07-14-10 10:37 PM
96 1234
tools
    I have a new problem with it. If I click on the "messages" icon, compose, select "instant message", then I will start with 1 Blackberry messenger at the beginning of the day, but by the end of the day there will be about 5 of them listed. Battery pull fixes it back to just 1.
    07-20-09 05:24 PM
    I also get an error message when I select it through quicklaunch.
    07-20-09 05:25 PM
    Yeah i was getting bad delay on mine too so that's why I put the old bbm back on..
    07-20-09 05:32 PM
    i see at least one other person had the same idea i did with the avatar...
    07-20-09 05:46 PM
    I have a new problem with it. If I click on the "messages" icon, compose, select "instant message", then I will start with 1 Blackberry messenger at the beginning of the day, but by the end of the day there will be about 5 of them listed. Battery pull fixes it back to just 1.
    i tried to duplicate, and no dice. it must be a sporadic issue, or compatibility with a theme or something else, but mine was fine. i've tried about 7 different times, and it still only shows yahoo and BBM in the popup window.
    07-20-09 06:29 PM
    i did a wipe on my 9530 storm and it seems like it fixed the delay. when i opened BBM after the wipe it did some registering thing with the server and retrieved contacts that i didnt see before when i first installed 5.0. so far it works perfect
    07-20-09 07:09 PM
    i think that RIM was updating BBM servers or something, because the delayed messages stopped, and at the same time, we now have avatar support. 1 hour and 15 mins ago it stopped delaying and i got my first avatar update.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bb5...mation-272912/
    07-20-09 07:16 PM
    i think that RIM was updating BBM servers or something, because the delayed messages stopped, and at the same time, we now have avatar support. 1 hour and 15 mins ago it stopped delaying and i got my first avatar update.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bb5...mation-272912/
    oh, lets hope it was because they're gonna release the full version of this.
    07-20-09 07:20 PM
    well radio AND CX, among others have said that this is an early version, and all of the 'bugs' we've found will be "fixed" as well as other features added to it...
    07-20-09 07:23 PM
    yup, thats why im hoping they're just getting everything ready to handle the load. im sure they noticed who got the new leak, and how it taxed their system a bit.. maybe. who knows.
    07-20-09 07:24 PM
    honestly, i think it is coming soon anyway, since they're getting everything fixed.

they didn't fix it so all of us running the leak could use it, they don't want us to have leaked software, remember?

i wonder if RIM does DoS (denial of service) for unsupported software? or if they will in the future?
    07-20-09 07:25 PM
    Reactivating the bb worked for me... call *228 and press 1..Good luck!
    07-20-09 08:13 PM
    So is BBM5 still holding strong for you guys?
    07-20-09 09:08 PM
    Ive only had one bad problem with the delay.. but I reloaded BBM5 with the DM and seems to have fixed it.. I'm only getting the problem with one contact and of course it would be the girlfriend.. hahaa
    07-20-09 09:17 PM
    coming and going, but it's improved compared to previous days, not like there are many behind us WITH 5.0, but still...any improvement is notable.
    07-20-09 09:17 PM
    Has the sending/receiving been fixed? I heard from my friends using the BBM5 that their sending/receiving is good this past 20 hours or so...

Anybody know the difference between BBM 5.0.8 and BBM 5.0?
    07-20-09 11:28 PM
    i have been having problems with it since i installed it. i had over an hour delay with messages all day today. also another thing i noticed was BBM deleted all my conversations! can anyone explain that to me? i loved it and hated it. waiting for an updated release or an official release.
    07-20-09 11:46 PM
    HRT was a pretty quick fix...
    07-21-09 12:39 AM
    unfortunately it's only temporary, i've had to register more than once very day since i got it to send/recieve consistently and get deliver/read confirmations.
    07-21-09 03:56 AM
    Has the sending/receiving been fixed? I heard from my friends using the BBM5 that their sending/receiving is good this past 20 hours or so...

Anybody know the difference between BBM 5.0.8 and BBM 5.0?
    You're confusing Blackberry Messenger 5.0 with Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0.0.8.

forkup
    07-21-09 05:44 AM
    I had problems with BBM5, downgraded back to the older version but was experiencing the same problems. Based on that, I'm attributing the problems to RIM and decided to reinstall BBM5 and just wait out RIM fixing their server problems.
    07-21-09 07:45 AM
    Finding it hard to believe that it is not primarily the software. Loaded it up, had immediate, intermittent problems for two days; re-installed BBM 4.7 and things immediately cleared up.
    07-21-09 08:17 AM
    Finding it hard to believe that it is not primarily the software. Loaded it up, had immediate, intermittent problems for two days; re-installed BBM 4.7 and things immediately cleared up.
    I don't find it hard to believe at all, i had the same issue wit 4.7 for the last week or more, then with the 5.0 and its not just messenger emails and text as well. Even some friend who's phone are still in the same condition as when purchased are having the issue. I will say this though it seems to be a little worse with the bbm5
    07-21-09 08:32 AM
    I don't find it hard to believe at all, i had the same issue wit 4.7 for the last week or more, then with the 5.0 and its not just messenger emails and text as well. Even some friend who's phone are still in the same condition as when purchased are having the issue. I will say this though it seems to be a little worse with the bbm5
    the problem is how BBM 5.0 communicates with the RIM servers, i'm speculating they're not fully ready for the new BBM and that they're doing maintenance to get it up and running. notice that yesterday around 7pm EST everyone got avatar support and issues were resolved across the board? but then, it happenes now and again even still.

registering HRT doesn't seem to fix it, it's just provisioning your BIS or BES profile to ensure all of your services are enabled and that service books are available for your device if you choose to resend them.
    07-21-09 01:23 PM
    I am having the same issues as everyone else. When I first installed it I had no problems. Starting this morning i noticed the majority of my messages (as well as friends) messages were not sending/receiving. The messenger is really really impressive. I just hope it starts working properly ASAP. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would be opened to hearing them. Thanks.
    07-21-09 01:45 PM
96 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD