So, this is seriously stupid, but I noticed it only happens in the 8900, and it's driving me nuts.

Why when you move all the way up it highlights the whole nickname area except for this couple-of-pixels wide line?

I hate it.

(BBM 5.0 is great don't misunderstand me )

P.S.: It seems I can't see the display picture of anybody with leaked BBM5, is this normal?

10-08-09 12:07 AM
    Wrong forum dood:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/

Besides ... of course it has bugs, it is a BETA SOFTWARE.
    10-08-09 12:08 AM
    1. I posted here because it only happens on the 8900.
    2. It is not beta software, it's official, isn't it?
    10-08-09 12:12 AM
    1. I posted here because it only happens on the 8900.
    2. It is not beta software, it's official, isn't it?
    1 - The software is NOT specific to the 8900.
    2 - Yes, it IS Beta Software.
    10-08-09 12:23 AM
    1. But the bug is.
    2. Then it's kinda dumb to call it official. :3
    10-08-09 12:30 AM
    Actually the front page of this site calls it official now. Hopefully it's true, but I have no idea in reality.
    10-08-09 12:35 AM
    So as of a couple of hours ago, apparently. I'm sure it still has bugs however. It is still not an 8900 specific app in any case and thus does not need to be discussed in this forum.
    10-08-09 12:38 AM
    It does NOT says Beta software anywhere, RIM realeased it as an OFFICIAL App.... helping people could be perhaps the purpose of these forums instead of buggering everyone about where they should be posting or where they shouldn't.... just my view, sorry for that...
    10-08-09 12:44 AM
    My bad.

Please re-direct me to the 'Problems with bbm 5.0 on 8900 devices' forum please.

And you clearly did not know it was official, so yeah . Anyone else having this problem?
    10-08-09 12:44 AM
    My bad.

Please re-direct me to the 'Problems with bbm 5.0 on 8900 devices' forum please.

And you clearly did not know it was official, so yeah . Anyone else having this problem?
    I already provided you the link to the correct forum in the second post.
    10-08-09 12:46 AM
    It does NOT says Beta software anywhere, RIM realeased it as an OFFICIAL App.... helping people could be perhaps the purpose of these forums instead of buggering everyone about where they should be posting or where they shouldn't.... just my view, sorry for that...
    Providing a link to the forum where this topic will be discussed by more people so the OP will get the best chance at help on his question is helping. Move along now.
    10-08-09 12:49 AM
    mine does the same, never thought of it as a glitch, just looks like a seperation of the two areas. I haven't seen it on any other device to comment on them. I have friends with a Storm, Tour and Curve I'll have to have a look.
    10-08-09 12:54 AM
    yea aristile, you cant complain to people anymore about it being beta. its official and now its 5.0.0.33!!
    10-08-09 01:05 AM
    this is def. NOT beta software.

RIM does not release beta software via appworld.

not sure where you got that idea.
    10-08-09 01:09 AM
    yea aristile, you cant complain to people anymore about it being beta. its official and now its 5.0.0.33!!
    Regardless of that, it is still not an 8900 topic but a Native Apps topic.
    10-08-09 01:10 AM
    I don't suppose I'd call it a bug. Keep in mind that all BlackBerry apps are created from the same skeleton of the program. This may have been caused by the difference in screen sizes, having the app ported from one device to another can cause these slight "visual glitches."
    10-08-09 01:10 AM
    this is def. NOT beta software.

RIM does not release beta software via appworld.

not sure where you got that idea.
    It has been a leaked Beta for months now and has only been release on the App world in the past few hours. Clearly, it still has problems.
    10-08-09 01:11 AM
    It has been a leaked Beta for months now and has only been release on the App world in the past few hours. Clearly, it still has problems.
    We waited MONTHS using the beta, it has been released only a few hours ago, yes, but has months in the making, I don't see why it should still have problems.
    10-08-09 01:16 AM
    We waited MONTHS using the beta, it has been released only a few hours ago, yes, but has months in the making, I don't see why it should still have problems.
    LMAO!!!! You clearly do not know anything about the software development process. Thanks for playing though.
    10-08-09 01:24 AM
    Hi...
    I'm just upgrading to BBM v5.0.0.33
    now I can't use shortcut "N" on my homescreen to launch my BBM....
    does anyone experience the same bug?

and any way to fixed it?
    already tried several batt. pull and uninstall and reinstall the BBM 5.0

still the same result.....

HELP!

am using 8900 OS4.6.1.199....
    10-08-09 01:49 AM
    c'mon guys, just listen to aristile. he's helped thousands of members including myself.
    10-09-09 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD