Greetings peeps,

Ok so I've spent the past little while doing some changes to my woman's 8230 Flip and man oh man, is it ever a pain in the *** to get the new BBM working on it. I've done it all now. Running the latest OS on her Flip .284 with no worries.

Then there is no way for me to download the damn BBM to her FLIP cause all she has is the data plan which is email, sms, bbm, etc but no internet browser.
    So as I hunt around crackberry I find that someone a while back posted the COD files with the proper 5.033. So I proceed to unzip them, open up DM and it finds it no problem. I then install with no problem, bu then after it's complete, it's no where to be found on the screen. I check applications in advanced settings and it shows there with all files but as I said, it's no where to use or ICON anywhere. So I blow it away and load the old one back on with no problems.

That is the short story, now the burning question, has anyone got it to work on the FLIP??? It's on my Pearl 8130 with no issue. so WTF!??

Thanks guys/gals
    10-15-09 11:03 PM
    Works great on my flip albeit I installed it through BB App world. So yes it does work on the flip.
    10-16-09 05:34 AM
    Yeah I figured that it would work via app world with internet subscription, however as I said, I grabbed the COD files and unzipped them, loaded it into DM, it saw it for an update and installed it with ease. When I rebooted the FLIP, I had no BBM at all. I had to reinstall the older version which is fine. Soooooo back to the question,

Anyone know how to load BBM 5.033 on the FLIP 8230 without having the internet browser on the phone? Or someone have a working copy of BBM 5.0 so I can try reloading the damn thing?

Cheers!
    10-16-09 11:32 PM
    When I installed mine from the internet it put the icon in the IM folder. I then had to move it to the home page.. Don't know if this is whats happening to you also. Just a thought as I spent some time finding where the icon was..
    10-17-09 12:51 AM
    No that isn't the case for me, after I successfully installed BBM 5, I looked in that default folder, **** I looked everywhere for it. As I said before, I checked in advanced settings/applications in the FLIP and it showed as being there however, no icon anywhere. I sent a BBM from my other BB as well to see what that did and nothing. It showed as delivered on my main BB but on the FLIP it's just not there.

Still lost. It would be stupid if I had to go and pay the extra $10 a month to have internet access on the FLIP just to load BBM 5!??

Suggestions would be great. Cheers!
    10-17-09 02:38 PM
    So in short......nothing I can do here?
    10-19-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD