11-03-09 07:44 AM
27 12
tools
    So when I first updated to 5.0, I had all my contacts and then for some reason, they disappeared. Now I'm trying to recover them through my email and it says it's waiting for it to register. It's been like this since yesterday and I'm wondering how long it takes for it to register. I've tried reinstalling and it still doesn't work so my next step would be to wipe my phone and reinstall everything but I wanted to see if you guys had any ideas before I went ahead and did that.

edit: I also have an issue with Appworld not downloading apps but I'm going to try and reinstall that and see if that fixes it.
    11-01-09 08:04 PM
    So when I first updated to 5.0, I had all my contacts and then for some reason, they disappeared. Now I'm trying to recover them through my email and it says it's waiting for it to register. It's been like this since yesterday and I'm wondering how long it takes for it to register. I've tried reinstalling and it still doesn't work so my next step would be to wipe my phone and reinstall everything but I wanted to see if you guys had any ideas before I went ahead and did that.
    Did you ever tell the phone to back them up online or on the memory card? Otherwise you can restore them from an old backup if you have a recent copy.
    11-01-09 08:07 PM
    I had it set to backup on my old memory card but when I went back to get the backup off that card it wasn't there. I have a backup from yesterday of my 8330 with had all my contacts. Would that work to restore my contacts on my 9550?
    11-01-09 08:14 PM
    I had it set to backup on my old memory card but when I went back to get the backup off that card it wasn't there. I have a backup from yesterday of my 8330 with had all my contacts. Would that work to restore my contacts on my 9550?
    It should. That is why you are getting that registering issue.
    11-01-09 08:15 PM
    Hmm alright well I'll restore that backup and hopefully that fixes it. That means I'll loose all the data i've received today though right?
    11-01-09 08:16 PM

edit: I also have an issue with Appworld not downloading apps but I'm going to try and reinstall that and see if that fixes it.
    Thats funny cause Im having the same problem. It's been trying to register me since friday. I dunno what to do
    11-01-09 08:18 PM
    Grr I wonder if it's a service book issue. I might try calling verizon support and see if they can help me out
    11-01-09 08:19 PM
    Grr I wonder if it's a service book issue. I might try calling verizon support and see if they can help me out
    Let me know what they say. im able to backup my contacts locally into my media card but not remotely.
    11-01-09 08:22 PM
    Having the same issue here too guys. I had everything yesterday working perfectly and now it crapped out on me. I have tried restoring by email (which will not go through at all) and from media card back ups. I have even created the file again on my 9530 and transfered it to my 9550 and still no good. The contacts are there but not one is responding.

IS BBM HAVING ISSUES FOR EVERYONE RIGHT NOW??
    11-01-09 08:22 PM
    Well the problem is I would recreate the backup file on the 8330 but the DTW deleted all the data on the phone including my contacts so I'm hoping the file is still on the memory card.
    11-01-09 08:23 PM
    I also do not have any of the avatar pictures that were with my contacts via bbm. I think there is an issue with bbm servers right now
    11-01-09 08:33 PM
    Yeah maybe there's an issue with the servers but for the last few day? Seems a bit redic to me for servers to be down so long.
    11-01-09 08:35 PM
    hey read the second post in this thread over at bbos

Deleting BBM Group Calendar

It is an issue with the bbm servers
    11-01-09 08:36 PM
    Guess its just a waiting game.
    11-01-09 08:38 PM
    So should we just sit tight and see if it resolves itself over the next few days?
    11-01-09 08:38 PM
    I have been having the same issues since yesterday and have been deleting and reinstalling trying to figure it out. Happy to know it's RIM, hopefully i'll be able to recover soon.
    11-01-09 08:46 PM
    Well I went into my device mem and was able to recover some of my contacts but I don't know which backup is the most recent since they're named kinda weird and not by date. I had like 25 or 30 contacts but I only have 16 now >_< So if you're added me recently I guess I won't be able to talk to you until RIM fixes their stuff on their end.
    11-01-09 08:49 PM
    Ohhh woow, I thought I was the only one with this problem. I get the same message since saturday that the system is trying to register and I don't see any of my contacts pics..
    11-02-09 02:14 AM
    Me too with this same issue (also having the issues with BB Maps as well, that others are reporting, so I think both these are related, somehow). I am unable to recover my old contacts via the email process (says registering, since Sat night - grrr).

What's strange in my case is that I am using a Storm 1, but with the latest firmware put on it about the same time everyone started reporting these BBM and BBMaps issues. In my case, on Saturday night my Storm 1 inexplicably died on me with a JVM 528 error/white screen. It was after I reinstalled the latest firmware when I started seeing the BBM and BBMaps problems - just like everyone has been reporting here in the Storm 2 forums. Very strange.

maybe I can cheese a Storm 2 out of this, with VZ.....heh.
    11-02-09 07:27 AM
    hey read the second post in this thread over at bbos

Deleting BBM Group Calendar

It is an issue with the bbm servers
    Excuse my French but about FuC*** time some one spoke up about this I've been on this since i got the new Storm 2 i've been backing up reloading reinstalling thinking is the OS and sh** come to know it's RIM's Problem BB ohh my god, only knows how many hrs with out sleep getting the same message and not connecting to the server with BBM lost all pics from contacts in BBM etc... thanks!!! WANDERER
    11-03-09 05:06 AM
    Still having this issue with rim. I was told by a verizon rep that it should get fixed by today. Which the way things are going I highly doubt its gonna get fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 05:57 AM
    This is all starting to make me mad.

Now my email is coming to my storm. eveyrthing is there, i can see the account.

What the **** is going on ?

Also i have friends with storm. and there contacts are showing pics in messenger.

how come only some of us have this problem.
    11-03-09 06:12 AM
    anyone else having email issies?
    11-03-09 06:14 AM
    I don't have email issues just the bbm issue some people got affected and the others didn't as I was told by a verizon rep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 06:21 AM
    I wonder what the fix will be.

Will bb messenger just all of the sudden work and all the pics are there?

maybe we will have to uninstall and reinstall.

I think it sucks though, I just left att last friday cause i was sick of bad coverage and slow 3g and data problems

I come to verizon and look what i got. More data problems. But at least coverage is good.

I have looked at history, bb servers have been having problems all year.

FIX THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ridiculous that we all have to wait for 3-4 a week to get something fixed.
    11-03-09 07:13 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD