Under Messenger Registration Status it keeps saying "Registration fail", and when I click retry it says:

"BlackBerry Messenger failed to register with the BlackBerry Messenger service. Registration is necessary to use the features of this application. Please ensure you device time is correctly set, open the My Profile screen and check the BlackBerry Messenger registration status"

...im lost, wth do I do?!
    10-10-09 05:43 PM
    Also: I have the latest release OS and all upgrades.
    10-10-09 05:45 PM
    I can't remember if I was offered the upgrade when I was using messenger on the phone, or when I plugged it into blackberry desktop, but I also did the upgrade and have exactly the same issue.

Question: Is it simply a case of my provider hasn't caught up with the necessary (I assume) BIS updates to support BBM5 yet?

BR

Bob
    11-13-09 03:53 AM
    Im having the same problem. I have a new 8330 and it wont register
    03-08-10 08:52 PM
    Under Messenger Registration Status it keeps saying "Registration fail", and when I click retry it says:

"BlackBerry Messenger failed to register with the BlackBerry Messenger service. Registration is necessary to use the features of this application. Please ensure you device time is correctly set, open the My Profile screen and check the BlackBerry Messenger registration status"

Boardrider53- Have you sorted out the problem with yours as Im having the same thing. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
    03-15-10 07:38 AM
    hey guys, just managed to fix it:
    go to Options > Date/Time > set you country's time zone and "Yes" for Use Network Time.
    you might need to go to BBM > My Profile and set the time there as well.
    turn off the phone and take off the battery, the problem should be fixed and the device will get registered in the network.
    07-18-10 06:13 AM
    I just figured out the issue mine had. I set the time manually on my 9000 handset because I started the device up before connecting it to my network. There was a conflict with the Date/Time settings on my phone so all I had to do was go to the Options>Date/Time and where it said "Set Date/Time" I switched it from Manual to Automatic. Hope this helps.
    marn0na likes this.
    04-19-11 07:59 PM
    OMg!!! thankkk youuuu it worked
    and i have got the 9300 curve
    Last edited by marn0na; 06-17-11 at 08:21 AM.
    06-17-11 08:18 AM
    I just figured out the issue mine had. I set the time manually on my 9000 handset because I started the device up before connecting it to my network. There was a conflict with the Date/Time settings on my phone so all I had to do was go to the Options>Date/Time and where it said "Set Date/Time" I switched it from Manual to Automatic. Hope this helps.
    ppl u must try it works !!!
    06-17-11 08:19 AM

06-02-13 09:04 AM
    What can I do to register , coz I can't change my DP for the past 3month.
    06-02-13 09:07 AM
    HI it is simple, just ensure you have a Stable internet connectivity i.e WiFi on your Blackberry phone. Register using your Blackberry Phone then VIOLAA...!! it worked for me 10000%.....!! Try it
    03-08-15 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD