10-09-09 08:24 PM
73 123
tools
    Wow, I guess I lucked out. I am not having any issues with the new BBM5 at all. In fact it is running much much better for me than the leaked version ever did.
    10-08-09 11:28 AM
    agreed...only con i can see is that you have to save the picture to your phone to view it. No longer a "view" option. You have to accept or decline the picture. Accepting saves it to your phone, and declining it makes it go away...
    10-08-09 11:52 AM
    I have the option to view or save an image sent in the new bbm. Wonder why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 11:54 AM
    I dont like that you have to download the photo when someone sends one to you. I liked the other one where it would just "view" in the chat.
    I don't like this either... However, it is a minor setback to what I find is a greatly improved BBM!
    Here's a question, has anyone noticed that this seems to use up some more memory than the other BBM did. Not particulary in app size, just in the normal running of the app?
    10-08-09 12:00 PM
    I don't like this either... However, it is a minor setback to what I find is a greatly improved BBM!
    Here's a question, has anyone noticed that this seems to use up some more memory than the other BBM did. Not particulary in app size, just in the normal running of the app?
    the old app was I think 800k...this one in DM says 3.2mb...BIG DIFFERENCE
    10-08-09 12:04 PM
    Pros:

* groups
    * barcodes
    * file sharing
    * photo comments
    * Contact backup (online & local)
    * ...many more

Cons:

* not found (beside bit larger weight 2.8MB)
    I agree with the pros.

I will list a few cons:
    * I liked the color scheme of the leaked version better
    * I liked the chat bubbles better (the new version just made them actual bubbles, not like cartoon speech bubbles)
    * I actually don't like that SMS conversations appear in it and wish I could figure out a way to stop that. I like to keep them separate.
    * I wish the available/busy/no data connection status was still there

Overall I like it better than the old version of BBM but I liked the feel of the leak better.
    10-08-09 12:05 PM
    I dont like that you have to download the photo when someone sends one to you. I liked the other one where it would just "view" in the chat.
    Yeh, that part is driving me nuts. I am also experience lag time for the download or it won't download at all.

Other than that. Love it.
    10-08-09 12:23 PM
    I love the new BBM! I wrote up a full review of it over on Examiner if you guys wanna take a look.
    10-08-09 12:27 PM
    * I actually don't like that SMS conversations appear in it and wish I could figure out a way to stop that. I like to keep them separate.
    Unless I'm missing it, I don't think mine are doing this, but I think I would like it if they did. So when you open your BBM, your texts are in there also? I'd like to check that out if you don't mind explaining a little...

I am running .230 and BBM 5 on a Tour.

Thanks!
    10-08-09 12:59 PM
    Yeh, that part is driving me nuts. I am also experience lag time for the download or it won't download at all.

Other than that. Love it.
    yeah, ive received several phots and not one of them even attempts to download...it just says 0K of 100K or whatever the filesize may be...
    10-08-09 01:03 PM
    Ok, I figured out how to have my texts in BBM5... and I really would like it because it seems not to lag when I type...( in the threaded sms, if I have someone I have a lot of texts with, it lags really bad when I type) BUT... if I set the contact to see their SMS in BBM, I cant have unique text tones which I really enjoy having. Anyone know a way around this?

Thanks!
    10-08-09 01:11 PM
    I agree with the pros.

* I liked the chat bubbles better (the new version just made them actual bubbles, not like cartoon speech bubbles)
    * I wish the available/busy/no data connection status was still there
    A few of the cons I agree with and the one I see people ask about yet no one has an answer for is or even addressed it, the Contact busy/available/ no data connection status this was one of the most helpful to me as I knew if someone was on the phone at a quick glance or just not seeing the messages, granted we can look at the D/R status but now I can't set an alert for a contact unless they put there status to unavailable which I don't like either. Hope they add this back in on an update later.
    10-08-09 01:32 PM
    5.0.0.33 has messed up my BBM royaly, I've got no contacts, the only thing that works with it is the BB button but I can't select a thing. Not a new contact, not "my profile", not "scan a group barcode"... nothing, i'd love to downgrade but i don't have any contacts soo what's the point
    10-08-09 01:42 PM
    Send location doesn't seem to be working for me. I went in to bb maps and it was able to find my location but when I try to send my location to a friend it will say its finding my location and then Unable to retrieve current location.
    10-08-09 01:48 PM
    I digg it. The file size availablility increased which like most. Anyone wanna trade some music? Send a request!
    10-08-09 01:49 PM
    i have a data plan only for emails and instant messaging..hence i cannot download the new bbm through my device..is there any other way to download it through my computer perhaps? please let me know..thanks
    10-08-09 01:54 PM
    i have a data plan only for emails and instant messaging..hence i cannot download the new bbm through my device..is there any other way to download it through my computer perhaps? please let me know..thanks
    why not download it through WiFi?
    10-08-09 01:59 PM
    My wife and I miss the proximity alert, and location request. It worked great for dinner time, and meeting for medical appts...we will likely go back to the beta, just for those two features...
    10-08-09 02:26 PM
    i can still see when other people are on their phone, but im not sure if they can see if im on the phone.
    10-08-09 02:35 PM
    lack of space is all i can say. the interface does not let you view contacts like in the old BBM. only problem other than that I'm digging this new BBM
    10-08-09 04:08 PM
    Voice chat won't record! I use this often going down road...What do I do?
    10-08-09 04:18 PM
    On 4.7 I could BBM my cousin in Ireland where he lives from the States where I live... on 5.0 his pin and contact did not even migrate over... and adding him is an epic fail...

I loved the International spread can anybody tell me why this no longer works?

Thank you
    10-08-09 04:31 PM
    By the looks of it, seems a though people were a lot happier with the leaked version of BBM 5.0. As for me I also had the leaked version and loved it, when the official version came out I tried updating it. As a result of trying to do that I now am struggling to get any sort of BBM on my BB. I don't know exactly what went wrong. Has anyone had issues going from the leaked version to the official version?

Edit: Just got the official version working. Still prefer the leaked at the moment
    Last edited by dan.g46; 10-08-09 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Update
    10-08-09 04:35 PM
    somewhere towards the end of the install, you are asked, do you want to replace your old BBM version with BBM 5.0 Did you get this message? if not, then you didn't do something correctly.
    sorry my bad i got the new 5.0 but i was speaking about the new 5.whatever
    it is that gives you smooth rolling and sperates the textes
    my version is 4.7.0.148 plateform 4.0.0.181
    10-08-09 04:37 PM
    Dl 5.0 bbm last night and its working great. The contact pics are nice and clear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 04:46 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD