So just all of a sudden, the cursor in my group chat has completely vanished. If I move the cursor up and down, I can see it. But when I put the cursor in the text box to type something, it's gone. And if I try typing something, nothing comes up.

So far I've tried a 2 battery pulls, but still the same problem.

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 10:07 PM
    this happened to me too...i had to go to the chat and end the conversation to clear the history and it came back.
    10-16-09 10:18 PM
    How do you end the conversation in a group chat? When I click the Menu button, there's no option for it?

Also, if I clear the chat, will all the history from the group chat get erased? Or is it still saved/backed-up?

10-16-09 11:00 PM
    How do you end the conversation in a group chat? When I click the Menu button, there's no option for it?

Also, if I clear the chat, will all the history from the group chat get erased? Or is it still saved/backed-up?

if you clear the chat, you clear it for EVERYONE, and it can only be saved if you have it set to save in group options.
    10-16-09 11:04 PM
    In the regular BBM settings, I have Save Message History set to Media Card. In my group chat settings, I have "Keep Messages For" set to Forever.

I'm the Admin for my group. If I clear the chat, can I restore it after I delete it? If so, how do I do it?

10-16-09 11:21 PM
    In the regular BBM settings, I have Save Message History set to Media Card. In my group chat settings, I have "Keep Messages For" set to Forever.

I'm the Admin for my group. If I clear the chat, can I restore it after I delete it? If so, how do I do it?

in your contact list, under blackberry groups, highlight the group, go to group details, theres more settings in there, and you can have it save message history to card/device.
    10-16-09 11:24 PM
    Yup!! I did that too. In Group Details, I have Save Message History to Media Card.

My question is, if I clear the group chat, how do I restore it after I've erased it?

10-16-09 11:39 PM
    Yup!! I did that too. In Group Details, I have Save Message History to Media Card.

My question is, if I clear the group chat, how do I restore it after I've erased it?

you don't restore it, you can just view it, by hitting your menu button, whilst in side the chat, and selecting "view chat history"
    10-16-09 11:41 PM
    Cool. Thanks for all your help!!!
    10-17-09 12:27 AM
    thanks guys
    10-17-09 07:20 AM
    This same problem just happened in my normal BBM chat, not the group one. I had to erase my message history with the user, end the chat and then start a new one...and now all the history got erased.

Is anyone else experiencing a slight lag/delay when typing in the new BBM, especially in Group Chat? I'm on a Bold with .247, hardly any apps and lots of free memory. I don't get it...!!
    10-19-09 04:49 PM
    I'm having the same issues... ughhh this is annoying.
    10-19-09 05:42 PM
    I tried setting the Group Chat settings to "Keep messages for 3 days". It used to be on "forever", but I switched it to only 3 days in hopes that it takes up less space and doesn't lag as much, or make the cursor disappear. But even after doing that, the same thing happened. Total BS.
    10-19-09 06:12 PM
    Group chat lags so bad. Not to mention sometimes my cursor's gone too. Had to restart and everything which is very annoying.
    10-19-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD