01-04-11 10:40 PM
353 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Anyone else getting this email? It's going to my work email, I'm not on the BES, no idea wtf is going on. My RIM rep is being shady about it too.

EDIT I've gotten 4 of these now all within 45 minutes or so.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:02 PM
    To: ****, Jeffrey
    Subject: BlackBerry Messenger email confirmation

Hello,

Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email. The email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email.

If you do not use BlackBerry Messenger, you can ignore this email.

Thank you,
    BlackBerry Messenger Team
    ---e---44#Fku8wc0lTAdramq416T9H+1zkS1U1vVKdyqjEwUU/GI=
    07-23-09 04:08 PM
    now 5 times...
    07-23-09 04:12 PM
    I let it go through, looks like it was just trying to connect for the email recovery aspect...
    07-23-09 04:59 PM
    1. Chat windows closes by itself.

2. You cannot delete a group

3. Device resets itself sometimes

4. Group chat is flawed, sometimes if there is a group chat going on and someone leaves there's a loop where the group chat re invites the user repeatedly

Those are the common bugs for now.
    07-23-09 05:04 PM
    [QUOTE=jesterekim;3143641]1. Chat windows closes by itself.

2. You cannot delete a group

3. Device resets itself sometimes

4. Group chat is flawed, sometimes if there is a group chat going on and someone leaves there's a loop where the group chat re invites the user repeatedly

Those are the common bugs for now.[/Q
    having same issues wit cats closing themselves...i think its a memory thing..last night about 11pm i pulled batt and had 5 open chats and about 20-22mb of app memory. i did not open any app and it left all the chats opened.

they stayed open until about 3pm today... after i noticed they had closed .i checked app mem and was down to 2.1mb....did a soft reset and will keep monitoring
    07-23-09 05:28 PM
    i think bbm5 is crapping out....all of my 3 bb's (2storms, 1 8830) are having problems getting and sending messages, they used to be doing great in the past 2 days...
    same.. it seems my friend gets most of my short messages, but not the longer ones
    07-23-09 11:07 PM
    mine has been working perfectly all day
    07-24-09 02:56 PM
    if someone sends me an image i need to choose to save and then it downloads and i can view. however, if i don't get to it in time it expires and can't be downloaded or even seen in a preview. is there any way to just receive the image direct like before? thanks.
    07-25-09 07:22 AM
    i think bbm5 is crapping out....all of my 3 bb's (2storms, 1 8830) are having problems getting and sending messages, they used to be doing great in the past 2 days...
    resend service books
    07-25-09 12:20 PM
    if someone sends me an image i need to choose to save and then it downloads and i can view. however, if i don't get to it in time it expires and can't be downloaded or even seen in a preview. is there any way to just receive the image direct like before? thanks.
    well thats the point of it expiring.
    07-25-09 12:20 PM
    well thats the point of it expiring.
    what i meant to say is that now you have to "accept" or "decline" the image.. if you don't do that within a certain space of time it expires. we didn't need to "accept" before, right? and there was no expiring as i remember??
    07-25-09 04:20 PM
    I've got a really big issue. Anyone else experiencing all the buttons not working? My call end button sometimes turns into my BB button. Sometimes it doesn't work and now I can't end my calls because it never works during a call. It's been acting weird since this afternoon but I've had 5.0 since the day before yesterday...

Also getting random reboots and issues with reset times and dates that the phone says I set up....and did not.
    Last edited by YungFrshCrckr; 07-25-09 at 04:57 PM.
    07-25-09 04:50 PM
    i just loaded the 5.0 OS and now cant find my bbm (5.0) wheres it disappear to?
    07-25-09 05:26 PM
    Did you DL the version for your device OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 05:27 PM
    Did you DL the version for your device OS?

if yur askin me if i DL'd the appropriate one for the storm, yes.. did everything from here: Leaked: OS 5.0.0.140 For BlackBerry Storm 9530 | CrackBerry.com

if you mean if I DL'd the BBM 5.0 for OS 5.0, then i dont think so since I got bbm first.. assuming there is a separate for OS 5.0?
    07-25-09 05:31 PM
    Each storm OS has a unique version of BBM 5.0. So if you have 4.7.0x then you need the bbm 5.0 for that. If you have 5.0.0.140 then there's a BBM 5.0 for that.

07-25-09 05:35 PM
    yea that makes sense.. anyone have al ink to where i can get bbm 5.0 for OS 5.0 (preferably OTA).. blackberrynews doesnt have it anymore
    07-25-09 05:41 PM
    Since RIM fixed there servers, I have yet to have any problems with BBm5
    07-25-09 05:58 PM
    Has anyone had issues with the BBM 5.0 and playing music from the device
    07-26-09 08:19 AM
    Oh help, i'm new to crackberry and new to my blackberry pearl flip too, and im trying to find the answer to why my BB Messenger totally disapeared when i downloaded the BBM 5 leak. I can PIN from my contacts but it is not longer in my IM list??? help! I'm pretty new to blackberry so pls try keep it simple for me! thank you
    07-26-09 11:56 AM
    Oh help, i'm new to crackberry and new to my blackberry pearl flip too, and im trying to find the answer to why my BB Messenger totally disapeared when i downloaded the BBM 5 leak. I can PIN from my contacts but it is not longer in my IM list??? help! I'm pretty new to blackberry so pls try keep it simple for me! thank you
    I had the same problem. I am using the Tour and I did an OTA install of BBM 5.0. But my BBM icon dissapeared! I went back to an earlier version of BBM until I find out why that happened. If anyone knows the solution your input is greatly appreciated.
    07-26-09 12:08 PM
    guys i just updated my core application using the desktop manager....
    now i do not have BBM
    any body can help?

i am using the Bold by the way
    07-26-09 02:54 PM
    not having any problems that havent been brought up... wont click (scrolls) cant enter chats by clicking(have to use bb button).. features vs draw backs.. still worth it to me..
    07-26-09 07:11 PM
    I haven't seen this issue posted anywhere.....I have an 8900, downloaded bbm 5.0 4 days ago and it works great except for this issue....I really like to "set an alert" for a contact that is unavailable or busy so I'm aware that they have now read my message and ready to interact. It takes up to 30 min sometimes to show unreachable (if on a flight per say and I know they just took off) and when I can finally "set alert" it will set but will not notify me even though they have started sending me messeges again and I can't clear the alert at that time, the contact stays dimmed and the alert symbol will not come off. I had to back up and restore contacts from my media card which was of course simple to do but it wipes out ALL conversations with all contacts. Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?
    07-27-09 06:12 PM
    Just a heads up to all using BBM 5.0. I recently found out that even though some contacts so up as "unavailable" you can still send and receive messages from them. Really weird. I have been messaging with two friends that have been showing up as "unavailable" for three days now without a problem.
    07-27-09 11:08 PM
353 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD