I have upgraded to the new bbm 5.0 and so have some of my friends. I can see some of their avatar pics and some are not showing up. i have talked with them and they do have a pic added but i cant see it... and they cant see mine.
    is this normal? and ideas on how to fix?

T.I.A.

Tim
    10-10-09 07:28 PM
    are you on BBM 5.0.0.33?

did they change their avatar yet? i know i was on the leaked BBM and sometimes the avatar and status updates wouldn't push...

also maybe delete and reload BBM, sometimes a botched install...and make sure you DL from the blackberry mobile site and not the OTA links hosted by the other places, sometimes they add/remove stuff...
    10-10-09 08:40 PM
    10-11-09 12:22 AM
    I have the same issue, as do three others on my BBM contact list.

We have tried Battery pulls, reinstalls, and one person tried a wipe.

Still missing avatars.
    10-11-09 08:17 AM
    We are both running 5033
    We have both changed from default avatar.
    I have done a batt pull.
    I am not the only one on her list that she can't see the custom avatar... So I don't think its the install.
    Could re-add her as a contact and see if that works.
    Anyone else with ideas?
    Thanks,
    Tim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 08:50 AM
    Do you have the bbm contact linked in your contact message book? As soon as I linked everyone and then did a battery pull I was able to see everyone's avatar. Hope this helps...
    10-11-09 08:55 AM
    Do you have the bbm contact linked in your contact message book? As soon as I linked everyone and then did a battery pull I was able to see everyone's avatar. Hope this helps...
    Good thought. But that didn't work for me. If I link them to my contacts I can see their Contact picture. But my BBM people use a different avatar then the one I have assigned to them in my contacts.

All my people have the official release, as do I.

Still can't see their BBM avatar.

Ac
    10-11-09 09:09 AM
    The only avatars I see is ppl with the official BBM if they have the leak I can't see. And I couldn't get the leak cause I have OS 5.0 so I had to adjust things

This seems to be what's happening to me too...

10-11-09 09:41 AM
    Easy solution: Delete contact and then re-add them. This worked for me and I do not have OS 5.0. This might have to be done on both ends.
    10-11-09 09:55 AM
    OK, folks.....here's what I did to solve the "not receiving avatar" problem. For those recipients who were not receiving my avatar, all using BBM 5.0, I simply had them delete me from their BBM contact list, then I reinvited them to hook up with me, and voila, my avatar showed up on their BBM contact list, and when linked to the Contact application, also showed up there.
    Whether or not this was also due to my previously trying the Host Routing Table method with a battery pull (Quickpull), I don't know, but nothing clicked until we did the delete/reinvite method.
    10-13-09 01:27 PM
    I downloaded the leaked Messenger a few months ago. Should I delete and install it, now that it is official? Thanks.
    10-14-09 09:25 AM
    I downloaded the leaked Messenger a few months ago. Should I delete and install it, now that it is official? Thanks.
    yes you should
    10-14-09 09:27 AM
    even the official version doesn't seem to be showing avatars
    10-25-09 04:36 AM
    I have had this issue to. Our issue seemed to be linked to fb. Fb allows you to link your BBM profile to it. So if you choose that option it will show their Fb profile pic instead of the BBM pic but the other person wont see it. So heres what we did to fix the profile pic from not showing...

1. I had the person delete me from thier bbm.

2. I deleted them from my BBM.

3. They uninstalled/deleted FB.

4. They rebooted/battery pulled device.

5. They uninstalled/deleted BBM.

6. They rebooted/battery pulled device.

7. They reinstalled BBM and then i added them back to my BBM.

Thats when i was able to see thier profile picture. This was after a week of trying other things to fix this problem. They added Fb back after BBM was working again. This worked for 3 of my friends on my BBM. They all had the curve. Dont think the model of the phone would have anything to do with no being able to see the pic though. Oh i had them reinstall BBM through blackberry world application.
    10-26-09 09:05 AM
    i have tried all that mary jane and i cant seem to get it to work! i have deleted and reinstalled BBM on my phone like 6 times! i still cant see anyones pics and they cant see mine....ughh! maybe i should take my phone to cellsouth to see if they can fix it for me!
    11-01-09 02:52 PM
    i think this is a RIM server issue

because its not just the avatar issue

remote backup also has a glitch

try deactivating the email for remote backup
    it will get stuck on

Deactivating

try activating a NEW email for remote backup
    it will get stuck on
    activating

patience ..

everything has a fix and will be fixed fast if you just give it time
    checking your BBM every minute will stress you more

adjust your self with what you have

sorry for the long post
    11-01-09 03:13 PM
    Im having the same problem. I had all my contacts avatars showing but due to a re-invite problem which keeps happening i had to back-up my contacts delete messenger rresend service books reinstall bbm and restore my contacts and now after that none of their avatars are showing. I have tried deleting some people and readding them, i have changed my avatar to see and they have changed theres but nothing

Any fixes as yet?

Thanks
    11-01-09 03:26 PM
    11-05-09 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD