10-09-09 07:24 PM
73 123
tools
    Con: My battery life has gone down BIG TIME.

anyone else feeling that?
    10-08-09 03:49 PM
    I really like it so far....

The only thing I can't figure out is getting contacts from other networks.
    I'm on Verizon and have familt on AT&T and they never get my requests to add as a BBM contact. Is anyone have that issue at all?
    10-08-09 03:50 PM
    Has anyone had issues going from the leaked version to the official version?
    9630 on irhetun's 7.0, went from 5.0.0.8 to 5.0.0.33 w/o any issues whatsoever.
    10-08-09 03:52 PM
    Also, I saw someone post "photo comments" as a PRO. Haven't figured out how to do that on the official released version.
    10-08-09 03:54 PM
    Con: My battery life has gone down BIG TIME.

anyone else feeling that?

DEFINITELY feeling the battery life change. Nothing else new installed but my battery drained in about 4 hours today from a full overnight charge to the low battery warning.
    10-08-09 04:02 PM
    That's good. I've got my 5.0 working now. Took a little bit of work....
    10-08-09 04:04 PM
    compared to the leak I dislike that on the official when you get a new message its kinda hard to tell who sent it to you. The arrow gets yellow and the lil BBM icon gets blue but on the leak the whole "box" would get yellow. Its kinda hard to see who the msg is from at first glance.

+1 for the status indicators not being as easily visible

and +10000000000000000000 for the annoying "downloading" pictures feature.
    10-08-09 04:26 PM
    I had the leaked version before upgrading my OS to 5.0... after that the only app I was really missing a lot was BBM5, but OS5.0 was so worthy that I couldn't go back... since yesterday I must say I'm complete... BBM did fill all my expectations since they went a nodge upwards from that leaked 5.0.0.8 version...
    That "creting groups" feature is pretty good... beyond the typical chat group you can post pics and comment them between the group (Facebook style) and you can also set calendar events only for the group... Not bad at all!

Still don't get why some people dont like it at all... perhaps resistance to change??

Cheers
    10-08-09 04:42 PM
    After installing the New official BBM on my .230 os tour I have noticed my memory is slowly goin down. Anyone else experiencing this also?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 04:56 PM
    The official version also did away with the option to request a contact's location. You can now only send your location to a contact.
    What's the deal with this? I had the leaked BBM 5.0.8. and it had proximity alerts, location sharing, etc. Which worked great and were awesome! I want it back, I want the leaked version back?!? Anywhere to get it now??

Edit: The official does have "send location" but that doesnt even work?!?!
    Last edited by kbrosnihan; 10-08-09 at 10:49 PM.
    10-08-09 10:44 PM
    I'm still waiting to hear from the folks that had the leaked version and tried the official. So far I've only seen one, and they already don't like the official cause of the font... What else is different?

The leaked version (BBM 5.0.8) had location sharing. You could request location, send location and get proximity alerts (lets you know when a contact is within a specified range) It worked great!! And now its gone in the official 5.0
    If I knew it was going to be gone, I NEVER would have loaded it!
    10-08-09 10:48 PM
    No more location sharing, proximity alerts, request location... Not happy about losing that functionality...
    10-08-09 10:51 PM
    Bar Code Scanning is too cool
    10-08-09 10:54 PM
    Like it except the smileys. Horrid! Lol! Not sure if this happen to anyone else but when i was at the gym, put status to busy. when i was on cross trainer, always listen to my songs, status changed to those songs tho i didnt set it [untick it] Btw, anyone got the 'i'm on phone' option? cheers
    10-09-09 03:25 AM
    [QUOTE=coachcurtisbusse;3770035]What do you think so far about bbm 5.0 ?

What's New?
    New features
    New looks
    New status update

Overall.. It is the best bbm ever!!

10-09-09 03:31 AM
    i like the look of the old one better, but i do like the new one.

why is there no option to sent a pic while you are in a chat?! i DO NOT like that!
    I just click the paper clip at the bottom while in a chat and select picture when the dialog pops up. Or I a forgetting about a feature the old BBM had?
    10-09-09 06:30 AM
    No more location sharing, proximity alerts, request location... Not happy about losing that functionality...
    Ah yes, the stalker function has been removed. What ever will people do now?
    10-09-09 07:00 AM
    i might like it if i can use it . it iss in my app list but nowhere to be found on the home screen . and yes i done battery pulls checked download folder and everything
    10-09-09 07:45 AM
    i might like it if i can use it . it iss in my app list but nowhere to be found on the home screen . and yes i done battery pulls checked download folder and everything
    delete bbm off of your apps list and try reload it.
    m.blackberry.com
    10-09-09 07:47 AM
    DEFINITELY feeling the battery life change. Nothing else new installed but my battery drained in about 4 hours today from a full overnight charge to the low battery warning.
    Same with me.. I think its the multiple Groups though.. I dropped out of a few active groups and the battery didn't seem to drain as quickly. I guess the constant polling for updates is going to hurt it.
    10-09-09 08:09 AM
    I added my contacts to BBM so that I can send them text messages from it. When I receive a text, it shows up in BBM but has the same notification icon AND notification sound as my BBM messages. When I receive texts through the SMS/MMS folder, I receive the appropriate notification icon/sound.

Is there any way to receive texts through BBM but for it to have its own icon and sound notification so that I can distinguish between them?
    10-09-09 08:12 AM
    Ah yes, the stalker function has been removed. What ever will people do now?
    It was a neat function -- How is it stalkerish? I can track employees in the field, my children, etc. When a location request is sent, the other person has to accept, so you can't just peer into where people are without them knowing.

Great function, bummed its gone...
    10-09-09 07:11 PM
    I don't like it one bit. I'm very dissappointed. Ill be changing back. It was simple and faster.

10-09-09 07:24 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD