Hey guys.. I'm a newbie to the blackberry world. I just got 5.0 on my BB8310. So on the 5.0, I heard you can update your contacts on what your listening to. I can't find that option, do you guys know how to do that? And also I have heard that if your contacts are connected through facebook their pictures should show, but mine don't. But some people say it will only show if that contact is also using 5.0 and if they uploaded a pic to their profile. Any info on this feature? And what is the barcode exactly?? That is really confusing to me! Lol sorry so many questions, but thanks ahead of time
    10-13-09 01:58 PM
    I haven't figured out how you can update what your listening to either but, the FB pics will show and if it doesnt you have to go to face book, find the person's pic you need under friends click options then hit connect to blackberry contact. It will ask you to find that person in your phone book and after you do that the pic will show. The barcode allows you to scan a person or groups barcode to auto-link them to your bbm contacts without manually putting in a pin or email.
    10-13-09 02:23 PM
    To display music update go to "options" and put a checkmark next to "Display music updates from Contacts"

facebook question: Im not sure, cant answer that

Barcode: the barcode lets someone add you just by taking a picture of it, in BBM click the menu button and go to "my profile" scroll down and click "display my barcode" you can send that barcode to your e-mail and then you can send it to whom you wish.

"Users have been able to connect with a PIN, e-mail address, or name. Now they can lock onto each other with bar codes and cameras. One BlackBerry produces a bar code and the other snaps a photo that Messenger 5.0 can read and translate"
    10-13-09 02:42 PM
    i just downloaded the 5.0 for my blackberry tour. now i cant find my bbm anywere. what do i need to do to get it back or find it?
    10-13-09 03:15 PM
    i just downloaded the 5.0 for my blackberry tour. now i cant find my bbm anywere. what do i need to do to get it back or find it?
    You didn't install it yet, go back to appworld and go to the new bbm
    10-13-09 03:19 PM
    or just go to www.blackberry.com/messenger from your phone.
    10-13-09 03:37 PM
    How can I get the display pictures of the other person's blackberry messenger contact info to show up on my list?

Shouldn't this happen automatically?
    Am I doing something wrong?

I do not have a contact for the person in my address book (originally when I linked the two I could change their picture myself to some picture I had stored on my phone. I would rather display the same one they have already selected for themselves).

Thank you.
    10-16-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD