I just had to wipe my whole phone. I reinstalled BBM and tried to reinstall my contact list, and I tried to do it by e-mail, but then I get a message saying I need to configure an e-mail address with my device. Yet I just got an email on my gmail account that went to my phone O.o so isn't there an e-mail address configured to my device?
    12-04-09 08:10 PM
    Did you back up your BBM contacts by email address before you wiped the phone?

If you did then it should work. It takes a bit of time and it doesn't seem like the phone is doing anything but the contacts do backup. That's if you configured an email address to back up your contacts prior to wiping.
    12-04-09 09:20 PM
    if you specified your gmail address as your BBM backup one you will have to first go into your separate gmail inbox on your BB - this is because the enhanced gmail plug in is now installed by default and a new OS load means you have to go into the gmail inbox to accept terms and conditions...once you have done that, exit out and then go back into BBM...then restore from your email address...it should now work.....
    12-05-09 12:57 AM
    I just had to wipe my whole phone. I reinstalled BBM and tried to reinstall my contact list, and I tried to do it by e-mail, but then I get a message saying I need to configure an e-mail address with my device. Yet I just got an email on my gmail account that went to my phone O.o so isn't there an e-mail address configured to my device?
    There are 3 ways to back up your contact list 1 is email 2nd is thru your sd card 3rd is thru blackberry messenger must back up before doing any handheld wipe.
    12-05-09 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD