I was running the leaked BBM 5.0, on my Tour for weeks and it worked fine. Then, last night i went to BB app store and download/install the official update. after reboot, i notice that my BBM icon was missing from the phone! I then went to options-advanced-applications. And erased bbm thinking that I would be able able to reinstall and get it back....

After I was asked to reboot, and during I got a error message, and it never fully reboots! even after batt pull!!! WTF?
    10-09-09 04:28 AM
    10-09-09 04:58 AM
    thanks!!!
    10-09-09 05:14 AM
    Hey.
    I just had the same thing happen to me. I downloaded BB messenger from the app world and restarted my BB and then I could not find the application anywhere. I looked all over the phone and still could not find it. I even tried to launch it from the app world and it would not run.
    Then I decided I would uninstall i and when I rebooted the phone I got the "reload software 553" message and I restored my phone and applied the backup but I lost all my apps, so now im forced to re-download them..
    10-09-09 05:23 AM
    dude at least you can get your stuff back, i did the new BBM & didn't like it, i ended up erasing everything on blackberry since june & i had no backup!
    10-09-09 05:26 AM
    I was running the leaked BBM 5.0, on my Tour for weeks and it worked fine. Then, last night i went to BB app store and download/install the official update. after reboot, i notice that my BBM icon was missing from the phone! I then went to options-advanced-applications. And erased bbm thinking that I would be able able to reinstall and get it back....

After I was asked to reboot, and during I got a error message, and it never fully reboots! even after batt pull!!! WTF?
    What OS are you running?
    10-09-09 06:58 AM
    The official bbm 5.0 put my Tour in an endless reboot, and the led keeps blinking twice. My usual method of recovering from a "reload 552" error doesn't work. I guess now's the time for me to download .230 and see if I can install the OS (since I can't seem to load up my official one).
    10-09-09 07:06 AM
    Just get rid of it and get yourself a better Blackberry like he Curve. The Tour has so many problems I can't describe the hate I have towards it, I can't wait to smash this thing with a hammer once my new touch pro 2 gets in the mail. Out of all the BB's I've owned, this is hands down the worst, and please don't get me started on its battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 07:59 AM
    dude at least you can get your stuff back, i did the new BBM & didn't like it, i ended up erasing everything on blackberry since june & i had no backup!
    Just curious as to what you didn't like about it? It's a MAJOR upgrade from 4.7 and even a pretty significant upgrade from 5.0.0.8

The official bbm 5.0 put my Tour in an endless reboot, and the led keeps blinking twice. My usual method of recovering from a "reload 552" error doesn't work. I guess now's the time for me to download .230 and see if I can install the OS (since I can't seem to load up my official one).
    I can confirm that the new BBM 5.0.0.33 works flawlessly with .230. I suggest the .230/.238 hybrid.

Just get rid of it and get yourself a better Blackberry like he Curve. The Tour has so many problems I can't describe the hate I have towards it, I can't wait to smash this thing with a hammer once my new touch pro 2 gets in the mail. Out of all the BB's I've owned, this is hands down the worst, and please don't get me started on its battery life.

Outside of the trackball issue, what is wrong with the Tour?
    10-09-09 08:46 AM

This is no question the best BB I have ever owned. It's fast, sleek-looking, and it has everything I need. I won't get you started on the battery life, because I don't feel like hearing any more of your ignorant babble.

10-09-09 09:20 AM
    *on topic*

Sounds like all you needed to do was resend your service books. If your phone says it installed, and you can't find the icon - most likely the fix is going to be resending your service books

10-09-09 09:40 AM

This is no question the best BB I have ever owned. It's fast, sleek-looking, and it has everything I need. I won't get you started on the battery life, because I don't feel like hearing any more of your ignorant babble.

And this, my friends, is what we call Touche'. Well said Asperse...
    10-09-09 09:50 AM

My thoughts exactly!
    10-09-09 10:15 AM
    What OS are you running?
    I'm running the standard OS 4.7
    10-09-09 01:06 PM
    The same exact thing happened to me. After I reloaded the OS and re-downloaded all of my apps, I decided to try installing BBM 5.0 again, but this time from www.blackberry.com/messenger instead of from the App World and it install flawlessly.

There must be a problem with the App World file that bricks Tours.
    10-09-09 01:14 PM
    The same exact thing happened to me. After I reloaded the OS and re-downloaded all of my apps, I decided to try installing BBM 5.0 again, but this time from www.blackberry.com/messenger instead of from the App World and it install flawlessly.

Another vote from a problem with the App World file...it totally bricked my Tour for the first time - quite a disconcerting experience. I managed to recover after a few hours but don't think I'll be downloading BBM 5.0 anytime soon...
    10-09-09 01:56 PM
    Actually it appears to be the 4.7 OS that is the problem. Basically installing any application can cause the bricking. I have taken to backing up data and apps before installing a new app and then backing up the apps again after installing anything new. I have had it brick when installing viigo, podtrapper, google maps and BBM now. I have gotten so good at recovering my Tour that the longest part of the process is simply waiting for it to reboot. After the BBM bricking I recovered from before BBM, then went and reinstalled from the appworld and it was fine.

It seems to be more likely to cause a problem the bigger the download and since BBM is 2.7 megs and one of the largest apps I have on my phone it was sure to happen.

I have recovered no less then 10 times now all because I install and remove apps all the time testing out new ones.

-frank
    10-09-09 02:24 PM
    Actually it appears to be the 4.7 OS that is the problem. Basically installing any application can cause the bricking. I have taken to backing up data and apps before installing a new app and then backing up the apps again after installing anything new. I have had it brick when installing viigo, podtrapper, google maps and BBM now. I have gotten so good at recovering my Tour that the longest part of the process is simply waiting for it to reboot. After the BBM bricking I recovered from before BBM, then went and reinstalled from the appworld and it was fine.

It seems to be more likely to cause a problem the bigger the download and since BBM is 2.7 megs and one of the largest apps I have on my phone it was sure to happen.

I have recovered no less then 10 times now all because I install and remove apps all the time testing out new ones.

-frank
    How do you back up all of your apps so you don't have to download all of them again?
    10-09-09 03:00 PM

I have never had this problem.. I install and uninstall countless apps.. Except.. AppWorld.. For some reason I find it useless and a waste of space... I think it's more geared toward the " want an iphone type"..Could installing through AppWorld be a problem as well?..
    10-09-09 05:17 PM
    How do you back up all of your apps so you don't have to download all of them again?
    don't know if you can. if you find out, please let me know
    10-09-09 05:27 PM

-frank
    I have to agree, I haven't had this many problems with any of my other Berries in the past. I've bricked 4 Tours sinced July downloading various apps. It's crazy. I've gotten pretty good at recovery as well!
    10-09-09 06:17 PM
    i have 4.7os since the day i got it. i installed bbm5 with no problems.
    10-09-09 08:19 PM
    I have a 9630 Tour since Aug. I have owned nothing but WinMo devices prior and I have to say I am very pleased with my Tour. I have installed the .238 hybrid and the new BBM 5.0.33 and it works flawless.
    10-10-09 07:01 AM

I downloaded BBM 5.0 through app world and its worked flawlessly for me
    10-10-09 12:04 PM
    that's what happened to me. luckily i had a backup from the last time my phone got fried which was a week ago. >_< all apps gone so having to reload. not touching the bbm until os5 becomes officially on my phone.
    10-11-09 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD