01-04-11 10:40 PM
353 ... 34567 ...
tools
    yeah looks like i just had about five pics show up in last hour. my avatar is slowly showing for others as well
    07-20-09 08:52 PM
    i scanned through a few pages, but didn't see what i was looking for.
    I'm running 4.5.0.160 USCC curve 8330

a couple problems: i can't see other contact pics and they cant see mine.
    locations request/send no working on either end.

any ideas?
    07-20-09 11:49 PM
    today: about 25 minutes ago, olta updated her avatar pix on BBM, and it pushed through to my BBM.

i have BBM avatar support!!!!!!! just a little, but size doesn't matter here. it worked!!!

it's alive!!!! muah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How'd you get it to work? A few of my friends were trying to get it to work.
    07-20-09 11:54 PM
    ughh..so right after i download the bbm my phone likes to reset itself...its done it bout 6 times in the past hour..how do i fix this problem??
    07-20-09 11:58 PM
    yeah looks like i just had about five pics show up in last hour. my avatar is slowly showing for others as well
    Is your BBM contact linked to your phonebook? My avatar wouldn't seem to display on others...
    07-21-09 12:27 AM
    Is anyone having the issue where it shows some of your contacts as unreachable while you're receiving messages from them? And also not showing some messages as read but the person replies to the message (indicating they have indeed read the message)? It will just show the check but not the check + d or even r?
    07-21-09 12:32 AM
    So i have an 8320, i tried installing via DM, when i did that i get an error that says "no additional apps for your devvice were found" i also tried copying and pasting the files but i don't have all of the same files that were listed, can some help me?
    07-21-09 02:28 AM
    Is anyone having the issue where it shows some of your contacts as unreachable while you're receiving messages from them? And also not showing some messages as read but the person replies to the message (indicating they have indeed read the message)? It will just show the check but not the check + d or even r?
    I'm having the same exact problem.
    07-21-09 03:10 AM
    I just want to say that Avatars are working perfectly fine. As far as trying to send pix msgs with bbm5 and having to crop the photo I think it has something to do with the quality of the photo or something. My g/f has a storm and when I sent to her I didnt have to crop anything. My Cuz has a curve when I sent the same pic to her it made me crop it so I dunno what that is about. Again people this is a leak not everything will be functioning properly. Have some patience with it. Go to Host Routing Table and register your phone with the wireless network. Send your service books to your phone and do a battery pull. I have found that doing that has solved my delivery issues that I was having.
    07-21-09 04:00 AM
    I tried the distance feature and mine went into infinite loop
    So i unbricked initiated BES and now it works fine.

Everyone should remember that is beta ish and my come with some pain.

All in all i love bbm 5 besides my bb needed a good cleaning anyway.

what did you learn from this?
    Back up you BB
    07-21-09 08:32 AM
    I'm shocked so many ppl are having issues, Storm users with no issues with the new BBM as of yet. I've had it installed about 4 days now and I havent noticed any problems.
    07-21-09 09:24 AM
    I'm shocked so many ppl are having issues, Storm users with no issues with the new BBM as of yet. I've had it installed about 4 days now and I havent noticed any problems.
    Mine had been working perfectly too.
    07-21-09 09:26 AM
    I've got two issues, one for sure is BBM the other I'm not quite sure.

First I can't get to my memory card for pictures in BBM 5.0. It only allows me into device memory. When I try to go "up" for some reason it connects me to ubber twitter.

Second issue, the one I'm not sure about is I've had 4 resets since installing BBM 5.0 now. I don't see anyone else complaining about that, but it's awful weird I didn't have a problem prior to that install.
    07-21-09 09:29 AM
    I noticed if you have a contact connected via Facebook (have their Facebook profile picture in the contacts, etc.) that it overwrites the BBM Avator the contact has. Anyone else noticing this and/or know how to fix it?
    07-21-09 09:45 AM
    I noticed if you have a contact connected via Facebook (have their Facebook profile picture in the contacts, etc.) that it overwrites the BBM Avator the contact has. Anyone else noticing this and/or know how to fix it?
    Havent noticed, cause none of my friends have the new BBM but me. lol. So all I have is there FB picture...no avatars.
    07-21-09 10:09 AM
    Sorry if this has been asked but my wife and i both have the new BBM and we have not had any issues with it but i can't see her avatar and vice versa. Is everyone having this problem or just us?
    And is there a fix?
    Thanks
    07-21-09 10:57 AM
    Sorry if this has been asked but my wife and i both have the new BBM and we have not had any issues with it but i can't see her avatar and vice versa. Is everyone having this problem or just us?
    And is there a fix?
    Thanks
    Set up a picture for your wife contact picture. That picture will then be your wife bbm avatar.
    07-21-09 11:03 AM
    Set up a picture for your wife contact picture. That picture will then be your wife bbm avatar.
    Ok I'll try that. Thanks
    07-21-09 11:16 AM
    Ok I'll try that. Thanks
    No problem
    07-21-09 11:21 AM
    Havent noticed, cause none of my friends have the new BBM but me. lol. So all I have is there FB picture...no avatars.
    Yeah, my one contact has the new BBM and his FB picture is showing instead of his avator. If I disconnect the "connect" function, maybe this will push the avator through? ....but then remove the FB function on the actual contacts list?
    07-21-09 11:31 AM
    No problem
    But i thought i was suppose to see whatever avatar/pic SHE chooses not something i pick for her.
    07-21-09 11:47 AM
    But i thought i was suppose to see whatever avatar/pic SHE chooses not something i pick for her.
    This is just to set up her avatar, but once it is set up - she can change her avatar to whatever she wishes on her device and you will see it.
    07-21-09 11:53 AM
    Sweet. I'll do it right now. Thanks again.
    07-21-09 11:56 AM
    Question for those of you with the 9530, should I delete BBM 4.7 first and then install BB 5.0 OTA, would that resolve any issues I might be having?

I tried an OTA install yesterday and it kept prompting me that I was overwriting files etc, and I had some issues with my data connections afterwards. I'm running .148 with .90's radio code on T-Mobile. Any help would be appreciated - thanks.
    07-21-09 12:52 PM
    Question for those of you with the 9530, should I delete BBM 4.7 first and then install BB 5.0 OTA, would that resolve any issues I might be having?

I tried an OTA install yesterday and it kept prompting me that I was overwriting files etc, and I had some issues with my data connections afterwards. I'm running .148 with .90's radio code on T-Mobile. Any help would be appreciated - thanks.
    I used the dm and I did not delete 4.7 BBM.
    07-21-09 12:54 PM
353 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD