I've been searching the forums and cannot find the answer.

I installed the leaked version of OS 5.0.230 last evening. Today I noticed that I don't have BBM. So, I downloaded it from BB app world. It is now listed in the applications list but I cannot find the icon (and yes I've checked EVERY folder), it is not listed in the 5 dedicated icons for app switcher (holding the menu key) and I've tried to access it by adding it to QuickLaunch. No luck.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here? Has anyone else had this problem.

Thank you in advance.
    10-21-09 02:26 PM
    have you restarted the phone since the install. The phone requires a reboot after bbm5.
    10-21-09 02:36 PM
    Yes, I've done that and pulled the battery twice. No luck.
    10-21-09 02:37 PM
    i just installed bbm5 yesterday had the same issue until i rebooted. Does messenger list in your applications list as version 5.0.0.33? if not try reinstalling it.
    10-21-09 02:52 PM
    I had to reinstall BBM5 over the first install then the icon appeared....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 02:56 PM
    Typically you will just need to resend your service books - Option, Advanced Options, Service Book. And the Icon should reappear.

10-21-09 03:02 PM
    I deleted BBM 5.0 completely, rebooted, and download BBM 5.0 from appworld. It worked.

thanks for the suggestions everyone!
    10-22-09 07:40 AM
    BBM 5.0 sucks, they removed the alert feature, removed the view feature, that what made it good to use, now I find my self using yahoo to send pics or regular email. I dont want to download them, then the hang and hang and hang after u click save, thats BS !!!!!!
    10-22-09 08:07 AM
    Bricked for the loss... Sorries
    10-22-09 08:09 AM
    I'll search more when I get home from work, but I can't get it to install either. In fact I have no version of bbm installed whatsoever. I installed .230 last night. I've deleted, reinstalled, battery pulls, and nothing. It won't install at all it seems. Even though I download it from appworld, after the reboot it shows up as "archived". Resending service books doesn't help either. I try to reinstall from the archive icon, afterwards the icon disappears and the device states it installed successfully. But after a reboot, the archived icon shows right back up.

10-22-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD