01-04-11 09:40 PM
353 ... 1112131415
tools
    ugggggggg so annoyed with what they did with the status and status messages. It just looks stupid and the fact that they have minimized the amount of characters allowed
    10-14-09 07:15 AM
    I have had a couple different issues with BBM 5 and I am wondering if anyone else has noticed the same.

I don't know if this is just the way it's gonna be, but when I open a convo, the cursor is on the last message in the convo instead of in the box where you would reply. That to me is really annoying, especially when I'm trying to reply. In 4.7 you could just start typing and now I don't have a choice but to hit the R button or scroll down to the box to reply.

Phantom flashing red light. I will get a new message, and open the convo and the red light still flashes. Anybody else having this problem?

File transfer takes FOREVER, I am assuming this is normal for BBM5?
    10-14-09 10:40 AM
    Same Issues Im Having...i Hope There Is An Upgrade Soon
    10-14-09 11:25 AM
    For the phantom flashing light. Make sure you "click" in the reply bar so the message is marked as read. I saw that issue as well but realized it was because I had just looked at it and hit end or back.
    10-14-09 12:03 PM
    How do I get rid of the Group notification on the home screen? Sometimes I dont want to read the chat.
    10-14-09 12:25 PM
    What is the point of being able to add a regular contact to messenger? You cannot send more than 160 characters and the emoticons don't go through. What are people using this new feature for?
    10-14-09 05:11 PM
    I had BBM 5.0 on my Tour. Then received a refurb'd unit. Downloaded 5.0 on the refurb'd unit and now i don't have anyone's pic/avatar and it's not updating that. I know these contacts have pics/avatars because it was on my original Tour.

Any ideas why and how to correct this?
    10-22-09 02:31 PM
    I am not sure I am posting this correctly - still new at this forum stuff. I have a problem with my messenger in which the current conversations just disappear after so much time and it can happen right when waiting for someone to reply within like 5 minutes. It never use to do that and I feel like something happened. Any suggestions
    10-25-09 06:02 PM
    Running a Pearl 8130/4.5.0.127 from Bell Mobility. I installed the newest BBM today. Due to the amount of applications I have on this tiny device, and the little amount of internal memory it has (64 MB before OS installation) I frequently pull the battery after installs & uninstalls (unless the device automatically prompts me to.)

After installing BBM via BlackBerry App World, I did a battery pull. Upon rebooting, my Pearl had BBM open so I hit Menu > Close. To my surprise my Recent Call list was then opened, so I hit Menu > Close. And for some odd reason my Browser was opened so I hit...you guess it, Menu > Close.

I uninstalled BBM, then powercycled my device again, then reinstalled via the link from Mobile BlackBerry.com I agreed to the service disclosure first once it finished installed it and made sure all applications including BBM was closed. I turned the handset off and then on, nothing was open. However now anytime I perform a battery pull now upon reboot I have to close BBM, Recent Call list, then Browser in the order everytime.

Any ideas? Perhaps BBM 5.0 wasn't intended for a Pearl or anything under OS 4.6 or earlier.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
    10-26-09 07:49 PM
    I've had some similar issues W/ BBM 5 on the new OS 5 release. I installed OS 5, and now it says that my BBM 5 is archived. I reinstalled through App World, it disappears. I installed 4.7 through DM, and works fine, and it shows up in my Downloads folder as archived again. Installed from App World again and nothing shows up again...

Is there any solution, or does it have issues w/ OS 5?
    10-27-09 11:14 AM
    ok so i love the new bbm and it has been perfect, untill now. I can receive messages and i can see the little preview part but i cannot open the chat, and i also cannot open another contacts profile. anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?
    10-28-09 12:42 PM
    ok so i love the new bbm and it has been perfect, untill now. I can receive messages and i can see the little preview part but i cannot open the chat, and i also cannot open another contacts profile. anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?
    you need to do a battery pull or quick pull if you have it! and that will free up your bbm to click it and to go to your chat or profiles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 03:49 AM
    File & Pic transfers are the only issue I am having...it seems that the fastest way to send a pic is to create a group and load them there..which can get a lil annoying..also if u do wanna send a pic send it as a file..then select the small option..sending pics under Picture hs yet to work on my Storm .328 btw...besides that I am enjoying it..
    11-17-09 01:40 PM
    I just upgraded my tour to OS 5 and I'm trying to add SMS contacts in BBM 5.0. When I add the contacts I select that person's mobile number, however EVERY time it changes to display their HOME number. Even though when I edit the contact in BBM it displays their mobile number, by their name in the chat log it says HOME and is sending it to their HOME number. Any ideas or anyone seen this before?
    11-19-09 04:14 PM
    I just did my upgrade and after doing about 5 seperate updates and reloading of programs, removing of others im still curious about a feature which makes me a little uneasy for some reason.

Does anybody enjoy seeing their phone randomly get busy and turn itself OFF....then reboots itself before your eyes and to your surprise a few seconds later, you have new programs installed on it?

I dont care if its only verizon or whoever, but seems rather odd that such a feature exists. Its probably more odd that im more pissed about not being able to use my BEYOND 160 sms app with the new update......makes me so happy I paid $7 for that amazing program!
    11-22-09 11:09 PM
    I "upgraded" from 4.7 to 5.0 last night. I'm not entirely up to speed, but I immediately noticed that a contact's status isn't visible from the main contact screen as it was in previous versions. Is there a way to change this?
    Last edited by Duderotamy; 11-25-09 at 09:59 AM.
    11-23-09 06:08 PM
    you need to do a battery pull or quick pull if you have it! and that will free up your bbm to click it and to go to your chat or profiles.

I have the same problem, when I receive a new message I can't open it or do anything else in BBM, it is completely frozen. A battery pull does not work and deleted and reinstalled did not work. As soon as I get a new message it freezes again. Thoughts? Can I download old version of BBM? I don't use it much so I don't need any fancy features. Thx
    12-04-09 01:44 PM
    I'm sorry if this has been covered but I have seriously been searching for an answer and didn't find one that worked. This appeared to be the most popular thread on the subject that I could find although I should premise this with the fact that I have a Bold 9000.

I received an automated message on my phone today from BB Network Admin saying that my Beta BBM (v5.0.0.08) was no longer supported after Dec 15th and I need to upgrade to v5.0.0.33. I clicked on the download link (on my phone) and after installing I found the common issue of not finding the BBM Icon anywhere.

I have uninstalled BBM and re-installed using the same link
    I have uninstalled and re-installed using a browser
    I have uninstalled and re-installed using BlackBerry App World
    I have looked in the IM Folder, the hidden folders and icons and even held the BlackBerry button to see if the icon was at least running
    I have done numerous battery pulls

When I install using a browser, not only is the icon missing but I don't even see it under the Applications screen

At this point, aside from giving up, is there anything else I'm missing?

BTW I have a Bold 9000 on AT&T and am running OS v4.6.0.297
    The previous BBM v5 was working fine, it was just this latest version that caused the issues.
    12-09-09 06:31 PM
    I'm sorry if this has been covered but I have seriously been searching for an answer and didn't find one that worked. This appeared to be the most popular thread on the subject that I could find although I should premise this with the fact that I have a Bold 9000.

I received an automated message on my phone today from BB Network Admin saying that my Beta BBM (v5.0.0.08) was no longer supported after Dec 15th and I need to upgrade to v5.0.0.33. I clicked on the download link (on my phone) and after installing I found the common issue of not finding the BBM Icon anywhere.

I have uninstalled BBM and re-installed using the same link
    I have uninstalled and re-installed using a browser
    I have uninstalled and re-installed using BlackBerry App World
    I have looked in the IM Folder, the hidden folders and icons and even held the BlackBerry button to see if the icon was at least running
    I have done numerous battery pulls

When I install using a browser, not only is the icon missing but I don't even see it under the Applications screen

At this point, aside from giving up, is there anything else I'm missing?

BTW I have a Bold 9000 on AT&T and am running OS v4.6.0.297
    The previous BBM v5 was working fine, it was just this latest version that caused the issues.
    Have you tried loading it through app loader on DM? This just might be the issue where .33 doesn't run on anything below OS 5.0?

12-09-09 07:49 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up deleting BBM and then downgrading to a lower version using DM and then reinstalling using the link in the original text message. That looks like it worked.

Your suggestion may have worked as well but I had already tried the method above...not sure why it was causing such an issue in the first place.

Anyway, I appreciate the help.
    12-09-09 09:10 PM
    My issue is that my status doesn't update. I mean I can type in whatever I want in the status message box and click save but it doesn't.. Really save. Like, the update doesn't show up for anyone. I'm stuck with no status message. I've reinstalled, deleted & re downloaded, and even now I upgraded to the new OS and the new BBM and it still doesn't work.

And by "status" I mean both "available" or "busy" AND my status message. Can't update neither. Help?

Edit: I haven't read the entire thread so, sorry if someone already asked..

Last edited by carlosinferi; 12-10-09 at 02:20 AM.
    12-10-09 02:17 AM
    My issue is that my status doesn't update. I mean I can type in whatever I want in the status message box and click save but it doesn't.. Really save. Like, the update doesn't show up for anyone. I'm stuck with no status message. I've reinstalled, deleted & re downloaded, and even now I upgraded to the new OS and the new BBM and it still doesn't work.

And by "status" I mean both "available" or "busy" AND my status message. Can't update neither. Help?

Edit: I haven't read the entire thread so, sorry if someone already asked..

that is quite strange...so you can send and receive BBM's fine but not update your status? nor see anyone else's status? Can you check the default permissions under Options>Applications and under Add on> BBM to see if all are set to allow?
    12-10-09 10:45 AM
    I added a contact to the home screen and it appears there fine. The problem is trying to remove it fomr the home screen...I can't remove the contact from the home screen.

The weird thing is that I can't find the option to even add a new contact on the home screen in BBM5 (i'm using .33). I went to BBM>highlughted a contact> and pressed the bb button> but no "show contact in home screen" was there...it was last night when i originally added a contact to the home screen.

I did a battery pull and re-install...any ideas?

Solutions?
    12-10-09 07:40 PM
    that is quite strange...so you can send and receive BBM's fine but not update your status? nor see anyone else's status? Can you check the default permissions under Options>Applications and under Add on> BBM to see if all are set to allow?
    That is correct, except for "nor see anyone else's status". I see other people's status updates. Mine doesn't work. And I did the permission thingy, still not working

12-10-09 09:19 PM
    I've got some mp3s with the album art embedded in them. The media player will come to a crawl when yoo do anything: skip, play, pause, etc. Hope this gets fixed in the next release.

12-10-09 10:08 PM
353 ... 1112131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD