I have seen a few threads discussing the disappearance of BBM 5.0 when it is downloaded, but I didn't see anything dealing with my current problem, which stemmed from that same issue. My apologies if this is a repeat, or if this issue is resolved elsewhere.

A friend had forwarded me the unofficial version of 5.0 several weeks before it was released. Him, his wife, and others had downloaded it without issue. After some pressure, I caved and downloaded as well...which made BBM completely dissappear, but it still said it was installed (which is something many people have talked about experiencing). After much playing around with it on my own trying to figure it out, I finally started researching. After toying with some of the advice I came across, the best I found was to go back to the carrier's site (Verizon) and download the full OS. Then, through Desktop Manager, re-install BBM from that OS file.

So that is what I did. It got BBM back on my device, and I was very relieved...until I tried to use it the first time. Here's my problem:
    - I open up the application and it's only in portrait view
    - The scrolling goes in the opposite direction (move finger down instead of up)
    - Cannot just click and select. I must scroll to my contact or other commands, and then click once it's highlighted

I can get back into landscape by starting a conversation, backing out of the BBM program, and going into my main mailbox to re-open the conversation from there...but this sucks. Once 5.0 was officially released I had hoped that the upgrade would resolve this, but it didn't at all. Exact same issues. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know of a fix for this? I haven't tried a complete wipe and start fresh, but am hoping there is another option.

This thing has been driving me nuts for weeks! Any help would be appreciated.

~Chris
    11-01-09 10:02 PM
    I would uninstall and reinstall from the link below...

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger
    11-01-09 10:14 PM
    Negative. Already tried that one. Thanks for the suggestion though, PB.
    11-01-09 11:18 PM
    Try to enable/disable compatibility?
    11-01-09 11:20 PM
    How would I go about doing that?
    11-01-09 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD