-25-09 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD