Hey.

So I just downloaded the new BBM 5.0 and LOVE IT!!!

One problem. I have selected a specific picture as my avatar for BBM, but my friends don't see the pic that I chose. Instead, they see my profile pic as displayed on my Facebook. WTH??

Anyone else have this problem? How can I fix it?

Q4L
    10-07-09 11:37 PM
    Well...I think I figured it out.

If you update your Status Message as well, then the update goes through. Hope it helps anyone else who has this problem.
    10-08-09 12:03 AM
    I'm having this problem too. I've updated my status message and my avatar is still not showing up on others' BBM nor can I see theirs. Anyone have ideas?
    10-08-09 07:40 AM
    It could be either one of 2 things that worked for me. I ended up doing both at the same time and my other contacts can view my avatar now (i.e. not the facebook picture).

1) Save your picture onto your phone memory instead of your memory card.

2) Or view your profile, then choose "Remove Display Picture". Press back and save. Now go back to your profile and click "Change Display Picture" using the picture you saved on your phone memory. Or if you wanna try use the photo from your memory card.

Hope you find this useful and it works for you too!

Cheers,
    Glenn
    10-08-09 11:25 AM
    i have a same problems but i can`t change my pic profile totally..even me or my contact they couldn`t see either my pic profile..do anyone know this problems...please help me out...thxx....
    11-07-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD