Hello all,

I have been having issues with BBM 5.0 and was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. People are saying its taking a long time to send me a message. The message just sits on their phone with a check mark. Then it may send 10 to 15 mins later. If I go to the internet or use data on my phone then the message goes through and gets to my phone right away. I can never see if they received my message unless i do this. This all started to happen after updating my bby os to 5.0. I went back to 4.6 and still the same issue. I have been using bbm 5.0 since i got the phone in the beginning of december. I have noticed that my phone doesnt go out and search for messages as often. Everything seems to work fine if I am on my WIFI. I am with Bell on HSPA. I have talked to Bell and we deleted the service book which helped out but only for a few hours. If i do a battery pull it works for a few hours then back to the above problem. I was able to get the message right away before but now it takes awhile or I have to initiate the download by using data. I am currently running the new BBM 5.0.0.57 and bby v5.0.0.411

Does anyone out there with any ideas.
    Last edited by blkstangca; 01-09-10 at 10:19 AM.
    01-09-10 10:06 AM
    Hello all,

I have been having issues with BBM 5.0 and was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. People are saying its taking a long time to send me a message. The message just sits on their phone with a check mark. Then it may send 10 to 15 mins later. If I go to the internet or use data on my phone then the message goes through and gets to my phone right away. I can never see if they received my message unless i do this. This all started to happen after updating my bby os to 5.0. I went back to 4.6 and still the same issue. I have been using bbm 5.0 since i got the phone in the beginning of december. I have noticed that my phone doesnt go out and search for messages as often. Everything seems to work fine if I am on my WIFI. I am with Bell on HSPA. I have talked to Bell and we deleted the service book which helped out but only for a few hours. If i do a battery pull it works for a few hours then back to the above problem. I was able to get the message right away before but now it takes awhile or I have to initiate the download by using data. I am currently running the new BBM 5.0.0.57 and bby v5.0.0.411

I dont think you are alone, there have been other posts about delayed BBM in other forums as well. It seems to be a consensus that its a HSPA network issue. Btw, did the problem just come out of nowhere or you've been having the delay since u got on the HSPA network?
    01-09-10 10:27 AM
    Thanks for the reply ekim2010. The problem started about 3 days ago. Was working fine until i upgraded to BBY 5.0.0.411, But downgrade didnt fix issue. I have read some of the other posts and they are older nothing new. They were using the leaked version not the offical release.
    01-09-10 10:37 AM
    Hello all,

Welcome to the problem! I (along with others) have this exact problem on the 9700 on HSPA with Bell. I have a ticket currently open with 3rd level support and Bell advised me to tell everone else to call in with the same issue, so it will become a master ticket.

Call, explain the problem and ask for it to go to 3rd level. Your symptoms described are identical.
    01-09-10 01:27 PM
    OK so say i heard many people are having this issue and tell them it has to go to a level 3 person?
    01-10-10 02:48 AM
    OK so say i heard many people are having this issue and tell them it has to go to a level 3 person?
    Yes. The more people that call with the issue the more attention it will receive. I suspect a lot of people have the issue but don't actually realise it.
    01-10-10 01:32 PM
    Same here, along with a few friends too.
    01-11-10 01:43 AM
    I was just talking to Bell tech and they checked and there was no master ticket for this issue. I did get a ticket open and it has been escilated. The actual tech that i talked to has this issue as well.
    01-11-10 01:48 PM
    I was just talking to Bell tech and they checked and there was no master ticket for this issue. I did get a ticket open and it has been escilated. The actual tech that i talked to has this issue as well.
    Great, another ticket to add to the cause

Amazing though that we have inside Bell support rep with the same problem but yet still no master ticket. Frustrating! What has he/she done about escalating it :::shakes head::::

I have also esclated the escalation today via a corporate escalation contact for the company I work with and have a 2nd Bell case number. I guess all we can do is keep making noise.
    01-11-10 01:51 PM
    Im having the same problem too. I will call today and let them know.

Does any of your BBM's work sometimes, but then some you can't get at all?
    01-12-10 12:37 PM
    Girlfriend is having the same issue. Just picked her up a 9700 on Bell's HSPA.

I'm with Rogers, and it takes about 10 - 15 minutes for her to get my BBM's / Emails.

Absolutely ridiculous.
    01-13-10 03:41 PM
    Just started having this issue today
    01-14-10 07:27 PM
    I have been having this issue for a few days now. I will call Bell tomorrow to aid in the hopes of getting a master ticket!
    01-14-10 09:17 PM
    That suckssss ! how about this issue, I keep loosing all of my contacts, by now I cannot remember how many times I have restored them or even reinstalled the app..........again and again and again to no avail they just disapear hence loosing important messages ! is anybody else having an issue like this ? what's the story !
    01-15-10 10:14 AM
    OK. So after escalating the problem through the large company I work for who have direct links inside Bell, I got a call back from 3rd level support today.

The issue with delayed BBM, delayed email and losing the Blackberry Data connection/icon is a known issue affecting mainly Ontario and Alberta. The issue with the HSPA network and they are currently deploying software updates to the network.

Ontario is first to be completed, followed by the other provinces with a scheduled completion date for the end of January.

In the past 24 hours I've actually noticed a big improvement, so hopefully they have deployed it in my area. The tech will also call me back next Wednesday to check on the status.

He also confirmed that they found that people who replaced their SIM cards were temporarily fixed for a couple of weeks before the problem came back. Which is exactly what happened to me.

Sounds good folks. By the end of the month we should all have "normal" 9700/9000 Blackberries that don't need a kick .

The Bell Master Ticket is: 1738867
    01-15-10 03:27 PM
    OK. So after escalating the problem through the large company I work for who have direct links inside Bell, I got a call back from 3rd level support today.

The issue with delayed BBM, delayed email and losing the Blackberry Data connection/icon is a known issue affecting mainly Ontario and Alberta. The issue with the HSPA network and they are currently deploying software updates to the network.

Ontario is first to be completed, followed by the other provinces with a scheduled completion date for the end of January.

In the past 24 hours I've actually noticed a big improvement, so hopefully they have deployed it in my area. The tech will also call me back next Wednesday to check on the status.

He also confirmed that they found that people who replaced their SIM cards were temporarily fixed for a couple of weeks before the problem came back. Which is exactly what happened to me.

Sounds good folks. By the end of the month we should all have "normal" 9700/9000 Blackberries that don't need a kick .

The Bell Master Ticket is: 1738867
    This is great news. I made the switch over around the same time as everyone, the end of December where everything started to slow down at the turn of the new year. My friends began saying that they would it would take around 15 minutes to receive on my end.

Likewise with everyone I had to almost jumpstart receiving messaged by just hopping on the internet and hitting refresh.

I honestly felt I had purchased a bmw with a ford motor, lol.

So I'm assuming that a Master Ticket refers to a high-priority-level problem? I've seen some slight improvement but good looks from everyone.
    01-15-10 05:18 PM
    So far 2 days and working fine.
    01-19-10 10:22 PM
    Still experiencing delays with the 9700 on the TELUS network in Ontario. Sometimes the Pins/BBMs go through right away and most times there's a delay.

I really hope Bell and TELUS fix this soon. It's quite an annoying problem.
    01-25-10 09:20 PM
    Started getting delayed messages. Or not sending at all this evening around 6pm. Whats going on?

01-25-10 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD