BBM 5.0 just stopped working and it'a bit odd the way it doesn't work.

I can view options stuff when I press the menu button while my name is hihglighted, but whn I highlight any other name or contact or etc. it just doesn't give a crap to what I press

And in addition it doesn't open up my chats neither in BBm or in messeges tab. (Which it crashes when I scroll down to the threads of BBM messeges) Java.lang error something!

Anyone else had any problem like this?
    10-16-09 05:05 AM
    Do you have QuickLaunch installed and a shortcut set for BBM in it? That seems to be causing big problems with BBM for some people.
    10-16-09 05:33 AM
    Exactly!! Removed the shortcut and re-installed BBM... works flawlessly now!

Thnak you very much, since I'm just a newbie, you guys seem to know the heart of the problem by just looking at it

Everything about this berry still amazes me
    10-16-09 10:59 AM
    QuickLaunch will be able launch BBM5 in the next update.
    10-16-09 11:58 AM
    My bbm stopped working i just downloaded the new one and whenever I click on it it just wont open.. how do i uninstall bbm so i can reinstall it and see if it works?
    10-16-09 09:27 PM
    I did it this way;

Go to options->advanced options->applications.. Find BBM, hit the menu key and select delete. It will require a restart.

Like people mentioned above, check to see if you have any shortcuts from uncompatiable applications anywhere and be sure to remove them first!

Hope it helps
    10-17-09 03:11 AM
    When re-installing bbm were all your contacts lost?
    11-18-09 10:44 PM
    did you do a battery pull?
    11-18-09 10:53 PM
    Its a beta. So it just stopping working is pretictable isn't it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 12:12 AM
    Its a beta. So it just stopping working is pretictable isn't it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No. BBM 5.0 is not a beta. It is official. It is here on RIM's site. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger
    11-19-09 12:20 AM
    I would recommend forget BBM 5 and go back to 4.6... I've had so many problems with it that ive just given up
    11-19-09 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD