did everyone else's sms sync with their bbm? i really dont like this feature because i get a bbm notification when i get a text message. is there anyway to turn this feature off? thanks
    10-08-09 03:01 AM
    I don't like this idea at all. I really hate the two mixed together. It's like text message and emails together, I get confuse which are work emails and which are personal text messages. Thank god, there is an option to separate them. I would complain to RIM if BBM and text were together when OS 5 officially releases.
    Last edited by thymaster; 10-08-09 at 04:30 AM.
    10-08-09 04:21 AM
    theres a way to separate bbm and sms? ive been trying to figure that out since i hate it. can you tell me how?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 04:28 AM
    its under options in your bbm messenger, just change it to no.
    10-08-09 05:26 AM
    my text messages are separate from my bbm messages ever since I download it...?...I also went to my options in bbm and didn't see any option for them being separate either...sorry i cant help
    10-08-09 05:32 AM
    Downloaded 5.0.033 last night. The application is missing the ability to invite using SMS? Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!
    10-08-09 08:23 AM
    Downloaded 5.0.033 last night. The application is missing the ability to invite using SMS? Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!
    If you read around a bit you would have found out that you need to be running OS 5 in order to have SMS abilities in BBM.
    10-08-09 08:53 AM
    I don't like this idea at all. I really hate the two mixed together. It's like text message and emails together, I get confuse which are work emails and which are personal text messages. Thank god, there is an option to separate them. I would complain to RIM if BBM and text were together when OS 5 officially releases.
    You can change the background colour of each type of message.

For messages that come on my BES server, I give it a red background (since I don't really use it to send emails). It's helpful cause it stands out
    10-08-09 09:21 AM
    You can change the background colour of each type of message.

For messages that come on my BES server, I give it a red background (since I don't really use it to send emails). It's helpful cause it stands out
    where is the option to change background color?
    10-08-09 10:08 AM
    Options > Security Options > Information.

Hm, looking at it now, it's "Enterprise messages" and "Other Messages" .. I run my own BES at home.

Let me know what you find.
    10-08-09 10:46 AM
    did anyone find out how to turn this option off yet?

10-08-09 11:01 AM
    BBM - OPTIONS - "Show chats in messages" --> Turn this OFF.

Separate your SMS inbox and EMAIL (go to options in messages). You then have no need for the "Messages" icon. You'll have one icon for SMS/MMS, one for Email, and one for BBM as usual.
    10-08-09 11:22 AM
    That option in BBM has nothing to do with keeping the SMS messages out of BBM. As far as I can tell you will only get SMS messages in BBM from BBM contacts (or ones you've added as SMS contacts in BBM), meaning if a BBM contact sends you a SMS, you will get it in BBM (as well as the SMS/MMS app). But if a person in your regular contact list who is NOT in your BBM contacts sends you a SMS, that should just go to the SMS/MMS app and not to BBM also.
    10-08-09 11:54 AM
    That option in BBM has nothing to do with keeping the SMS messages out of BBM. As far as I can tell you will only get SMS messages in BBM from BBM contacts (or ones you've added as SMS contacts in BBM), meaning if a BBM contact sends you a SMS, you will get it in BBM (as well as the SMS/MMS app). But if a person in your regular contact list who is NOT in your BBM contacts sends you a SMS, that should just go to the SMS/MMS app and not to BBM also.
    this is the only guy useful to me. fyi those options ARE off so im not that "dense" to not figure that out
    10-08-09 01:48 PM
    my sms contacts don't change in order when i receive a new message. and that red star on the category headline does not disappear either. nor is there any consistency in bold/unbold for new messages.

anyone have this same issue?
    10-08-09 03:08 PM
    I don't like that option either.
    The way to get rid of that is:
    With the contact highlighted in BBM ->menu->remove contacts link

That works for me, but it will get rid of the avatar pic if There's one associated unless that contact adds one themselve in bbm

10-08-09 03:10 PM
    i lost the sms icon completely. how do i fix that???
    10-08-09 04:08 PM
    @DarwinMejia - please check a different thread for that.

For this issue, I have noticed that this only occurs with contacts that are within BBM. My brother (non BB user) sent me a txt and it only appeared under SMS/MMS. I have not tested, but this leads me to believe that if you unlink a contact within BBM then the SMS messages will not show up inside BBM because the phone would have no contact to link the message to. If someone wants to test this and let us know.
    10-17-09 11:54 PM
    this is the only guy useful to me. fyi those options ARE off so im not that "dense" to not figure that out
    I agree with kevinkim728...My options were off also. Thank you noahfecks!!!
    11-12-09 04:03 PM
    i lost the sms icon completely. how do i fix that???
    in your message options...are your sms and email messages kept seperate. If not you might want to change them.
    11-12-09 04:05 PM
    I don't like that option either.
    The way to get rid of that is:
    With the contact highlighted in BBM ->menu->remove contacts link

That works for me, but it will get rid of the avatar pic if There's one associated unless that contact adds one themselve in bbm

thanks, Chase265 this is the solution. I have tried and tested and now sms is separate from bbm. don't know if it works for all but I'm on a 8530 with os5.0.0.395 and bbm 5.0.0.57 and it works for this. thanks again

EDIT: I also removed all contacts linked to bbm so when I highlight a name in bbm that is also on my contacts list it asks if I want to connect them to bbm...answer= no =)
    Last edited by qwiksilver; 01-11-10 at 01:13 PM.
    01-11-10 01:07 PM
    its under bbm options:

uncheck "Group Sequential Messages in Chat"

It worked for me (:
    02-18-10 11:26 PM
    after updating my bb 8520 os version from 4.6 to 5.0
    i found this tiny problem that **** me really off...

the sms message is showed in the bbm chat list but it had different icon. it shows phone picture to differ from bbm chat one.

first, i hate this... it troubles me. i have to move remove the link and lost the PIN information on the contact data base. what the **** happen here!?!?!?! the data is my concern. (some said to me to put the PIN data on OTHER on the contact detail, so what the point of putting PIN on the contact detail if the data you input on the OTHER)
    second, the sms display is the same display with bbm chat. what???? which one is sms and which one is bbm chat? IMHO, SMS is SMS dan BBM is BBM, what point makes it the same and have to have the same display view?

the solution to removing the link from bbm contact with phone contact, it just the best solution for now. what can i do, its proprietary software you can not edit it if you don't like it, and i hope next update from RIM will come out with better solution than this.
    03-24-10 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD