10-08-09 01:37 PM
196 1234 ...
tools
    dude read the post, its officially called bbm5

New BlackBerry Messenger to Launch October 7th?!! | CrackBerry.com
    I realize in the application list that BBM shows as version 5.0; I am referring to how it is referred to internally at RIM.
    10-06-09 09:44 PM
    I've been using the leaked version already. Is there anything different about this official one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It'll be an upgraded version. Less bugs hopefully
    10-06-09 09:46 PM
    I realize in the application list that BBM shows as version 5.0; I am referring to how it is referred to internally at RIM.
    did you really just say that again and STILL NOT READ IT? i'll post it for you:

So apparently RIM's market brand team decided to skip BBM 2, 3 and 4 and call it BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 to bring it in alignment with the OS 5.0 rollout that'll be taking place soon.

internally it is referred to as bbm 5.0, kevin admitted error in the source that you linked.
    10-06-09 09:47 PM
    It'll be an upgraded version. Less bugs hopefully
    Cool, although I didn't experience any bugs.

10-06-09 09:48 PM
    did you really just say that again and STILL NOT READ IT? i'll post it for you:

So apparently RIM's market brand team decided to skip BBM 2, 3 and 4 and call it BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 to bring it in alignment with the OS 5.0 rollout that'll be taking place soon.

internally it is referred to as bbm 5.0, kevin admitted error in the source that you linked.
    I actually read the entire thread and here's the updated edit from Kevin's one and only post in that thread so I really don't know what the **** you are talking about!: "Update: So apparently, new BBM for 4.6 is currently tagged internally as BBM 2.0 and new BBM for 5.0 is currently tagged as BBM 2.5. Kind strange, and wouldn't doubt that it's re-tagged by marketing when released, but that's apparently how it sits right now."

So katiepea, I've heard of other members referring to you as a ******, I guess it's true!
    10-06-09 10:05 PM
    I actually read the entire thread and here's the updated edit from Kevin's one and only post in that thread so I really don't know what the **** you are talking about!: "Update: So apparently, new BBM for 4.6 is currently tagged internally as BBM 2.0 and new BBM for 5.0 is currently tagged as BBM 2.5. Kind strange, and wouldn't doubt that it's re-tagged by marketing when released, but that's apparently how it sits right now."

So katiepea, I've heard of other members referring to you as a ******, I guess it's true!
    why am i a ****** for correcting you? kevin said it is internally referred to as bbm5 by rim now.. i hardly think correcting you makes me anything other than...well correct.
    10-06-09 10:07 PM
    Okay I hav this contact-lost problem after upgrading OS5 and downgrading the bbm.. I have the .BAK/backup file from bbm 5.. But can I restore it to bbm 4? Help will be apreciated.. Thanks

10-06-09 10:11 PM
    Okay I hav this contact-lost problem after upgrading OS5 and downgrading the bbm.. I have the .BAK/backup file from bbm 5.. But can I restore it to bbm 4? Help will be apreciated.. Thanks

you'll have to restore bbm contacts from desktop manager, you won't be able to use that bak because bbm 5 is the only one that can restore it.
    10-06-09 10:12 PM
    why am i a ****** for correcting you? kevin said it is internally referred to as bbm5 by rim now.. i hardly think correcting you makes me anything other than...well correct.
    Well any change in how RIM is referring to it must be in a completely different thread because it certainly isn't in the one that I have posted and cited from.
    10-06-09 10:13 PM
    How could I restore that from DM?

10-06-09 10:13 PM
    Well any change in how RIM is referring to it must be in a completely different thread because it certainly isn't in the one that I have posted and cited from.
    yes that was my point entirely, your source is dated, if you'd read the link i posted, which is still on the homepage of crackberry.com you'll see that is clearly states:

So apparently RIM's market brand team decided to skip BBM 2, 3 and 4 and call it BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 to bring it in alignment with the OS 5.0 rollout that'll be taking place soon. Although hopefully even older devices that won't get OS 5.0 will be able to get BBM 5.0.
    10-06-09 10:14 PM
    you'll have to restore bbm contacts from desktop manager, you won't be able to use that bak because bbm 5 is the only one that can restore it.

10-06-09 10:19 PM

if you restore blackberry messenger from a backup with DM or apploader, it will restore your contacts too
    10-06-09 10:23 PM
    if you restore blackberry messenger from a backup with DM or apploader, it will restore your contacts too
    Ya I mean how? I hav os 5 running now and my bbm that I restore on dm is v.5 ... Now m running bbm 4.7.. Ota

10-06-09 10:30 PM
    hmm, well all of my bbm contacts are tied to my actual address book, so if restoring bbm didn't restore your contacts, you might be out of luck, when i upgraded to 5.0 OS i only restored my contacts, which included all of my bbm contacts...
    10-06-09 10:32 PM
    yes that was my point entirely, your source is dated, if you'd read the link i posted, which is still on the homepage of crackberry.com you'll see that is clearly states:

So apparently RIM's market brand team decided to skip BBM 2, 3 and 4 and call it BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 to bring it in alignment with the OS 5.0 rollout that'll be taking place soon. Although hopefully even older devices that won't get OS 5.0 will be able to get BBM 5.0.
    I agree with you on this one, things change.

Now for what actually matters because I dont give a $hit what RIM calls BBM, where can we find the new BBM. I hope it drops at 12:00 anyone think it will?
    10-06-09 10:32 PM
    hmm, well all of my bbm contacts are tied to my actual address book, so if restoring bbm didn't restore your contacts, you might be out of luck, when i upgraded to 5.0 OS i only restored my contacts, which included all of my bbm contacts...
    Omg dats so bad... If I hav the bbm 5 for os 5 I can just restored from my bakup file yes?

10-06-09 10:36 PM
    Omg dats so bad... If I hav the bbm 5 for os 5 I can just restored from my bakup file yes?

Most likely. Do a backup before hand tho. Just in case.
    10-06-09 10:48 PM
    Will I be able to update BBM OTA? Or will I have to use DM?

10-06-09 10:49 PM
    Most likely. Do a backup before hand tho. Just in case.
    Yeah.. I hope the new bbm will come out on oct 10... Thanks for helping me :d

10-06-09 10:51 PM
    I don't think anyone knows how it is going to be released yet. I could be OTA, Download, push we will find out tomorrow.
    10-06-09 10:52 PM
    This might be the single most exciting thing for me since the release of the Tour!
    10-06-09 11:04 PM
    Ok its tomorrow is it here yet ?
    10-07-09 12:18 AM
    Wondering the same thing lol, where is it?
    10-07-09 12:22 AM
    I dont see anything yet. Please come to me BBM5
    10-07-09 12:27 AM
196 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD