Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find my specific issue amongst the forums.

I downloaded BBM 5.0 and love it, but I only have one problem with it. For some reason it always closes out my chats at random. I thought it was a memory issue, so I made sure all my apps were closed and deleted a bunch of texts, and it still does it.
    Has anyone else had this problem? And any suggestions out there to rectify it?

Also, is there a web page that gives a spec run down on all BBM 5.0 can do and what its about? I know I'm not even touching on its full capabilities and would like to know all its bells and whistles.
    07-29-09 02:47 PM
    Mine doesn't do that. That's odd.
    07-29-09 02:57 PM
    I had the same issue, then I told my phone to store the history of conversations, resolved the issue
    07-29-09 03:56 PM
    Mine doesn't do that.. 1 thing I don't like, I can't view any incoming picture, i have to download it...
    07-29-09 03:57 PM
    If I remember correctly the new BBM has an option to close chats after a certain period of inactivity. Try looking around in the options for this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 04:05 PM
    I've never had my chats deleted without me first requesting to do so. Are you sure that these chats aren't being deleted because your App Memory is low?

As for literature about BBM 5.0, I'm not sure there's much out there becuase this isn't an "official" release.
    07-29-09 04:11 PM
    BTW... I lied, there is no such option.

07-29-09 04:15 PM
    BTW... I lied, there is no such option.
    LMAO, funny!
    07-29-09 04:24 PM
    Every night when Quick-pull does its battery pull the next morning contact I have showing on screen, picture disappears and I have to go back to that contact and take off home screen and put back.
    Is anyone else have this problem?

07-29-09 05:22 PM
    LMAO, funny!
    i loled.. but yea ive heard ppl complain about this. hasnt happend to me though...
    07-29-09 06:00 PM
    when will the official version come out?
    07-29-09 06:01 PM
    Also ever since I downloaded it, I can't receive picture texts in MMS. It comes up as a little box with a red x in it... it also does this when ppl send me pics through bbm. I have to email the image to myself in order to see it... its so weird.

So no one knows a solution for the mysterious chat closings? As far as memory goes, I deleted a few apps that i dont use at all as well as make sure each app is completely shut down when i exit it so it doesnt keep using the memory space and it still does it.....
    07-29-09 07:15 PM
    i have had it since we got the download and havent had any issues .
    07-29-09 08:17 PM
    Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find my specific issue amongst the forums.

I downloaded BBM 5.0 and love it, but I only have one problem with it. For some reason it always closes out my chats at random. I thought it was a memory issue, so I made sure all my apps were closed and deleted a bunch of texts, and it still does it.
    Has anyone else had this problem? And any suggestions out there to rectify it?

Also, is there a web page that gives a spec run down on all BBM 5.0 can do and what its about? I know I'm not even touching on its full capabilities and would like to know all its bells and whistles.
    You are not the only one! I have the same problems! and some freezes too
    07-29-09 09:53 PM
    Mine doesn't do that.. 1 thing I don't like, I can't view any incoming picture, i have to download it...
    The weird thing, the first day when I downloaded it, I could view/save now I can't view it but only save.
    10-15-09 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD