10-23-09 03:38 AM
46 12
tools
    8900 (AT&T): Deinstalled 4.7 via Loader before installing BBM5 the first time around (clean install). No go. Deinstalled BBM5 and reinstalled 4.7 before upgrading to BBM5 the second time around. No go. Repeated procedures one and two. Backed up databases, wiped device, installed BBM5, restored databases, BBM5 appears to be functioning as it should. Performed service book browser fix, BBM5 continues to function as expected. 9630 (Verizon): Upgraded from 5.0.0.8 to 5.0.0.33 without a hitch.
    10-08-09 02:01 AM
    Wiping may be the only option.

Are you running a leaked OS? *sometimes* that's the problem. When a legit blackberry program is installed on a leaked OS, it conflicts *sometimes*

Other times, something may have gone wrong in the installation process and now you cannot reverse it. Reason being, blackberries will save application data even when you delete. So when you re-install you're running into the same problem.

Otherwise, try a custom backup (I do believe you can do that) do the wipe and leave all 3rd party applications. Then restore what you need.

Right... ? LOL. Someone correct me if I'm wrong it's 3AM and my brain is struggling.
    10-08-09 02:05 AM
    Wiping does not appear to be the solution. A solution perhaps, but not the solution. 8900 BBM5 just acted up and I am unable to access the menu again. Rebooted, still unable to access the menu. Falling back to 4.7 for now...
    10-08-09 02:11 AM
    Wiping does not appear to be the solution. A solution perhaps, but not the solution. 8900 BBM5 just acted up and I am unable to access the menu again. Rebooted, still unable to access the menu. Falling back to 4.7 for now...

Wow, then that totally sucks. Sorry. Yours was just working right?

I'd hate to think RIM has released a 'hit or miss' application. o_O
    10-08-09 02:14 AM
    ok guys heres what i did, since i lost my contacts and had a back up from 5 days ago and had some important stuff i did not want to loose..

i lost all my bbm contacts while trying to get 5 to work which it didnt. after messing around for over 4 hours

Options, Advance Options - Applications - Delete BBM .

I let it restart, but then I did a battery pull after that..

then
    Here's an ota link

http://yourcbcfamily.org/bb/curvebbm/

bam, was back to BBM 4.7 ....

Now I dont know if I should try to up grade again or not...
    10-08-09 02:22 AM
    The type of gal I am, I'd try to re-install.

=)

I'm a little crazy though, just saying.
    10-08-09 02:41 AM
    Do not open the new bbm with quicklaunch...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 02:44 AM
    After I did that, I figured I would take 1 more try at this BBM5,

So I did the OTA 5 link on my BB
    www.blackberry.com/send/messenger

restart after it restarted I just let my BB sit for a couple a minutes,

then click BBM Icon and BAM IT WORKS!
    10-08-09 02:47 AM
    I wiped my ? & it now bbm works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 03:25 AM
    now mine is buggin out.. going to go back to 4.7

i have been lucky enough never to have to do a complete wipe.
    if i do a back up, then wipe, do i have to install all 3rd party apps again?

i
    10-08-09 08:55 AM
    Had the same problem on the tour...downloaded again and that fixed it...pain in the **** to do it though..
    10-08-09 09:11 AM
    my restore wont work, has problems backing up bbm

any ideas
    10-08-09 09:12 AM
    I didn't security wipe or any of that. Chicken. I tried to reinstall about a half dozen times, unsuccessfully. I finally did delete 5 off my BBM and then did this: http://yourcbcfamily.org/bb/curvebbm/

Everything is back to normal and happy now.
    10-08-09 10:10 AM
    Many abortive attempts to get this installed with the won't accept error.

Finally got it fixed. Deleted service book and resent it. Battery Pull. Installed. Battery Pull. And ... the big thing for me was to use the actual screen icon for BBM, not QuickLaunch. A single QuickLaunch start of BBM 5 would cause it to stop responding to commands.
    10-08-09 07:12 PM
    Just downloaded the new BBM from App World, rebooted and clicked on BBM scrolled down to "I Accept" nothing, went to "I Do Not Accept" nothing.

I clicked each one like 5 times and nothing happens..

Did you launch BBM with quickLaunch, the app switcher, or the bbm icon?

If you launched it with quicklaunch then do a batt pull and start bbm using either its icon or the app switcher.
    10-08-09 08:16 PM
    I had the archive icon and clicked restore waited 5 minutes then went back to the home page and the messenger was there and works now was able to accept and load my contacts. luckily they were in my contacts...... hope everyone else resolves there issues.
    10-08-09 08:29 PM
    3 battery pulls...hmm bbm 5 not good friggin look!! get it together
    10-08-09 09:04 PM
    Problem was QuickLaunch. Accessing BBM5 via traditional means (app switcher, app list) is the way to go. All that expended time and energy!
    10-08-09 09:16 PM
    Yep. I believe it is quicklaunch as well. I had the same problem on 8900. Just did a battery pull and opened from Application folder and it worked!
    10-14-09 09:28 AM
    nope tried clicking on it and nothing..
    10-22-09 10:52 PM
    now mine is buggin out.. going to go back to 4.7

i have been lucky enough never to have to do a complete wipe.
    if i do a back up, then wipe, do i have to install all 3rd party apps again?

i
    you've never ever done a wipe? i'd assume thats why you have so many issues, wiping the phone is good now and again, just like it is for a computer, i don't consider you lucky for not having to have wiped, i would be willing to bet your phone is running near half its ability after installing uninstalling reinstalling uninstalling things like that....not wiping that phone would make me lose sleep.
    10-23-09 03:38 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD