Hey guys,

I've tried searching the forums for an answer but came up empty handed. my device is leaking memory like crazy (bb 8320 tmobile). i noticed this started to occure once i joined a new chat group on bbm, so i removed myself from the group. however, the lagging still continued and my phone keeps freezing constantly. i decided to try and delete the bbm 5.0 from my blackberry but when i accessed the application list i noticed it wasn't there. i tried to install the operating system again but i can't do it ( i have a mac). is there anyway to fix this (i.e. delete bbm 5.0 from my phone and put back bbm 4.5)

thanks!
    02-17-10 10:53 PM
    You cannot OTA reinstall 4.5 BBM. you have to keep 5.0 BBM.

Ban news ?!!? yes/no depends on who you ask.

you can however try to download the 4.5OS for your phone and install just the BBM if you want to do that. it's fairly simple.
    02-18-10 07:42 AM
    There is no OTA download for the previous BBM (I think it was 1.7).

It is included with the OS for your BB, so you can delete BBM5 and then reinstall it through Desktop Manager. You'll need your BB's OS on your computer to do this.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-18-10 07:58 AM
    i've tried doing this but the application doesnt show up in the desktop manager or the applications list on the bb. but it still works. this is why i am confused.
    02-18-10 07:08 PM
    did you check the "add-on" section. it will not show up in the 3rd party applications.
    02-19-10 07:30 AM
    did you check the "add-on" section. it will not show up in the 3rd party applications.
    That's on OS 5, I don't believe the apps were separated this way on OS 4.5 (which is what the op is running I assume on an 8320), they were all in one list from what I can remember.

Try re-installing the version of BBM you currently have installed. Any time I've done that it actually uninstalled it and I had to re-install one more time.
    02-19-10 02:10 PM
    thank for all the replies! i eventually resorted to downgrading the version of bbm to 4.5 with an old pc i have. my device has stopped leaking memory and is working fine again.
    02-22-10 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD