With the old BBM, when someone had an extremely long status message, all I had to do was scroll over their name and a preview of it was shown. With the new one, I can only see half status messages and when I scroll over, I get nothing, which is a bit annoying (in my case).

Is there any other way of seeing the status message that I'm missing?
    10-24-09 04:51 PM
    Highlight the contact, then press menu then contact info and it will be shown there
    10-24-09 04:54 PM
    Did that, still showing me half status message.
    10-24-09 04:54 PM
    Hmm. Thats odd, I have never seen anyone whos status could exceed what I was able to read. Check with them what version of BBM they are on...
    10-24-09 04:57 PM
    I have Sprint and the person who I was trying to check his status has Tmobile, but using the Bold, unlocked.

He's using BBM5.

I tried it out again and what I've noticed is, everyone else that I have been able to see their long status has Sprint. He's currently the only one with a long status on a different network.

Does that make any sense? That I should only see anyone with Sprint but not his?

Edit: I asked what his status is, so I already know, but I can't help being curious about this for future incidents and my other friends.
    10-25-09 01:28 AM
    really thats weird it doesnt matter what carrier they have you should see what ever they have
    10-25-09 01:30 AM
    maybe the contact cut it off themselves?
    10-25-09 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD