01-04-11 09:40 PM
353 ... 23456 ...
tools
    For any of you 'twitterers' I did a random search on it and typed in anything from blackberry messenger, bbm, rim server, etc. and it seems it's a widespread issue. A lot of it focused around server capacity issues....nothing really new from what we know, but just some more fuel for the fire.
    07-20-09 12:24 PM
    Just for the record, tons of issues with 5.0 with not delivering, delivering out of order, all that. Downgraded to 4.7 last night, no issues at all now. Friend sent me a bbm using 5.0, took a half hour for it to go through. So 5.0 buggy as ****, perfect with 4.7

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 12:28 PM
    it's sent all my messages fine this morning. but last nite it was a mess.
    07-20-09 12:33 PM
    I went back to the 4.7 it was a bit buggy. Ill wait for the final build its not that serious.
    07-20-09 12:36 PM
    A "leak" is never really a leak they just test things out on sorry suckers like us(lol).

sorry for the double post.
    07-20-09 12:37 PM
    quick question... i have scanned some new contacts n only their pins show up...anyone else has this problem, i have resent the service books reregistered with the network n did a battery pull...any tips?
    07-20-09 01:04 PM
    conspiracy theorists unite!

dyslexics untie!!!
    07-20-09 01:10 PM
    I downloaded 5.0 for my Tour and it went through perfectly fine. My cousin tried on her 8330 and BBM disappeared. She went to the Sprint store today and they told her she needs to replace the phone b/c it has a virus. Anyone else heard of or is going through that same problem?
    07-20-09 01:14 PM
    I downloaded 5.0 for my Tour and it went through perfectly fine. My cousin tried on her 8330 and BBM disappeared. She went to the Sprint store today and they told her she needs to replace the phone b/c it has a virus. Anyone else heard of or is going through that same problem?
    it's not a virus. that store rep is ********. check the app screen (options>advanced options>applications) and see if it says blackberry messenger. if it doesn't then just re-install OTA (if you haven't tried that already, that is). if that doesn't work then try with DM
    07-20-09 01:26 PM
    so i've re-downloaded BBM5, re-registerd HRT and resent service books, *228, battery pull, castrated the prize bull, sacrificed 50 live chickens and drank 100 beers exactly and it still doesn't work.
    Believe you had to sacrafice 54 live chickens to get it to work. lol
    07-20-09 01:31 PM
    What's HRT? (hella noob question prolly)
    07-20-09 01:52 PM
    What's HRT? (hella noob question prolly)
    FIRST

host routing table
    07-20-09 01:53 PM
    that being said how do i know my service books are to date and the HRT is right?

This morning thus far my phone hasn't screwed up sending a single bbm message.

I don't think i have any problems at the moment aside from being able to open up chats by clicking the screen sometimes, and being forced to use the application button.
    07-20-09 01:57 PM
    your cousin needs to update the OS to a more newer recent one.. it happened to my friend!
    07-20-09 02:10 PM
    Im having some of the same issues...I installed it on my Tour on Sat and it was working totally fine for about 24hrs then late last night it started getting really laggy and freezing up....did a battery pull and went to sleep... this morning when i tried sending a BBM it froze up... when i backed out of the application a few mins later i got an error stating the application was non responsive and would be shutting down... Since then its been doing all sorts of things such as freezing... not allowing me to start conversations...giving errors such as "too many threads error" etc... i love the new BBM 5.0 but if it isnt going to work all the time and be reliable then its not worth having... i know its a beta and bugs are to be expected... so im not mad...it just sucks that im having so many errors with it on my tour... guess ima have to wait for an official release or atleast a more solid beta build...
    07-20-09 02:23 PM
    love the new BBM 5.0 but if it isnt going to work all the time and be reliable then its not worth having... i know its a beta and bugs are to be expected... so im not mad...it just sucks that im having so many errors with it on my tour... guess ima have to wait for an official release or atleast a more solid beta build...
    I gave up on it on my Storm/.151 this morning and went back to 4.7... BBM5 worked OK for a while, then started taking longer and longer to send messages until all the machinations, battery pulls, etc. had no effect.

Nice potential, though ... can't wait for the release version.
    07-20-09 03:11 PM
    so, i have to re-do my .151 OS install to remove this BBM, that sucks bag.

damn. i guess that's the price you pay for bleeding edge. Hrmm... are you having the same issue patches? I mean it's so weird that not all my messages are goin thru and then they go thru randomly to the person.
    Not necessarily ... I deleted BBM5 in options/advanced/applications; rebooted, then fired up DM5 and let it install BBM 4.7.

Granted, I did lose the few pin contacts I had, but that was no biggie, and BBM 4.7 went right back to being as solid as ever, along with everything else.

YMMV ...
    07-20-09 03:21 PM
    Mine works great for the 8900, but would not install on my friend's Verizon Pearl. Lame!
    07-20-09 04:22 PM
    Everything works fine for me except dm reads I have Blackberry Messenger 4.6 and BBM 5.0. My bold doesn't see this in the app list. It just sees BBM 5.0. I want to delete it via dm but just want to make sure its not needed first. Anyone else experience this?
    07-20-09 05:40 PM
    today: about 25 minutes ago, olta updated her avatar pix on BBM, and it pushed through to my BBM.

i have BBM avatar support!!!!!!! just a little, but size doesn't matter here. it worked!!!

it's alive!!!! muah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-20-09 06:28 PM
    the thing i find weird, is i think it's larger messages that seem to not send. If you send smaller messages they seem to go thru no problem. But if you type a big one, then add a few smaller ones they usually don't send.

i really wish this didn't happen, as BBM 5 is much nicer than 4.7.
    07-20-09 06:36 PM
    just got a 2nd user who updated their pix and it came through!

totally keeping 5.0 BBM now
    07-20-09 06:47 PM
    Anyone know how to remove an empty contact group?
    07-20-09 06:59 PM
    Anyone know how to remove an empty contact group?
    This is exactly what I need help with. I have to empty CONTACTS groups and cant get rid of them.
    07-20-09 07:01 PM
    idk if you can, i think that one stays forever, but you can prolly rename it something else in place of a created group you made.

i have "contacts" and "work" and "school"
    07-20-09 07:19 PM
353 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD