Hi .. im wondering if anyone could help me .. i have the new bbm 5.0 and in my profile for my location it has that im located in Jamaica but im actually located in Barbados does anyone know a way this can be fixed?. some other blackberries here profiles say that they are in Barbados
    11-05-09 05:32 PM
    i think its set by your gps and or network. when my friend went to portugal, it properly showed his BBM as being there and the time zone. since your phone doesnt have GPS, maybe its getting your location from your network/service provider. since Digicel is based out of Kingston, Jamaica, i would bet thats your answer right there. without having GPS to properly update it, you are stuck with it saying Jamaica.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 11-05-09 at 07:15 PM.
    11-05-09 07:13 PM
    i think its set by your gps and or network. when my friend went to portugal, it properly showed his BBM as being there and the time zone. since your phone doesnt have GPS, maybe its getting your location from your network/service provider. since Digicel is based out of Kingston, Jamaica, i would bet thats your answer right there. without having GPS to properly update it, you are stuck with it saying Jamaica.
    well this is on a blackberry 8900 which does have GPS so that shouldnt be the problem. but ye digicel is based out of kingston . but some bb's here there say that there in barbados so i dont know whats wrong with mine. anyone care to help
    11-07-09 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD