01-04-11 10:40 PM
353 12345 ...
tools
    Just noticed that a left swipe on an open convo in the contacts list closes the convo is that new?
    Swiping left or right should change convos. If you're at the first or last and keep swiping it will go to the BBM contacts screen. Same applies to email, sms, any list sorted message services.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 01:36 PM
    The only (strange) issue i have with BBM 5.0 is when i try to send a picture, the menu opens up, i try to move up a directory and for some reason it opens up UberTwitter...
    other than that, my battery life has been crap since installing it.
    I noticed the same thing when sending a pic. It opens up Ubertwitter. My battery life is fine though.
    07-19-09 02:19 PM
    There is no threaded text!

07-19-09 02:40 PM
    I noticed the same thing when sending a pic. It opens up Ubertwitter. My battery life is fine though.
    Me three. Tried to open picture folder and ubertwitter popped up. Thought it was just me doing something wrong.
    07-19-09 03:24 PM
    did anyone tried deleting it and reinstalling it? if so did it work. im about to try now ill let you guys know
    07-19-09 11:10 PM
    I was having issues with people not receiving some of my messages at all.
    Also had some people show up as unreachable (not unavailable) as i was having convos with them. Also, like stated before the bottom buttons would not work and just scroll down. Click to open message did not work at times as well. I've downgraded back to the orig for now, maybe we'll get a better leak.
    07-20-09 09:31 AM
    I was having issues with BBM all day yesterday after installing BBM5 on my GF's new Tour and my Storm. Her tour seemed to be working fine, however, mine was having the sending/receiving delay issues. I tried some of the fixes I read about all over the net and nothing worked for me. I reinstalled OTA multiple times and it did not work for me. Today, I removed BBM5 using DM4.7 and then downloaded the zip file and installed using the Desktop manager instead of OTA. I noticed the install file is 2.0mb as opposed to the 1.1mb install OTA. not sure where the extra .9mb comes from but now I've been sending/receiving all morning with no issues. Give it a shot, it may work for you.
    07-20-09 09:46 AM
    Hi all,

Long time lurko, first time poster.

I just installed BBM5.0, and from the previews it says that it will have SMS support. I went to add a contact but the options only gave me Email and Pin. I Am running .151 6v3 Hybrid. Any idea why SMS is not being shown? Could it be that its not the offical?
    07-20-09 10:28 AM
    Probably due to the fact that you aren't running a 5.0 OS. Just a guess, though.

07-20-09 10:32 AM
    so i've re-downloaded BBM5, re-registerd HRT and resent service books, *228, battery pull, castrated the prize bull, sacrificed 50 live chickens and drank 100 beers exactly and it still doesn't work.
    07-20-09 11:33 AM
    My BBM is now back to being shady...one second it's good and the next it is down. I don't know what is going on.
    07-20-09 11:44 AM
    for me, my problems include, cannot open convos and start convos all the time, and not all my messages go through. If i wanted to re-install, what's the best way for me to do so? And if i wanted to revert to the old version of BBM what's the best way for me to do so?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    07-20-09 11:53 AM
    re-instlalled for my device by going to stormota.com from my device and just installing right over the top of the one i had before (didn't seem to do anything)

uninstall: you'll have to uninstall the OS you're using from the PC, then re-install it (that will overwrite the 5.0 BBM files in the app loader) then you just go to DM and app loader>update and should prompt you to downgrade your apps.
    07-20-09 11:56 AM
    I haven't had any issues so far with using the stormota link but wasn't BBM 5.0 supposed to include threaded text? Anyone able to get this to work?
    07-20-09 12:01 PM
    so, i have to re-do my .151 OS install to remove this BBM, that sucks bag.

damn. i guess that's the price you pay for bleeding edge. Hrmm... are you having the same issue patches? I mean it's so weird that not all my messages are goin thru and then they go thru randomly to the person.
    07-20-09 12:02 PM
    so i've re-downloaded BBM5, re-registerd HRT and resent service books, *228, battery pull, castrated the prize bull, sacrificed 50 live chickens and drank 100 beers exactly and it still doesn't work.
    Patches! The ritual uses 49 not 50 chickens! You ruined it.

I haven't had any issues so far with using the stormota link but wasn't BBM 5.0 supposed to include threaded text? Anyone able to get this to work?
    it's not available with this build of BBM5.....so read as follows:

it will be there later on, but isn't there now.
    Has this issue solely been related to people with the leaked BBM 5.0?? Or is this same thing occuring on all previous versions? After my phone call to Verizon, I'm beginning to think it's 5.0. The rep gave me his PIN and sent me a request (which I received and accepted) and then sent me a message, which I received. His screen read that the message was delivered. I responded back and got the normal check mark, nothing else, and the message never made it to his phone. He was on the regular BBM.
    07-20-09 12:35 PM
    seems to be on 4.7 as well from what i've seen/heard from other users, and it's not just VZW...some say RIM outage, but no reports of RIM outages other than the few who claim it. i honestly think that RIM is being infiltrated by the blue meanies!
    07-20-09 12:43 PM
    seems to be on 4.7 as well from what i've seen/heard from other users, and it's not just VZW...some say RIM outage, but no reports of RIM outages other than the few who claim it. i honestly think that RIM is being infiltrated by the blue meanies!
    I think it's Steve Jobs! He is trying to take one thing away from us that BBs have and are better than the iPhone at!
    07-20-09 12:47 PM
    why is this in the OS section? isnot a operating system. its more a App. then anything. oh i have no problems mine seems to work fine
    07-20-09 12:50 PM
    i love the new messenger, only have one problem. Its with sending and receiving pictures through the messenger. It takes up to 5 minutes to send the pic or receive it, where the older one was immediate. Any ideas? or just something they need to fix
    07-20-09 12:50 PM
    Not sure if this makes a difference or not. Just my experience.

Installed from stormota.com last night.

Installed with no issues all contacts still there.

Started sending messages. No luck had trouble from the word go.

Next morning I still had trouble.

I deleted BBM and forgot to backup contacts S**t!

Downloaded again reinstalled and sent out invotes to all contacts

Been working ever since.............so far that is!
    07-20-09 01:10 PM
    Oh yeah I forgot to change my info I am now running 151
    07-20-09 01:13 PM
    That's the hardest part about this is its so sporadic and intermittent nobody can figure it out.

07-20-09 01:13 PM
353 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD