03-21-12 05:45 PM
134 ... 3456
tools
    Ok, so I have tried to update bbm on my 8900 running 4.6.1.250 and have no such luck! I have tried updating via DM - didnt work. Tried copying all cod files and alx files into their appropriate Research In Motion Folders - that didn't work. When I tried both these options I was given the message, there aren't any updates available for your device.

Finally, I have tried the OTA link, get to the download screen, and hit the download button. An error message pops up:

"907 in invalid cod http error 406: not acceptable."

What does this mean? Are there any other solutions to upgrade? Any and all help is greatly appreciated thanks
    07-18-09 03:41 PM
    SAME FOR MYSELF! I try and download and I keep getting a download failed link!! [QUOTE=curbsideprophet26;3089690]I just keep getting the "Download Failed" message also. Are you guys saying just to keep clicking it over and over and it'll eventually work? Because I'm pretty sure I'm on try #2,564 and counting.. lol[/QUOTE
    07-18-09 03:42 PM
    07-18-09 03:52 PM
    Link isn't working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 03:58 PM
    Link doesn't work for me either. I have tried a couple of download links and the ones that do get me to a download screen aren't of much help either. Before my bb starts downloading it says, "Download Fail."

Help??
    07-18-09 04:06 PM
    I'm with Josher! Very frustrating.
    07-18-09 04:07 PM
    im still running 4.6.1.114 what should i use to dl bbm 5.0. has any one got it to work using .114 and also how can upgrade from .114 ota is it possible?
    07-18-09 04:10 PM
    At least I am not the only one lol!
    I'm with Josher! Very frustrating.
    07-18-09 04:15 PM
    i did download it but it didn't wrk :s
    heeeelp !
    07-18-09 04:18 PM
    what is the OS ? WHERE CAN I FIND IT ?
    07-18-09 04:22 PM
    if all is having problems with the links why not find the zip file and install this way , the links keep crashing on almost all the web links
    **try this** worked for me but the links didnt

Once the .zip file is downloaded & extracted if you run 64 bit go to C drive -> Program Files -> Common Files -> Research In Motion -> Shared -> Loader Files. Then open the OS you are running (i.e. v4.6.1.231).
    Next put the .alx file in the first screen u see (you’ll see a bunch of other files w/ .alx extensions).
    Then open the Java folder & copy and paste the .cod’s in there (if you want to be a little more advanced with it all you need to do is really copy the .cod [net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod] and the language file, english is net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_EN.cod].
    **Note, you’ll be replacing the existing .cod files with these new ones**
    07-18-09 04:30 PM
    Well What's Th Os ??
    07-18-09 04:34 PM
    Where Can I Find It ?
    07-18-09 04:34 PM
    anyone have the files they can send me? i will put them on my server as another resource
    07-18-09 04:41 PM
    if all is having problems with the links why not find the zip file and install this way , the links keep crashing on almost all the web links
    **try this** worked for me but the links didnt

Once the .zip file is downloaded & extracted if you run 64 bit go to C drive -> Program Files -> Common Files -> Research In Motion -> Shared -> Loader Files. Then open the OS you are running (i.e. v4.6.1.231).
    Next put the .alx file in the first screen u see (youll see a bunch of other files w/ .alx extensions).
    Then open the Java folder & copy and paste the .cods in there (if you want to be a little more advanced with it all you need to do is really copy the .cod [net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod] and the language file, english is net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_EN.cod].
    **Note, youll be replacing the existing .cod files with these new ones**
    Already tried that and it didn't work and neither did any of the several OTA links I have tried. When I do the copy stuff with the files it says it's loaded on my bb but there is no icon and when I try the OTA i get the error "907 Invalid COD HTTP Error 403: Forbidden" or something else about not being able to transfer the zip file sometimes.
    07-18-09 06:03 PM
    guess the ota links are getting clipped by RIM
    07-18-09 06:06 PM
    The ZIP files here work:

Leaked: BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 For Many Devices! | BlackBerry Rocks!

I updated from 4.6.1.231 to 250 at the same time, and it works great! Also, I received this email almost immediately, which is interesting:

BlackBerry Messenger email confirmation
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 4:43 PM
    "BBMADMIN" <bbadmin@eval.blackberry.com>
    Add sender to Contacts
    To:
    chrisbarnett01ATSYMBOLyahoo.com
    Hello,

Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email. The email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email.

If you do not use BlackBerry Messenger, you can ignore this email.

Thank you,
    BlackBerry Messenger Team
    07-18-09 06:49 PM
    Already tried that and it didn't work and neither did any of the several OTA links I have tried. When I do the copy stuff with the files it says it's loaded on my bb but there is no icon and when I try the OTA i get the error "907 Invalid COD HTTP Error 403: Forbidden" or something else about not being able to transfer the zip file sometimes.
    i was able to get a zip file when they first uploaded yesturday morning and when i finally did install using the post i did from a guy blackberry_junkie (berryreview)
    they loaded the first time and no issues so far on my 8900 (v.231) no errors i still have my zip file and i just replaced the 2 files > dm> said upgrade > done
    the ota files i believe are being clipped or they were time trialed
    07-18-09 07:00 PM
    Ok, i'm using the new bbm and it's working fine .. but i'd like to go back to the old bbm for the time being, until there's an official release.. How do i do that :s ??

Appreciate any help!
    07-18-09 07:32 PM
    Ok, i'm using the new bbm and it's working fine .. but i'd like to go back to the old bbm for the time being, until there's an official release.. How do i do that :s ??

Appreciate any help!

The betas are always the same as the official releases. Who cares?
    07-18-09 08:00 PM
    The betas are always the same as the official releases. Who cares?
    I know .. But i thought i might as well get it when an official OS 5.0 is released rather than beta's with lots of issues..

Anyways, i dunno if i'll still go back to the old BBM, but how would I do that anyways??? Thanks!
    07-18-09 08:03 PM
    I think RIM is starting to pull the plug on some of the sites.

Sucks. I really wanted it.
    07-18-09 08:05 PM
    I kept getting the "internal error".. But for some reason when I went to the link this time it downloaded..

Not sure if it was the reboot or what... But I finally have it on my phone.. And I'm running .250
    07-18-09 08:46 PM
    07-18-09 08:53 PM
    I got it! woop woop!

Its actually way better than i ever expected.
    07-18-09 09:19 PM
134 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD