After upgrading to BBM 5.0 (still on os 4.7) whenever I try to send a picture, it makes me crop the picture and send only a small portion. I never had that issue with the previous version of BBM or even when I try to send MMS. It seems like it only makes me crop the picture with BBM 5.0.

Anyone else running into this issue? Or have a way to fix it so that it doesn't require me cropping it?

Thank you,
    Justin B.
    07-28-09 03:35 PM
    After upgrading to BBM 5.0 (still on os 4.7) whenever I try to send a picture, it makes me crop the picture and send only a small portion. I never had that issue with the previous version of BBM or even when I try to send MMS. It seems like it only makes me crop the picture with BBM 5.0.

Anyone else running into this issue? Or have a way to fix it so that it doesn't require me cropping it?

Thank you,
    Justin B.
    Just happened to me a lil bit ago as well. I hate that when programs force you to crop a picture. If im sending someone an image thru BBM, most likely I want them to get the whole friggin thing.
    07-28-09 03:36 PM

Thank you,
    Justin B.
    It does that when you are sending pics to someone not on BBM5. Otherwise, it will give you four other options to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 03:38 PM
    It does that when you are sending pics to someone not on BBM5. Otherwise, it will give you four other options to use.

ahh. That makes sense. Thanks man.
    07-28-09 03:46 PM
    ahh. That makes sense. Thanks man.
    No problem.

07-28-09 04:25 PM
    could it be telling you to crop them because they are too big? Have you tried changing the settings to a smaller pic size?
    07-28-09 04:34 PM
    could it be telling you to crop them because they are too big? Have you tried changing the settings to a smaller pic size?

I have been wondering for the last week why my phone (at first my 8330 curve, now my 9630" has been making me crop almost every picture I'm trying to share with people. It makes sense that its BBM5 related, now that I think about it, its always on the new BBM.

In reply to the pic size setting, I do not believe that is the case, they are the same size pics that I have sent many times b4. Because the Curve 8330 made me crop also, I don't think that size is the case. I have been experimenting with buttons trying to navigate around cropping, but so far, no good. All help would be greatly appreciated in figuring out how to send files without having to crop without cropping them first.
    07-28-09 10:33 PM
    mine did that on day one when the bbm 5.0 was leaked but it stopped.
    07-29-09 01:47 AM
    If you're sending to someone on bbm5 it sends the full picture with minimal compression. If you're sending to someone with an earlier version of bbm it makes you crop due to the size limits instead of just compressing it like the old bbm would.
    07-29-09 01:58 AM
    Thanks for the info that was bugging me too
    07-29-09 10:36 AM

Thank you,
    Justin B.
    My girl is still running the older version of BBM. If you don't want to crop the photo and lose some of the actual picture, press the BB key and select "Zoom Out". This will compress the image making it small enough to send the contact with the older version of BBM while still allowing you to send the picture in its' entirety rather than a cropped version!

I hope that helps!
    07-29-09 10:51 AM
    BBM 5 on Curve 8900

I never have to crop or resize the photo when sending to people on older BBMs.

It automatically adjusts the resolution of the pic when sending over BBM to a lower quality so transfer is quick.

The problem I have is now with BBM5 to BBM5 pic or voice note sharing it forces you to SAVE the file and then you can view it.

When someone sends a file to me from old BBM it lets me view it first and then option to saave or not if I wanted to.

I hate that I have to download the entire file now and then look at it. Waste of time especially when its a quick or silly pic and you don't want to save it but you want to be able to view it large enough to get the idea.

Major drawback in my opinion.
    07-29-09 04:30 PM
    Some great explanations in this thread. I had this happen inconsistently just as users here have, but never cared enough to figure it out.
    07-29-09 05:08 PM
    I also found drfirefighter's trick. Just zoom out in the picture cropping screen and then send it as a whole. And as mentioned above, sending it to a fellow BBM 5 allows you the option of adding a description. Not sure what 4 options there are as mentioned by some one above.
    07-29-09 11:45 PM
    I have a Tour 9630 and this problem recently started for me. I have never installed the bbm 5.0 onto my phone. everything on my phone is how it was right out of the box. I noticed it first when my bf sent me pictures thru bbm a few weeks ago and now when i send him pics its the same thing. His phone does not have the bbm 5.0 in it either and he also has a tour 9630. I'm not given an option to crop my photo before sending. but the recipient received a 1/2" by 1/2" pic.
    09-16-09 11:04 PM
    I have a Tour 9630 and this problem recently started for me. I have never installed the bbm 5.0 onto my phone. everything on my phone is how it was right out of the box. I noticed it first when my bf sent me pictures thru bbm a few weeks ago and now when i send him pics its the same thing. His phone does not have the bbm 5.0 in it either and he also has a tour 9630. I'm not given an option to crop my photo before sending. but the recipient received a 1/2" by 1/2" pic.
    I think you're referring to what it normally does with people who don't have BBM5, which is that it automatically reduces the size of the photo to less than 15kb so that it can send it quickly over bbm, thus resulting in a smaller picture.
    10-06-09 11:56 AM
    10-15-09 08:30 PM
    yes, this only happens, as previously stated, for sending pictures to people that are not on bbm 5, get ready for that to happen alot, as theres people crying all over the place about wanting to downgrade. personally i will remove anyone this dumb from my list as i'd rather not converse with anyone of such intelligence.
    10-15-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD