I have searched alot of threads on this forum and cannot find the answer to my issue up to this point.
    I am running BBM 5 version 5.0.0.8 vendor: RIM
    So in my BBM options i have it set to SAVE MESSAGE HISTORY to media card.
    now when trying to view my message history at a later date...all that happens is a loading screen comes up and no matter how long I wait it just stays on that loading screen until i exit the message history for any one conversation history.
    What i want to know is what is the reason for this, and also if there is a solution to fix the problem other than switching the SAVE MESSAGE HISTORY to Device because i know that works fine, but i want the message history on the media card so as not to take up alot of device memory. And yes i already know that i can look at the message history on my media card via my computer...but that is an inconvenience especially since i may want to check history on the go.
    thanks

P.S. I am running on OS 4.6.0.301(513) on Blackberry Bold.
    10-07-09 05:09 PM
    You are running a beta version of BBM 5.0 and these things happen with beta versions. RIM is about to release the official/final BBM 5.0 any minute now, literally! Look out for it.
    10-07-09 05:25 PM
    I have searched alot of threads on this forum and cannot find the answer to my issue up to this point.
    I am running BBM 5 version 5.0.0.8 vendor: RIM
    So in my BBM options i have it set to SAVE MESSAGE HISTORY to media card.
    now when trying to view my message history at a later date...all that happens is a loading screen comes up and no matter how long I wait it just stays on that loading screen until i exit the message history for any one conversation history.
    What i want to know is what is the reason for this, and also if there is a solution to fix the problem other than switching the SAVE MESSAGE HISTORY to Device because i know that works fine, but i want the message history on the media card so as not to take up alot of device memory. And yes i already know that i can look at the message history on my media card via my computer...but that is an inconvenience especially since i may want to check history on the go.
    thanks

P.S. I am running on OS 4.6.0.301(513) on Blackberry Bold.
    You are running a beta version of BBM 5.0 and these things happen with beta versions. RIM is about to release the official/final BBM 5.0 any minute now, literally! Look out for it.
    Don't worry about trying to find fixes for a beta. yea just wait for the official BBM, but it wont be "any minute", everbody been waiting all day so far...
    10-07-09 05:30 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses....damn it I hate to wait....but I sure hope that's not the only fix for this problem...still waiting for more ideas please....anyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 05:56 PM
    Happened to me once, just go on the media card and delete the current saved history and start over. Worked for me.
    10-07-09 08:23 PM
    it happened to me before then i switched to saving on the device. the downside is that saving to the device has a certain limit that it saves then it starts deleting them. i had 850 mb free so it shouldnt have been a problem. i went back to saving on the media card and its been fine for the last few weeks.
    10-07-09 08:26 PM
    Happened to me once, just go on the media card and delete the current saved history and start over. Worked for me.
    I will take your advice and wipe the history from the media card and try again....also i just installed the official release of BBM 5.0 so i will try to see if it will load the history on the media card first before i wipe it clean...thanks

Will let you know the outcome shortly!!!
    10-07-09 09:03 PM
    I will take your advice and wipe the history from the media card and try again....also i just installed the official release of BBM 5.0 so i will try to see if it will load the history on the media card first before i wipe it clean...thanks

Will let you know the outcome shortly!!!

OK...so it works just fine with the official release of BBM 5.0...
    thanks to everyone for their help!!!!
    10-07-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD